• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Higher level cap, more skills, new leveling method.

Ultanian

Portal
OK a small post, I would like to state I would like a higher level cap, and with a slightly different skill learning approach. First of all, it seems with battles right now they almost never last long, if a warrior is on you within 10 seconds your dead. If all classes had more HP it would be slightly fairer, making stuns and other debuff skills more useful.

Also, the current method of learning skills is we level up to a certain point and gain a new skill. What I'm proposing be done is when a person levels up a GUI appears with certain items representing skills. Every level or so you could gain skill points to spend on a skill or attribute. To do so they would click on the skill icon they want if they have enough skill points. To add, instead of just skills to learn, perhaps attributes like....

• +5 MP permanently
  • +5 HP permanently
  • Faster Skill cooldowns
  • HP regeneration of 5 HP per second
  • Faster MP regeneration
  • Faster Attack Speed (Haste during Combat)
and so on....

This way not all classes would be the exactly the same, you would have to study your opponent to know what skills they have, instead of using scan and automatically knowing based on the targets level. More skills could be added, so some maxed levels will have different skills then others. If not, then possible upgrading of skills? Every upgrade could either decrease CD, increase effects, or lower MP cost. A little more variety between the same class I think would be more enjoyable, right now leveling feels too linear.

This GUI that could be used is a Double Chest sized, meaning 54 possible feats and skills.

Vynderunel

Obsidian
All I can imagine is greatness, and heart attacks from the balance team... how could someone balance the random choices of everyday people along with the major pvpers and rpgers... I think this would be neat, but... odd.

Ultanian

Portal
All I can imagine is greatness, and heart attacks from the balance team... how could someone balance the random choices of everyday people along with the major pvpers and rpgers... I think this would be neat, but... odd.
How is this odd? Plenty of other games use this Skill Tree method, look at the Tier 3 classes thread. (I just found.)

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
Well this is very creative , BUT it would also need a server reset , because without it , every master would just be full with the skill points .

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I don't think we will be rolling with a skill tree system as this creates an even bigger gap between lower level and higher level players. This will increase the helplessness low level players feel when they're being camped by higher level players.

However we are planning a new method for leveling other than just grinding mobs through a large quest world that will be read only so players are unable to build anywhere on this world. The plan is to have many different story lines as well as small side quests to run every so often for money/exp. There will also be dungeons to explore and solve which will house all kinda of custom mobs as well as traps, puzzles and boss mobs.