• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Horses Discussion

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Make horses only usable by rogues specs. Give ranger a summon horse skill and remove/nerf hard icearrow as compensation.
How is horses related to rogues whatsoever? Paladin is a knight, obviously needs a horse. Samurai were cavalery aswell as infantery, dragoons were cavalery and dreadknights are a sort of knights aswell.

But of course, balance-wise I agree with you.

Make horses only usable by rogues specs. Give ranger a summon horse skill and remove/nerf hard icearrow as compensation.
farmers man to tame and ride, but rouges should definitely ride horses, mainly Rangers, cuz it doesn't really fit in with lore for anything else, also warriors though, calvary.[DOUBLEPOST=1366473645][/DOUBLEPOST]lol, what would happen, if a wizard used blink while on a horse?

macura

Diamond
How is horses related to rogues whatsoever? Paladin is a knight, obviously needs a horse. Samurai were cavalery aswell as infantery, dragoons were cavalery and dreadknights are a sort of knights aswell.

But of course, balance-wise I agree with you.
Dragoons by lore do indeed ride horses however unless they get a significant mobility nerf they would be virtually uncatchable.

Sidenote i had an idea for how this could be balanced and be interestif at the same time. Make using skills while on a horse not possible unless you are a dragoon, but even then only allow a couple skills. Rename spear to harpoon and make a level 65 skill that can only be used when on a horse. Have it have a long range for a phsical skill, maybe 7-8 blocks and have it do pretty good damage and slow the person for 2-3 seconds. Anyone else can still use swords/bows which is realistic and casters would not be able to infinately kite.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Dragoons by lore do indeed ride horses however unless they get a significant mobility nerf they would be virtually uncatchable.

Sidenote i had an idea for how this could be balanced and be interestif at the same time. Make using skills while on a horse not possible unless you are a dragoon, but even then only allow a couple skills. Rename spear to harpoon and make a level 65 skill that can only be used when on a horse. Have it have a long range for a phsical skill, maybe 7-8 blocks and have it do pretty good damage and slow the person for 2-3 seconds. Anyone else can still use swords/bows which is realistic and casters would not be able to infinately kite.
Meh, I think it would be cool to change Dragoon completly to go from being a guy jumping around like crazy to being a 100% cavalerist. He would fight on horseback having the advantage of utility, however lose Jump and Superjump. Spear would actually be really cool from horseback. Maybe nerf armor a little to make up for the constant utility from riding the horse.

macura

Diamond
Meh, I think it would be cool to change Dragoon completly to go from being a guy jumping around like crazy to being a 100% cavalerist. He would fight on horseback having the advantage of utility, however lose Jump and Superjump. Spear would actually be really cool from horseback. Maybe nerf armor a little to make up for the constant utility from riding the horse.
You can't expect someone to always have a horse, an armor nerf on top of a mobility nerf in addition to every other class getting another 65 skill would make dragoons pretty useless.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
You can't expect someone to always have a horse, an armor nerf on top of a mobility nerf in addition to every other class getting another 65 skill would make dragoons pretty useless.
Mobility nerf? Assuming horses will have a much higher movement speed than usual, a constant high movement speed is more like a buff. But of course, it all depends on how rare horses are because if Dragoons should work like I suggested they'd need full access to horses.

the whole purpose of casters is to infinately kite. We have crap melee, and armor, if we cant use skills on horses, what can we do? completely useless

macura

Diamond
the whole purpose of casters is to infinately kite. We have crap melee, and armor, if we cant use skills on horses, what can we do? completely useless
Use skills while not on a horse. If you need to use a horse to kite as a caster you are doing something wrong. Having skills not able to be used when on a horse only benefits dragoons who would most likely get a skill to use on a horse and rangers who frankly need something other than ice arrow to use. Both of these classes use horses to their advantage according to lore, mages do not.

If you as a caster are being chased down by a person attempting to melee you from a horse just fireball the horse, it is pretty damn simple.

Also sidenote to whom ever said that farmers should tame horses, i don't disagree with you i also think they should but i also believe rangers should be able to summon them.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

Your arguments make me want to fucking murder myself. Are you mentally ill or something all you say is THIS CLASS CAN'T KITE AND HAS SHIT MELEE DAMAGE EVEN THO WE HAVE ICEBOLT BLINK AND ROOT AND ALSO CAN DO 500+ DAMAGE IN 2 SECONDS. Your brain is fucking completely useless

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Also sidenote to whom ever said that farmers should tame horses, i don't disagree with you i also think they should but i also believe rangers should be able to summon them.
Let my clarify my position. I believe that farmers should be able to breed, break/tame horses, and summon them at lvl 65 as their new skill. I don't believe rangers should be able to summon a horse. I wouldn't mind them being able to break them though.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Let my clarify my position. I believe that farmers should be able to breed, break/tame horses, and summon them at lvl 65 as their new skill. I don't believe rangers should be able to summon a horse. I wouldn't mind them being able to break them though.

I have no problem with a Ranger being able to tame a wild horse - but summon no. Leave the summoning of animals to Farmers.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
How does it fit that rangers have horses? (Unless all rangers on HC are Parthian)

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Or just replace their shit moves with stuff like backflip which Kainzo will do 100% in class reworks so stop talking about rangers taking horses because the lore doesn't even make sense

Tridentx

Stone
In terms of the lore. Horse's would be best suited towards a ranger rather than any other class. Personally I think rangers should solely beable to use horse's and the other classe's should beable to ride pigs instead.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
In terms of the lore. Horse's would be best suited towards a ranger rather than any other class. Personally I think rangers should solely beable to use horse's and the other classe's should beable to ride pigs instead.

So your saying even tho the meaning of dragoon is horse riding infantry you would still give it to ranger which usually is based around a woody type character like Robin Hood?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We havent decided how horses will be integrated - here's some thoughts.

1) Make it so horses are usable by everyone, but require a skill or cost to summon/activate
2) Make it so some classes actually have to level to X to get the ability to summon their skill-horse, where as others can learn a riding skill to bring one out... not 100% on this.
3) Make it a commodity and only the richest of the rich can ride horses.

I don't really know the best route but we'll come up with something soon.