• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Staff Meeting - Monday

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'll be at a work christmas party.......
Hope I don't miss anything too important.

*Depending on the length, I might make it.
Not sure if I'll be home by 8pm, or even close to it. Who knows how many drunk people I'll have to drive home.

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Yea ill try to join if i can get reminded but are there proctor tags or no?
Once the @Admins get around to giving all new staff members their proper perms, you'll be placed in the group.

Also, I will try my very best to attend, but I'll be eating out tonight with family, hope I can get back in time. ;-;

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
MEETING NOTES - Dec 14, 2015

New Staff:
  • New Guides and Proctors recently appointed, planning on appointing new Mods in coming weeks
New servers coming this week:
  • Creative server - to showcase building skills - launching Friday
  • Factions server - reduced moderation, using Factions plugin, running a pared-down version of Heroes (not RPG), just the 4 path classes, perhaps 4 to 5 skills per class, bed spawning (no graveyards), maybe Faction home respawn - intended to attract a new player base, not targeted for the current survival server population - launching Friday or within a couple of Fridays after that
  • Will need staff for those servers, chat moderation, yet to see whether chat will be linked or not with survival
Adventure Map!
  • DevotedWorker promoted to a senior position with Adventure
  • Hoping for closed beta by end December 2015 (I heard end Jan, but it's end Dec that's intended)
  • Significant contributors to the development of Adventure will get Founders Pack, soon to be released
  • Adventure will be rethemed compared to survival - much heavier RPG theme, probably a new website specifically for Adventure down the track
Griefing rules:
  • Rules will be changing, not immediately - to "protect it or lose it"
  • Players encouraged to use the Towny protection system to protect all builds
  • Want low financial barrier to entry, medium upkeep, so only active players will have active protections
  • Needing to get the costs right
Microblocks
  • 5 different packs released each with 5 new microblocks, 5 of each
  • drink, meat, potted plant, bakery and wood furniture decoration packs
  • if you want new blocks, ask Kainzo
Karma system or similar
  • Don't have a good system yet - wanting to incentivize good pvp - meaning equal skill players, matched skills and gear - not experienced players vs noobs
  • Previous karma system was good in underlying principles, but maths needs to be tweaked to encourage the desired results
Arenas
  • Discussion about bringing Arena back in, fairly straightforward
  • Community asking for Arena - place for noobs to practice and gain confidence, particularly if it's with supplied gear
  • Kainzo would like the arenas updated - free schematics available online - if anyone would like to find some and compile them, Kainzo "would be more than happy to steal your work and give you credit"
Trade District, Global Market
  • Want players trading with each other, money flowing through the economy
  • Global market has significant tax now
  • Wanting to make trade district plots cheaper, low (5%) or no tax on chest shops to make them more attractive
  • Might want to move Trade District plots out - where too? elsewhere at Citadel Castle or...
  • Considering ideas for spawning into a floating trade district - Players can buy plots that are simple squares and build own structures - less rpg, intention is to increase visibility of player shops - 3-4 blocks between shops (Dragonguarde TD mentioned as a good design) - perhaps access via portal at spawn
  • Maybe move Global Market there too
  • Concept of Hall of Heroes - trade market is center-point, surrounding areas are prime real estate
  • Looking for player input on locations, styles, pricing (something about WitchOnaRampage being involved here)
Tier 7 dungeon
  • Still some way off
  • Will be pvp-off because it is intended for groups of 5 to 10 players, too challenging to have hard bosses plus pvp-on; perhaps also for events
  • Will have ultrabosses; bosses from lower dungeons will in effect be the minions; not for leveling, more for loot
  • Might need a key to unlock, bosses from t6 dungeons will drop fragments, key applies perms to access t7
Custom Items scripting
  • Moving away from Ecocreatures
  • Might need to add combat catalysts to bosses, relics to elites/minions
  • Opening here for people who want to help, get familiar with scripting

Perboni

Legacy Supporter 2
I have a solution for the trade district that is so ridiculously simple that may work.

People don't want to walk from spawn to the trade district, that's the problem. So why not try to put a non-cost portal or two from spawn to one or two plazas in the Trade District?

I know its kind of weird a portal for such short distance, but I believe this simple non-brainer implementation would change the use of the area.

Also it would be nice to lower some costs, as mentioned.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
I have a solution for the trade district that is so ridiculously simple that may work.

People don't want to walk from spawn to the trade district, that's the problem. So why not try to put a non-cost portal or two from spawn to one or two plazas in the Trade District?

I know its kind of weird a portal for such short distance, but I believe this simple non-brainer implementation would change the use of the area.

Also it would be nice to lower some costs, as mentioned.
Cool suggestion! One problem... it needs to go to hc.to/suggestions. :)