• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HoldMyPie Ban Appeal

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
IGN: HoldMyPie
Banned by: Danda
Time of ban: In the past few hours.
Reason for ban: 'Griefing'

Your story: I am assuming this is for digging into Leeness' region. I feel this ban is unwarranted as I have replaced many of the blocks I placed. I placed a ring at the top of the mountain to try and trap him when he lifted up, then when that didn't work I removed it all. I was very careful about what I touched.
Regarding the house near leeness' region - I broke stone to get in, and I had no stone to get out, nor the materials to make it. That's 4 blocks - entry to the base. Digging around leeness' region, I did not dig that much and what I did, I replaced. I talked to leeness before and offered a 100c payment which I sent to him, and he sent back 70c saying it was unneccesary.
Once again, I do feel this is completely unfair. This is my first offense that could warrant anything near a ban (except for the mute earlier). A 3 day ban for breaking a few blocks, which I offered to pay the person more than what was necessary? I believe that the PE that brought it to the admins attention was made due to my constant harrassing around the region and killing people through the use of TNT.

I honestly cannot believe that breaking a few blocks of stone/cobblestone/dirt and not having the resources to replace them (or to replace them as best as I could) warrants a 3 day ban. I think it's unfair that I once died near the region and the player in question 'lava'd' my deathchest so I could not get to it, nor did he have the intention of getting it himself, resulting in myself having to break a few blocks to get through to it.

The fact that I offered to pay for the damage I caused (which was minimal, mostly to a couple lift signs that were accidentally broken) and that it was accepted, I assumed that the issue was resolved? The only digging I had done recently was around 4 blocks to get into a underground base and a few more dirt/cobblestone around the region.

-I understand griefing - and I see how this could piss some people off (the place around it was griefed horribly already however). But I fail to see how not replace a few blocks could result in a suspension of play time, and that of 3 days. Please, get back to me. I'll be in ts hoping to try to answer any questions/concerns.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 2: Danda I was under the impression we had resolved it internally. I offered him money, he accepted, just not the overly generous amount I sent to him - and said just to be careful next time - WHICH I WAS. The reason (I'm assuming) he/she/they reported me was because I left the stone entrance to the house dirt, which was a very short amount of time ago - within the past 10 hours+the fact I TNT'd [can't remember her name] through a wall. I had to go do some irl work, and then come home for dinner and only got on to find this. Check the logs out in chat from a few days ago between party chat+mail with leeness and I, and you'll see the conversation. That was where I did most of the digging, and he was fine with it after I repaid him money for the damages. After that, I made EXTRA sure I was careful with what I dug out. Today I did alot of work placing and removing blocks (Mainly above the mountain) but it never took away from the look of the place.

I would also like to add that the base in question is underground. This underground base is enclosed naturally by stone. This stone was not placed - is not player made and the entrance I created, was not part of a players structure, but an entrance into the hallway of the structure. The message you sent me was "..for griefing by digging into player structures and not leaving the structure how you found it originally." I dug into no structure - I dug into the entrance to a base? I mined out incredibly slight amounts of the natural environment AROUND the players base in question. The fact that it is underground puts it on a different league to above-ground bases as you MUST dig around to try and find an entrance.

I'd be happy to continue this in ts to make a clearer/better argument if need be. I really do find this ban unjust and I never even received a warning. I will fight this ban as this is completely unfair - and I should not be banned according to the rules of the server - rules which I followed and did not break. Even when it's at the admin discresion, it has to be a suitable reason right? This is completely absurd. Not only did I pay the person for the damages (NOTE: He said he was fine with it and it wouldn't be taken further) but talked to him+her on numerous occasions about this.
-----–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 3: I have a clean sheet, and have always been a good player. It's approaching 1 year play time on this beautiful server and you slap me with this completely stupid ban.
My point is that everything up to the part where I broke 4 stone to get into a base underground had been accounted for and paid for prior. You can't take that and add it on to the things I've already talked to leeness about and paid him for, and call it a ban.
I've had a clean sheet for nearly a year, I'm not going down without a fight for some silly grief that I had no warning, just a straight up 3 day ban. This is completely unjust.

I don't want to be down in the dumps looking on the bright side when I'm innocent. The only thing that I did was dig in the underground looking for an entrance, and only digging slightly + digging into the entrance that literally had to be dug out to get inside, and I replaced it with 4 dirt blocks.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
There were more than 4 blocks left untouched, it is closer to around 40 blocks. Regardless you have had more than 2 days to collect the stone necessary to repair the damage and have made no effort to do so.