• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

hilarious distortion mod

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
This is a mod that's been in existence for some time now but I just got round to it.
It has no use apart from visually distorting every existing block but in a very clever way. The blocks still touch each other from the sides but you end up with wacky formations and buildings. Screenshots don't do it much justice but here are a few I've just taken:

dis1.png

dis2.png

dis3z.png

But you really ought to look at it in motion. Obviously the effect is even better with colorful, cartoony texture packs.

What I like about it the most is that this makes the environment (and everything else) a lot more varied , believable and fun plus the world doesn't look like as it's been built with a ruler. Try entering a mine for example, you'll be amazed. Definitely worth a try, even if you decide not to keep it.

You can get this mod by visiting Risugami's forum and downloading the Block Distortion Beta 1.2
Just drag&drop the .class file into your minecraft.jar.

ZELLIS

Banned
A mod? This is a serious problem! Don't you see that these are the effects that occur while people are using ores to fuel their habits! These are the effects that the OEA is trying to save people from!

Hiayion

TNT
That's kind of cool. Makes everything kind of creepy. Like, out of a horror movie/game.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Haha, yeah :) Plus, you feel like being in a dungeon crawler or rogue-like game when exploring a mine. Makes for a nice atmosphere.

@Doreagarde you hit the nail on the head! Was familiar to me too but couldn't put my finger on the era/platform where this graphical style dominated.