• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Olympic Planning!

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
[align=center][size=large]Herocraft Olympics![/align][/size]

Inspired from a post by xpeterc1 I wish to formally introduce Herocraft Olympics into the list of events offered in Herocraft.

Right now it is in planning and no Announced date for the first meet-up. But the current grounds will be open for practice When they are erected. I will start this production post-haste and if anyone feels like lending a hand please contact me In Game!
[align=center]Events[/align]

The current events and descriptions planned are listed below:
  1. Archery
    Targets at varying distances, Closer you are to bulls-eye the better the score!
  2. Jousting
    Two tracks side by side with players being spun around. The goal is for one player to a) Destroy the opponents minecart minecart or b) Kill the opposing player
  3. Obstacle Course
    An obstacle course that you must get across! If you fall you must run back to the start line and try again!
  4. Connect Four
    A classic brain game played with sand and gravel until someone connects four in a row!
  5. Spleef!
    The oldest and most time honoured sport in Minecraft. Will be played with dirt and diamond shovels to emulate the games of old. Will be played in teams and single. Get your spleef on!
Proposed Events

Elevated Fighting! A bunch of elevated 1x1 stacks where one or more players must try an become the last one standing. Or old gladiator show style where one must jump across while two players try and knock the player off. Ideas?

Swimming! While could be boring there has to be a way to spice up swimming to make it a sport. Maybe double lanes with turns to slow people down if they are not careful? Ideas please!

Boat racing, like swimming could be monotone and with how finicky they stay together/fall apart could be a problem. Maybe have each person have 3 boats and must navigate at least 95% of it by boat? The 95% is to stop people from just getting out of their boat and swimming a length, replacing a boat, and then them saying "I needed a good spot"
Ideas?

Ice Sculpting? Could be interesting to give teams a set space to make an ice sculpture with judges. I want to avoid judging contests as much as possible because of prejudices though, but could be neat to have something along those lines. Ideas?

[align=center][size=large]How to Enter[/size][/align]

Currently the rules are you MUST be part of a town to participate. Otherwise you can have as many people from one town compete as possible! When it comes to team sports though you must nominate whoever many players are needed for that sport. EX: 5 player team spleef only 5 people from that town can compete. For individual sports though you can have as many as you want :D

Also you will need to post a Hero Application on this thread in the following format.

In game name:
Sports I am competing in:
Timezone:
How active I am:

Rewards are to be decided soon!
[align=center]Brainstorming Section[/align]

With how many sports there could be I was wondering if maybe some towns could host some of the sports by building arenas for one or two? Would be a great way to promote your town and show off your hardwork! Your town must be at least a City though!

Please post any comments, ideas, excitement, or what-not here! I read everything and will always respond![size=small]

(Disclaimer: Anything and everything is subject to change at any moment.)[/size]

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Now Boat jousting sounds really fun!
Iron Henry challenge (hes the guy from stories who used two hammers to dig a tunnel through the mount for the train tracks)?

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Newerth has a spleef aerna and connect-4.

However......

we also have a checker board for checkers.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
To place what I said in IRC,
To make a Spleef arena with what we have already,
You can make a bridge wired to redstone (since there is more than one bridge being used)
Once the round is over you can reset the area using the button to reform the bridge/spleef area,

Unless Kainzo lets snow be used as bridges this would be the best since snow is the easiest to destroy with shovel.
I choose glass since it is already in place and that it's easy to break with hand/fist.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
If you do need help I will be available most of the time since I am done with my towns' redstone projects atm. I work mostly with Redstone. So the target for archery i already have some idea how it works since I did some test for how it would work.
To share this:
If you shoot painting with Arrows or snowballs they drop and if I wire up some pressure plates, we could see from far away who got their target first.
And thank you for putting some credit on the top :) :)

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
I always give credit where credit is due! ;D

Great find peter o-o I was trying to figure out an archery range where lag won't make a difference and that is quite possibly the best one. Now the only limitation is making sure people only take one shot at it per round. The only downside to archery is soon only a few classes will be able to use bows. So if there is a noticeably large base of bow users when the Olympic starts this will be successful.

I did some testing the other day and found out while I can break my own minecart I can't break my boat. Therefore Boat Jousting is definitely a big possibility.

The Iron Henry sounds really good, I will need to find a few testers to try it out though and see if there is a noticeable winner or everyone ends at the same time.

I will start the first round in a couple weeks ETA to make sure we have the arenas/locations set up.

Should we do all the activities at once or spread them out over a few hours?

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Well it could be a triathlon sort of thing or more like the Olympic where different people try for the diff events.
I don't know how the ranking will work overall or just for that event.
For the other events we may have orient around classes.
You might have to spread them over an hour time since I am sure people will watch and root for the town/friends.
We should really try to get people to watch :)