• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hoppers

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
So right now hoppers crafting is disable to avoid the lag they cause.

Suggestion: Once the server is running on the new machine. Allow players to buy hoppers for 50-100c each, and reduce the speed hoppers work, maybe do it so it moves 16 items every time.

Most engineer mechanisms work with hoppers, and just having 1 or 2 is a huge difference

And if they are not going to come back to herocraft is less than 2 months, at least say it so players can just ignore that profession.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
The issue was the fact that it couldn't be reduced, afaik. They ticked like a thousand times a minute or something ridiculous. I'm sure when that's fixed they'll come back.

Until then, I'll bet no one will need lifts, piston doors, bridges, complex cart systems, hidden switches, gates, or trapped chests. Since, ya know, those all require hoppers and without the hoppers, they might as well just remove Engineer as it offers nothing else of use.

;)

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
Most engineer mechanisms work with hoppers, and just having 1 or 2 is a huge difference
And if they are not going to come back to herocraft is less than 2 months, at least say it so players can just ignore that profession.

Nr.1 Reason i picked Engineer last Map: Player detector. Dont need hoppers to work.
Nr.2 Make a lift so i dont have to climb the ladder up and down the whole time. Dont need hoppers to work.
Nr.3 Automatic Furnace. Need hoppers.

You see i didnt pick engineer in the first place to make some Hopper related stuff.

And im sure kainzo will enable them again when its posible to change the amount of item transfers per tick.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Nr.1 Reason i picked Engineer last Map: Player detector. Dont need hoppers to work.
Nr.2 Make a lift so i dont have to climb the ladder up and down the whole time. Dont need hoppers to work.
Nr.3 Automatic Furnace. Need hoppers.

You see i didnt pick engineer in the first place to make some Hopper related stuff.

And im sure kainzo will enable them again when its posible to change the amount of item transfers per tick.

As a guy who has played the shit out of engineer I can agree to this. Hoppers would be nice, but not having them is not killing engineers, they are plenty useful.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
just found 56 useless hoppers in herocraft, dont know how the server is still up, tps must be -1.

f6a1702f94.png

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So right now hoppers crafting is disable to avoid the lag they cause.

Suggestion: Once the server is running on the new machine. Allow players to buy hoppers for 50-100c each, and reduce the speed hoppers work, maybe do it so it moves 16 items every time.

I think this is something we want, just make harders to obtain, etc.

Good suggestion

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Also kainzo, if you find a fast way to disable them manually serverwide, for weekends or whenever theres too much lag.

JacobBurkey

Portal

LOOOL

You maybe shouldn't be using engineer if you think the only thing they're useful for is hoppers..