• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion /Hire Merc

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Hello everybody! I've been brainstorming on ways to protect one's home/castle without donor perks or township buying. I think ( And I know this is possible because I've seen it) It would be oh so cool to be able to "/Hire" a mob-guard to protect a home. These mob-guards would be similar to LWC's in the fact that you can add people to Not attack, with a command such as "/add (player)". Or a group with "/create group (name) (players)" and "/add group (name)". Also, the mercs should have a weekly tax on them, like a town ship, as well as an initial fee.

Now, to balance this out, I feel it to be necessary to make townships "capturable" In a sense. Give raiders a chance to "capture" a town. Not giving them ownership, but maybe a certain coin amount ect. Perhaps even remove the township tax, and just let mob-guards do all the money draining. Of course this would make most townships build a big bubble to protect themselves In which case you just allow T.N.T in town regions. Not the thread for that though

Not only would these hire-able mobs defend, but it also allows for creativity in defenses, and an even bigger use for redstone traps water ways. And on top of all these great pros (And no cons that I can see) it gives iron,diamond and enchanted gear a much better economy, because giving a skelly-guard full diamond armor is insane.

This would give all those complainers that complain about not enough raiding or PvP or whatever, and small groups or non towns lonewolfs like myself a chance at raiders. As I have said, I see no cons thus far, and it would make a great deal of sense. Please Keep in mind I myself am not an avid PvP'er, nor will I ever really raid a town, the main purpose of my idea is to grant a sole player a chance at being raided or lowering the need for a township and LWC's. And it will be somthing BRAND new to herocraft, something never seen before!

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I like this idea also - i listed some similar (in a sense) ideas in the following thread for some pvp quest ideas: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/new-quest-system-pvp-quest-ideas.43412/

I think ultimately most pvp type players on the server want more interesting ways to attack and defend each others towns. The only way this can work though is if regions are modified in a way to allow attackers some form of access to other towns, while not pissing off too many people with the potential ensuing greifing.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It is possible to hire Sentries - the issue is.... do we want it and how will it affect the latency on the server?

@arcanegrove - if you know a good and easy way to set this up - pm me and we'll go from there.

I know the round about way "how" to do sentry stuff but not sure if you're referring to another plugin or config.