• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Wiki - Plans

A

Alente1

Good evening lovely people, you're all obviously aware by now that something loosely termed "HeroWiki" is on the way so I'll just fill you lot in with a bit of rambling before it goes live =)

With the upcoming release of the RPG plugin Kain has decided it would be a good idea to start a Wiki dedicated solely to our server and all the things that make it unique. We will be implementing this project over the coming weeks but we need everyone to pitch in and help us build something great!

The wiki will feature articles from "Heroes" (- our RPG plugin) to cities/towns/empires and everything inbetween. General guides, rules and policies, fun facts will all be featured along with more things than I can list.

Implementation Timeline:

Obviously the wiki will be constantly evolving through Herocraft's development but in the short-term I'm intending to have the wiki online by the end of this week. That is subject to change depending on what happens between now and then with tornadoes chasing some of our staff being particularly troublesome.

Once the system itself is online and configured we will begin laying down the content foundations, at this point at least editing the wiki will be limited to established staff and selected volunteers (feel free to check out this thread if you're interested - experienced wiki editors especially!)

Public editing for whitelisted users will be considered after this initial process.

Also once some forum work has been completed (foreseeable future hopefully) I will be integrating the forum database with the Wiki one meaning people will be able to (required to really) log into the wiki with their forum accounts. They're obviously linked so silliness on the wiki will have user's wiki/forum/game accounts simultaneously sent into the land of lost socks.

I'm more than happy to field any questions you might have and hopefully you guys get as much enjoyment out of this project as we're hoping to.

Later,
-Alente o.o

A

Alente1

Perhaps we will have a contest to design a new one then!

You're so mean to me =(

A

Alente1

Beginning internal testing.

People with experience in layouts and styling are particularly encouraged to contact us ASAP please.

A

Alente1

Apherdite said:
Is your sig two men or two women? lol

The sig is two men o.o

Dielan9999 said:
Josh said:
Beginning internal testing.

People with experience in layouts and styling are particularly encouraged to contact us ASAP please.

That wasn't an answer to Kainzo's question :confused:

If I pretend not to see Kainzo then usually Xani comes and hits him for me =D

A

Alente1

He's already got access :)

I updated the main page btw Brutal, check it out!

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
im also on the wiki team already filled it in with a bunch of class info and hopefully today i can fill in a bunch of information pertaining to the hero plugin

A

Alente1

We're live on the main server now although still under the radar setting up the framework.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Do we have a list of all the topic we are going to cover? That would help a lot. I suggest we make a list on a new thread.

A

Alente1

ForTehZZZ said:
Do we have a list of all the topic we are going to cover? That would help a lot. I suggest we make a list on a new thread.

There's a vague plan forming on the main page although yeah it wouldn't hurt to discuss it and see what we come up with. Been a bit too hectic today to worry about it haha

A forum thread is fine, that or a discussion page on the wiki. I intend to integrate those two things together in the coming days/weeks anyway depending on how things go.

You're welcome to make a thread though if you like and start talking about it, I need to sleep in a second... have to get up early =(

P.S. - This thread might interest you.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Am i allowed to edit the ORE post myself? or do i have to put the info through Gabi or something? If it's possible to edit my own Kingdom's post that would be great