• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft & You

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Let's see... I was whitelisted on my brother's account, Jherriq, December 18th, 2010, although life started getting crazy for me around that time, so only really started playing often January-February.

In this time as Jherriq, I stayed around Sanctum a lot, rarely going out and about. Then, I decided to make an account here, I discovered Skyforge on the Townships thread. I was drawn to it immediately, after all, for an aspiring builder like me, what would be better than a floating city? Anyway, after finally completing the Trial by Fire (ah, so many fire related death messages. :D), I ventured through the Nether, collecting Netherrack for my house. Then, after somehow making it back to Skyforge alive, I made an ugly ( @Domitius was to nice to agree with me on this, however) home, and hid my chests under my plot.

For the most part, as I do know, I just wandered around the city, as I had no real goals at the moment. However, Dom soon started The Academy, one of the first guilds in Herocraft, which is still around today. I started helping make Hogwarts, The Academy's HQ, and made my room there all fancy-like. Then I wandered around there, standing on the roof a lot, killing spiders up there.

Then came the map wipe, and I decided to make my home look... actually good. :p My home became a nice Netherrack Tower with a gate of Iron Blocks in front. Then, I was ready for the map wipe to come.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

At this time, I decided to use my own recently made account, TheMormon for the new map, and became a crafter. I made a nice, quaint cottage to the South, waiting for the KoE to rise again. Then, at the start of August, I went to help found Atlas near Shin Kyoto. Now, I recently chose to /hero reset to follow what I originally wanted to be; a Caster, and then a Geomancer.​

Now, excuse me while I go get some lunch. I'm rather hungry. ;)

EDIT: I should probably post that, although Jherriq is whitelisted, I have never gone on as him this map, and was whitelisted for my brother, who hasn't been interested in Minecraft for many months.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
events, pvp, cool structures.

balance is an issue, as Notch keeps implementing things like sprint, which fundamentally changes classes like monks where movement control and close quarters are big, and food bars, which nerf healers pretty much into oblivion, although not quite.

all in all, HC goes above and beyond MC and does a good job keeping the gameplay fair.

more events, and maybe let us know when one is going to happen beforehand?

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmm, come to think of it, I should also answer the original questions Kain asked. ;)

I came to the server because I liked the idea of magic, an economy, and townships, as well as it looking quite promising and professional.

Meanwhile, I stayed for the community. Though I had no friends from real life or from other servers here, the people of Skyforge welcomed me, and I became friends with a few of them, and in this map I also got to know Kingtom, Dielan, and others from KRS, and other towns' members, all making me feel like something bigger, like I had a new importance, and a more open personality, that I might not have realized for a long time if it hadn't been for this amazing server.

So, really it all comes down to the simplest thing you can say, but has perhaps the most impact than anything else in the English language; Thank you. :)

madsplatter

Diamond
Ah, back around March, early April I was searching for a new server, having gotten Minecraft just a few weeks before, and looking for a more exciting experience than my server I ran from my computer with a few friends could offer. The first thing I remember is being lost in the Sanctum spawn tower, like the total noob I was, then looking out on the city, and thinking, "Holy, crap." :p I think I spent several days merely exploring Sanctum, but soon my attentions were drawn elsewhere by a friend, who found a small server he enjoyed. I stayed there for a fair while, but a couple weeks later, Shadowhand/nub/Sigpit told me about this INCREDIBLE server he played on, and I needed to get whitelisted immediately. When he gave me a link, I was shocked to see I already was whitelisted. I first remember him trying to teach me how to use Herogates, and me being completely confused. I had never known anything more than vanilla Minecraft, and this was all new to me. He first brought me to his town at the time, Rens. I remember looking around and being in awe of the beauty of the town, as I as a builder was still yet to pass the "cobblestone box" stage lmao. But we decided to create a town on the server around April, and so we set out to a remote corner of the map to build our settlement underground, and to mine for gold and what not to provide the money for the city. However, I was quickly disheartened by the lag, and gave up fairly quickly, as the map wipe was coming soon as well.

*paragraph break* In June, Shadowhand told me we were going to make a town on the new map, and my first memory of Spire, "Wait...we have to clear ALL OF THIS!?!" nearly hysterically hahah. Anyway, I remember our tiny shaft that would get raided constantly, all the times I got scammed out of stacks of gold, all the times I got spawn camped consistently, etc. Even when Shadow ended up getting banned for a bit and I took over, I always had a great time. Since then, I suppose Spire has become a little more than that hole in the ground town, we have the full structure up, and I couldn't really be more proud. :p

So after that incredibly long background, what makes me want to log onto Herocraft each day? Just to be able to work on Spire, and then at the end of it all, look back on it and say, "Wow, I did a little bit of that." xD just a great feeling really. Of course, there's also the heroes plugin, and just all my friends I have on the server. Sure, I've probably made loads of enemies, I've tend to find that killing someone as a crafter isn't generally taken lightly. :p but it's always the joy of logging in, and knowing there's always something to do. Explore the map, raid some nubs, mine for XP, search for pumpkins, help my town, etc. At the end of the day, it's just about the fun and the experience Herocraft provides me consistently, day in day out.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Actually I login to get away from stuff around the house, chat with people.

I enjoy designing structures people can use. thats why I started with shops, chatting bartering and building

lately I've lost focus in sales and become more server oriented, even spending my savings on the server rail system 6k to date of my personal fiances. I'm always looking for ways to improve a players experience I have quite a few ideas however anything I make takes months even with help I cant think small.

so minecraft to me is a community of friends, designing, and non stress enviromnet to enjoy too many hrs onine, that could be used more productively

mt51784

Legacy Supporter 4
I enjoy mob hunting/pve and some pvp occasionally as of this moment there is very little fun in the mob hunting department. I would kill to have some form of dungeons in place as there are a lot of plugin's already existing that could be use to facilitate this need. The Herocraft plugin is great but what do you do when you hit 50 grind mining again just for the sake of it or try and hunt players who hide in the no pvp zone's, therefore I would love to see more pve action. What keeps me here is the people the wonderful plugin's and there is nothing better out there from my experience. Also my fiancee has found minecraft actually entertaining since we came to Herocraft so big kudos to you guys for bringing her into the minecraft fold.