• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Town Template

Nightroado

Obsidian
As some of you know, I am basically just waiting for the day Kainzo announces a new map. I want to pre-design the next town (assuming towns are the same next time) and made a template to help things along. Which I thought would be nice to share in case anyone else had large designs in mind for a town. I've seen someone do something similar in the past on a different server and it worked out great for them.

Sadly, I didn't think about image scaling when I made the pics so just look at the image in a new tab or something. Or don't, it's pretty basic.

tiny.cc/HCTemplate
(Just extract into your saves folder)

2013-03-12_201240_zpsa5375484.png

Levels_zps6c521f54.jpg

Sizes_zpsd389885f.jpg

As anyone could tell, the different sizes are color coded into two alternating colors so you can both tell how big each city upgrade is and to tell where exactly each chunk starts and stops. If someone from the wiki team sees Photo #3, I ask you to consider replacing This with Photo #3 instead. I dunno about anyone else, but I have spent a good deal of time looking at that picture and trying to make out how many chunks there are and where.

The color coded blocks are raised several meters to show when the end of bedrock really is. The space between that grass platform and the 'bedrock' is the distance underground so you can actually design your entire town in advance rather than just what is poking out of the earth. The space above is, you guessed it, the distance from sea level to the top the sky. The bedrock cube around the entire thing makes world editing easier.

That's about it. Hope it helps someone out :)

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I think this should be moved to suggestions as it doesn't really apply to the Creative server.

Nightroado

Obsidian
I wasn't really sure where to post it. Picked here since it is meant to be used in creative mode, but you are right. Does not have anything to do with the creative server itself.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Moved to the Member's subforum.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We have no plans for a new main map - additional maps will come out in the next few months - like forgelight/greyson.

Happy crafting!

Nightroado

Obsidian
Nightroado I think you may have to wait a long time for a new map. Herocraft is trying to make this map last as long as it can.
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/battling-map-decay.24003/

Anyways, Thanks for making this!

We have no plans for a new main map - additional maps will come out in the next few months - like forgelight/greyson.

Happy crafting!

Thanks, but I know the next map is far off. It's just that there are issues with the current setup that have driven me away from the server. I am hopeful that one day they will be fixed and I'll be able to play once more.