• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft - The Change Brought By Time

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
bearcat99 said:
Here is an idea:

What if you charge the 1500c before someone starts to build a town? This way, it limits people creating bad towns and trying to get members and failing.

I second this idea!

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
bearcat99 said:
Here is an idea:

What if you charge the 1500c before someone starts to build a town? This way, it limits people creating bad towns and trying to get members and failing.
Making the initial cost for towns higher will indeed decrease the amount of abandoned towns out there, and we might end up doing it, but our goal is to utterly do away with abandoned towns, and not just to have fewer of them.

Well, maybe a few explorable ruins here and there.

McGreed

TNT
@Ilsyde
Maybe you should have an option to forward the petition to an admin, when its requests is something you can't do anything about, and it will leave an automatic update for the petition to the user, so he knows someone has looked at it and forwarded it to higher powers. So you have default petitions which end up with mods, and then higher petitions which is on the top list for admins.

Regarding towns, I think having quality check before granting an ring would be a good idea, like empire official coming out and cut the red ribbon and grant them their city key (ring). All official towns should have road/minecraft from the empire and a bunch of public buildings such as a bank to be considered for town status, and not just a bunch of mudhuts but actually be worthy for the empire to notice them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ilsyde said:
In defence of mods (in general because I'm sure that Trin and some others already know all this)

It's not that we can't be bothered to spend our time helping you or that we take great pleasure in by wasting both your and our time by talking about a certain problem for several minutes then ending the discussion by asking you to open a petition and leave you at square one - it's because we don't have the tools and means help you.
As an example, when/if I'm able to play in the mornings the only other online staff member is always Raetac (reason: he's and Aussie and I'm from the EU). I log in and BAM! A list of 20 or more petitions, some of them from the previous day or even before that time) and I know for a fact that 90% of them can only be sorted out by admins who won't be on for at least another 6-7 hours. I'm sure that mods from the US time zone are annoyed by this as well - even when the majority of staff is online, mods still prove to be useless.
This is causing grief, agitation and frustration for everyone: The players, because you think we don't give a shit about your problems (not true). Us mods, because we're trying our best to ignore petitions we can't deal with but are repeatedly asked to waste our time by chatting to you then not solving anything. And finally, admins - because we leave them with shitloads of petitions to go through.

I believe that some of these issues exist because most of you don't even know where mod abilites end and admin powers start. That would certainly explain why we are (or I am?) getting spammed, messaged and asked all the time for things we're simply unable to do for you. This has gone on long enough so here is a list:
- fixing Sanctum (creeper explosions etc.)
- reimbursing (items or coins)
- sorting out donor banks
- looking at logs
- making/adjusting town rings
- lighting a fireplace
- changing name tags
- adding abilities (for mayors etc.)
- deleting channels
- bank (though we have Bankers to do this)
- changing the color of your name
- deleting LWC
Probably forgot quite a few but these are the most common. Only admins can deal with any of those.
Please don't get angry at us if you happen to open a petition and none of us responds and you get ignored. It's because we can't help you.

I'll write to you whats possible and what isnt possible:
- fixing Sanctum (creeper explosions etc.) - DOABLE
- reimbursing (items or coins) - NOT DOABLE
- sorting out donor banks - DOABLE
- looking at logs - DOABLE
- making/adjusting town rings - NOT DOABLE
- lighting a fireplace - DOABLE
- changing name tags - NOT DOABLE (only members with FTP access can)
- adding abilities (for mayors etc.) - NOT DOABLE (only members with FTP access can)
- deleting channels - DOABLE
- bank (though we have Bankers to do this) - DOABLE
- changing the color of your name - NOT DOABLE (only members with FTP access can)
- deleting LWC - DOABLE

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
When I was first made a mod, I was told that one of my duties was to be the banker when no other bankers were on. Unfortunately, I had to use my own coin to buy the gold, which I'm okay with, except that I don't usually have a lot of coin on me.