• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft's Economy

Lindblum

Legacy Supporter 8
I've always been very fond of the economy in a game. Herocraft has a great economy, but with several fixable flaws. Here are some ideas to help balance The Herocraft's Economy:

1. Fortune enchantments need to be nerfed. A pick with a Fortune III enchantment will get more than 3 diamonds per diamond ore. Getting a stack of diamonds has never been easier.

2. Miner's passive skill "Mining" is too overpowered. The double drop chance is fine, but mining a stone should never drop a gold ore/diamond. I mined a stack of stone blocks and got 1-4 diamonds (layer 1-12)/ 1-4 gold ores (layer 1-24), and it took less than 30 seconds using Efficiency IV Diamond Pick (Lvl 40+ miner). We don't want diamonds' prices to be low in a server, believe me.

3. Voting should give more than 6 coins, imo. I think it should be 20 coins. Say, 3 votes/week. 240 coin per month. This will not only reduce the gap between the poor (non-miner) and the rich (those who mine a lot) but will also help with the very low goods prices. Also, more votes = attract more new players = get a few amazing players = a more Amazing Herocraft.

4. Teleportations should be availabe both for dragongarde and nether. This will not only act as another main "goldsink" for Herocraft, but will also reduce Necromancer's huge monopoly in the Nether. But of course, fees should be high, e.g: 50c (Dragongarde), 300c + 6 Enderpearls or 12 stacks of Redstone (Nether).

Ever since the graveyard was introduced, less people come to spawn, and Dragongarde became less of a "spawn" and more of a Big City. The people who come to The Trade District are those whose marks are in spawn, and wizards. This is why we need purchasable teleportations. To balance this, teleportations can only be done in a Wizard Tower [name can be changed]. Wizard Towers are optional add-ons that can be purchased by a mayor for his/her own town.

5. Lottery prize should be taxed, in my opinion. This will act as another "goldsink". Say, 20% wouldn't hurt. The price of the tickets should be reduced if bought more than one, because not only it will be an incentive for people to buy more tickets, the chance of winning the lottery is actually reduced the more tickets are bought, including yours.

6. Although Kainzo has suggested this, certain professions such as farmers and alchemists should be able to sell their own type of goods. To balance this, Merchants will have a lowered chest shop fee, 25c. There should also be a way to prevent chest shops to be used as an lwc. This is a wonderful idea that will certainly stimulate the already mundane economy.

If you have your own ideas to help create a better economy, please do tell.
Thank You for reading this. Have a great day.

@Kainzo @Apherdite @Brutalacerate @Xanipher @DThielke

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Most of these have been addressed in some way, the lottery is taxed (by 30%) i'll post more on this later.

1) Will probably axe this enchant to fix it

2) The miner has been adjusted as of a few weeks ago

3) Voting will give 10c per vote!

4) Working on the Teleport thing, Wizards can already summon people there and port there freely (mana)

5) 30% cut to the house

6) I think we will do specialized chest shops.

DThielke

Retired Staff
1. and 2. I don't play enough to have actually witnessed these myself, but if these claims are true then I wholeheartedly agree.

3. I'm indifferent towards this suggestion. I don't think it would hurt to up the reward for voting since 6c is extremely negligible in the Herocraft economy. However, I also don't think increasing the reward would do anything to bridge the gap between the rich and poor as everyone can vote. In fact, the richer people are generally the more active players who are more likely to vote on a regular basis already.

4. I have no opinion regarding teleports to other worlds, but I do agree that something should be done to increase traffic in Dragongarde. It definitely doesn't play the role the central city played in previous worlds.

5. I am completely against a tax on the lottery system. The only reason I play at all is that it's a fair game (expectation value = 0). Reducing the price of tickets with quantity purchased doesn't make any sense. While the marginal increase in probability of winning decreases with each ticket purchased, the total probability of winning remains such that the game is fair no matter how many tickets you hold.

6. No comments on this point.