• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Heros] price of specing to a pre mastered class

Should the price of specing to a previously mastered class be lowered?

• Total voters

II_Zee_II

Coal
Topic: heros plugin, cost of specing to a previously mastered class.

The price for specing currently to a new or even mastered class is 500 coins. Sure for unlocking a new class to level up 500 coins seems to be a fair price. But specing from one class to a previously mastered class for 500 coins seems to be a bit high. You did master the class and there should be a benefit other then just keepig your level 50. The price for re-specing to that class should be lowered. I was thinking maybe 100 coins to spec to a previously mastered class.

tl;dr: Lower price for going back to a mastered class.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm pretty sure I have an idea of what Kainzo is thinking of this cost. He probably doesn't want people to be constantly respeccing. The high coin price is so you stick out your class and don't switch every couple hours.

Could of been phrased better but I'm playing skyrim atm.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I think 500 may be a bit steep for those that like to switch around. I am only a wizard and probably always will be... but I can sympathize with those of you that like to switch. Perhaps it could be cut in half to 250c that way you feel like you earned something for mastering.

II_Zee_II

Coal
Yes but they have mastered the class. If the price is so high just to change to a class you have already mastered and there for will most likely not be mob hunting or minig they will go through money quickly, just to go to a previously mastered class.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Lowered: yes, 100 coins: no. Maybe 250c or 300c If too low many would switch a lot and use it to their advantage.

II_Zee_II

Coal
Yes but isn't that why someone would master more then one class? So that you have the luxury of switching between the classes you enjoy. For just switching to a class you have already mastered the price is steep.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd say have one free class change per week, but if you want to change aside from that, the full 500c cost should still be used.

II_Zee_II

Coal
Also a good suggestion but even limiting someone to once a week is too much of a restriction. Considering the different aspects and advantages certain classes have but changing within the week at 500c would still be damaging to someone.

II_Zee_II

Coal
What advantage do they have to switching to their previously mastered class at a lower cost? Just because they can do it more often does not, to me, show an advantage.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
What advantage do they have to switching to their previously mastered class at a lower cost? Just because they can do it more often does not, to me show an advanage.

Well they could change depending on the situation. I'm not sure what advantage it gives either. However before it was only 250c to spec, and now it's 500c. There must be a good reason for that.

II_Zee_II

Coal
I feel that this needs to be revisited by the admins unless there are significant advantages that I am not acknowledging.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We have no plan in changing the cost to spec. It isn't a rush to the finish line - you should be making money as you level either by killing mobs / selling gold or selling other materials to shops.

Stimulate the economy

II_Zee_II

Coal
@Kainzo
This isn't about getting to the finish line, this is about being able to return back to a class you have previously mastered, but for a lower price. Specing to a class which you have NOT mastered should stay the same price.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo
This isn't about getting to the finish line, this is about being able to return back to a class you have previously mastered, but for a lower price. Specing to a class which you have NOT mastered should stay the same price.
We're not interested in having players continually and easily going back to a mastered class to do XYZ. It is a design choice on mine and the founder's part.

To be completely frank - we weren't even going to allow switching out of the path you have chosen.

II_Zee_II

Coal
@Kainzo
Yes but what do players really gain from being able to change for a lower price other then more use out of there own mastered classes, and maybe less relying on other people. I understand that you do not want it, just curious as to why.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Look zee, what kain is trying to say is that his (and the founders') original intentions for heroes were that people would choose one class, and that would be their class for herocraft. Consider yourself lucky that you even get to change classes at all. I think its great the way it is.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It lessens the meaning of classes if you can easily / quickly switch. It also hurts the community if you believe you can be self sufficient without any other help from a player. This is a SMP server not SSP - you should depend on your fellow Herocrafter

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Let me put it to this scenario:
You are specced as a ninja, and hop into a town, trying to assassinate a player and maybe steal some items. You pop out of smoke, kill a town member, and suddenly 3 people you didn't know were there jumped out of the town hall to trap and kill you. You, feeling pinned, then switch to Cleric to try to tank you way out of the situation. Say they were all low-ish levels and you defeat them but then someone on a roof starts shooting arrows at you. So you switch to Dragoon and jump up to the roof to kill them.

See the problem? The respeccing system isn't in place to antagonize those who wanted more classes to use, it's to prevent people from switching so fast that all class balance goes *poof*.