• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Herocraft future?

Plagiarizing

Stone
I'm kind of curious to see what the future of HC holds I've been seeing alot of mentioned things "EasyCraft" etc. and if we are being real box towns aren't the only factor in making HC easy. LWC as a whole makes the server easy as you dont even need a town to have your items protected. In my personal opinion the server seems very softcore right now. There is no real threat you have a 15 minute deathbox upon death which if we are being honest just causes a player to have to sit on your body for 15 minutes rather than killing you and continuing their progression I think the deathbox time should be reduced some. Players dying to mobs or to falling in lava just flat out don't know minecraft 101 "I even died to creepers a few times while grinding but it was hordes of mobs not just a few" I think LWC serves no purpose if players just starting need to store certain things until they have developed a town there is a public enderchest in spawn. I wish there was more on the staff team to help develop more and with that said I know i may have mentioned these things a lot but this will more than likely be one of the final suggestion threads I have.

(I know things are out of reach currently which makes me ask will herocraft really be ready by october 1st? A bad launch is a bad impression and could cause a massive flop possibly one hard to come back from)

Goals id like to see achieved prior to release(Some may be out of reach but from a players stand point I have no purpose to log on beta anymore unless there are updates, i've hit max level and the mob grinding rn is far to tedious for me to want to continue leveling any other class it's like watching paint dry)
-Balancing & more exciting spells & playstyles within each class(currently feels like theres a few amazing classes and the others are a worse version of that class leaving no real reason to play some of the classes)HOWEVER YOU GUYS ARE IMPROVING THEM AND THEY ARE LOOKING GOOD SO GOODJOB!!!
-Bug fixing / exploit fixing
-Incentives (PVP rewards, PVE rewards(once you hit 50 whats the purpose of continuing to kill mobs for the pvers on the server? add one this is what made the souls on the server great, this is what makes custom items great), Incentives for players who like to build)
ENDGAME CONTENT!!!!!!- You need the players that have achieved max level on a class they enjoy to have a reason to log in every day give them something to do!
Arenas-"1v1, 2v2, 3v3" WITH REWARDS A RANK AND INCENTIVES FOR ACHIEVING SAID RANK!!!
Dungeons- I'm sorry but i wish i could name all the people asking about dungeons nobody wants to wilderness grind to max level. Not only does dungeons add a more exciting form of leveling, gaining loot, and add endgame content but it allows for people to band together and form communities and relationships with players that they do dungeons with.
Economy- Tradepacks are cool but it seems like some people aren't all that interested in only doing tradepacks for money it'd be nice to have another way of getting money other than mining and tradepacks
Town sieging- Ways to siege enemies youre at war with for their items
Stop disabling certain minecraft features- Disabling things like horse riding for example just makes it feel like we are playing an old version of minecraft.. Not only does it remove things for us to do but it just takes away from the feel for the actual game a vast majority of people that play HC don't want to sit there and mine all day the players you see online doing that are the only players online because of the reason that currently on HC all you can do is mine or 1v1 on the test server.

I'm going to throw out random ideas for dungeons because you don't need 50 of them for the server to have content early on people can replay certain dungeons for a while before they grow old.

Level 15-30 Dungeon - "Recommended 3+ players" Rewards= EXP, Loot, Chance of Rare items, coins, and a large sum of experience for every player if fully completed
Level 30-40 Dungeon - "Recommended 3+ Players" Rewards= EXP, Loot, Chance of Rare items, coins, and a large sum of experience for every player if fully completed
Level 40-49 Dungeon - "Recommended 3+ Players" Rewards= EXP, Loot, Chance of Rare items, coins, and a large sum of experience for every player if fully completed
Level 50 Dungeon - "Recommended 5+ Players" Rewards = High chance of rare loot, alot of coins, chance of extremely rare loot

Open world dungeons(non-instance), progressive raids

I hope none of this came off the wrong way you guys are doing great with progressing the server I know it's just the beta I know theres a small staff team currently, and i'm aware that all of this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I want to play HC however i'm tired of seeing people afking in their towns, im tired of spamming 1v1s with the same people on test server, I want something to do. I was so excited when I seen conquests however they get capped to quickly for me to have a chance to defend the points and vice-versa. Ideas can be suggested but its the execution of the ideas that make it a great idea. Nobody is currently touching the conquest points because once youre max leveled theres no reason to cap them anymore, fix that the exp boost is a great addition to them however conquest points are meant for pvp so it makes little sense to why a pvp feature is meant to be captured to help level generally before pvping you want to achieve max level but its possible at lower levels, reward the max level players for capping these points aswell. Anywho i'm done with the suggestions for a little bit hope to see some more updates the class update will be great once the bugs are fixed etc.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Herocraft will focus on rewarding, hardcore style gameplay, but that doesnt mean sailing its playerbase down the river if they dont want to engage in PVP.

We're shooting for Oct 1st, if we need to push back, we will. There's a lot of things that are being worked on and fixed. Things that took years to develop.

Herocraft is being released in STAGES. So what you see in Oct 1st release, will be Season 1. Each season will add to the feature-set of Herocraft.

1) Balancing and class revamps are coming when the design and coding happens
2) We've been hitting a ton of bugs/exploits and this will be a continous process.
3) Incentives for PVP is something we are wanting, its going to be town vs town warfare mostly where the incentives will be, I'd love to have suggestions on this that won't upset the gameplay too drastically. I really want towns to expand massively in areas that arent just BOXES. IE, a town could claim an entire region of the map if they are large enough
4) End Game content - Would love to see more suggestions on this, so far we're doing Dungeons and crafting gear for randomized better loot, as well as infinite leveling for more stats
5) Arenas - planned for a future season
6) Dungeons - as stated above, its coming, planned for Season 2
7) Trade Packs - we're going to be tying this into capture points and town upgrades, as well as some gear crafts (Season2+)
8) Town Sieges - this is something we want to enable with a cost and a certain time frame / warmup. We need more developers!
9) Vanilla Features - it is our goal to not disable the majority of features and to allow players to use them and to add to minecraft with professions/classes.

Plagiarizing

Stone
Herocraft will focus on rewarding, hardcore style gameplay, but that doesnt mean sailing its playerbase down the river if they dont want to engage in PVP.

We're shooting for Oct 1st, if we need to push back, we will. There's a lot of things that are being worked on and fixed. Things that took years to develop.

Herocraft is being released in STAGES. So what you see in Oct 1st release, will be Season 1. Each season will add to the feature-set of Herocraft.

1) Balancing and class revamps are coming when the design and coding happens
2) We've been hitting a ton of bugs/exploits and this will be a continous process.
3) Incentives for PVP is something we are wanting, its going to be town vs town warfare mostly where the incentives will be, I'd love to have suggestions on this that won't upset the gameplay too drastically. I really want towns to expand massively in areas that arent just BOXES. IE, a town could claim an entire region of the map if they are large enough
4) End Game content - Would love to see more suggestions on this, so far we're doing Dungeons and crafting gear for randomized better loot, as well as infinite leveling for more stats
5) Arenas - planned for a future season
6) Dungeons - as stated above, its coming, planned for Season 2
7) Trade Packs - we're going to be tying this into capture points and town upgrades, as well as some gear crafts (Season2+)
8) Town Sieges - this is something we want to enable with a cost and a certain time frame / warmup. We need more developers!
9) Vanilla Features - it is our goal to not disable the majority of features and to allow players to use them and to add to minecraft with professions/classes.

I like the town v town warfare i'm sure that will be greatly implied once some sort of sieging comes a long maybe even before. And yeah im kinda amazed that i'm the only one that is still driving on the end game content idea because I think that's what adds longevity I was just putting in another post that if you guys had more content people would want to build something other than a box because nobodies going to want to invest months of time gathering and building a massive work of art if they don't think they see themselves playing the server for long. Content = Longevity it will keep the playerbase busy. My best advice for thoughts on endgame content is looking at what other games have done, they have great PVE or great PVP and the incentive usually being gear progression, but with that said making something a tedious grind to get that goal will stray people away from wanting to do it. End game is meant to be fun & challenging & rewarding IMO. I'm sure there's lots of plugins already out for minecraft that would be a great baseline for you guys to start with or build off of. Adding strong gear is almost always going to be a guarrentee to spark a person's interest or even if you could get some sort of EXP item like Souls but stack them up switch over to an alt class and power level it would be another great incentive, titles, cosmetics, I mean the rewards and possibilities are literally endless I truely believe you get out what you put in, if you make great content people will be obsessed it'll be hard work and probably take another person or two that are really invested in wanting to see the server strive for these things to be a possibility within the next month but it is possible. I've seen the craziest MC servers with the craziest features PVE wise however it doesnt have that HC feel. HC has always been that Level up then go out and pummel people in the open world and take their loot. It's fun it's rewarding and adds that sense of danger when you leave the town because you know in the back of your mind the fight could go the wrong way and you could lose everything.

I'll say that engineer is a heavily underrated profession, I think. I'm not sure how much freedom and control over redstone the profession gives you, but I only need say a few things: redstoners and townmaking. That's a lot of potential and implication right there

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
As far as LWC's are concerned they will be greatly reduced on live and cost way more. Engineer is by far the most useful in terms of fulfilling the needs of a town.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I think if we go back to expensive LWC's which I'm all for, there needs to be a method for solo players to protect themselves. Historically and I am absolutely guilty of this, a lot of new players join maybe they aren't as social or they aren't committed enough to the server yet to type in o chat and find a town. That cannot protect their stuff, they get ganked and lose their stuff and boom we lose a prospective player for good. I don't know what the best solution is because cheap LWC's means veteran players abusing them but I think there's a solution to this issue that the server has never explored previously.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
LWCs have been used as a money sink forever, but there are other ways to help new players, such as (brainstorming out loud)
  • players who have not yet either maxed crafter or hit lvl 20 in their combat class are given one free LWC. They can only have one.
  • They are free to reassign this LWC at will (allows for the re-homing most players do early on).
  • once they cross either of those thresholds, standard lwc costs, maximum limits, and rental fees are implemented.
  • basing this on permissions prevents veteran players from resetting their hero status to get free LWCs [I think] (hero reset removes all existing LWCs with no refund. Resetting combat class only won't matter because they still will likely have crafter maxed at that point)

the future is solar
the future is psychedelics
the future is artificial intelligence
the future is charitable efforts
the future is bitcoin, bitcoin will become more scarce and eventually reach is cap. When more silk road type sites get shut down demand will increase. I highly recommend investing in bitcoin, taking discounts on donor tiers/microtransactions (50%) and offering a cryptocurrency rebate on all purchases of 10%.
I also recommend investing in psychedelic stocks such as Compass Pathways, Mind Medicine, and Cybin. Numiness Wellness and Field Trip.
i recommend herocraft turn itself into a charity giving at least half of it's profits to a good cause.
turn herocraft carbon positive, encourage diversity

Last edited:

Plagiarizing

Stone
As for the end game content ideas, kind of a branch off but I just had made a post that PVP makes up a large part of most of the larger MMOs end game once balanced it's kind of easy to deal with as you can just add new classes balance them with the meta then rinse and repeat for content. So i've stated arenas and whatever. Wargames would be cool too however I think it's going to be too much to ask for anytime soon. I think killing players should reward money and a bankable experience option like the old soul system I think however there should be auto bounties aswell making a player worth more money and experience. But make it so if you do enough arenas or whatever you can bank this experience and switch to an Alt class and use the experience to level it, this would be a great incentive to PVP more. If we're being honest here PVP is easier to deal with than making dungeons and all of that HC will always be a PVP server so I do believe it should be focused on a little bit more than what it has been. Also if you reduced time of angelchest to like 5-10 minutes over 15 and reduced the cost of lapis to enchant that would add more incentive towards PVP as people will have more enchanted items. Im not saying make god armor/picks/weps obtainable in 15 minutes but the current lapis block requirement is out of this world. Maybe add more things you can buy/sell in spawn other than gold, make it so you can sell iron aswell, food, other things crops so farmers more viable option for people still not a big fan of the current professions system, the playerbase currently is so small that it's frusterating to need to group with people when there isnt many people to group with.

On a side note(tldr kinda)
-All of the support classes other than monk are generally extremely weak blood mage is mediocre and druid & Disciple or cleric whatever it's called is pretty terrible ATM.
-Potions will make a great impact on the PVP environment JS support classes need to be able to do more than what theyre currently capable of right now it makes more sense to run the burstiest class and just pummel your enemies down ASAP than to run something to try to withstand their damage ASIDE FROM MONK & BARD, Bard still lacks healing potential as the heals is so small it doesn't really effect a fight however the damage and speed boost and silence is great.
-Professions need to be changed it makes no sense how theyre currently set up for a community this small when a new player joins and finds out they can't do hardly anything on their own such as enchant, farm, breed animals, make potions(once nether is open), repair armor, use redstone things theyre not going to want to stay this takes away from the actual games content and RN HC feels like a SMP with less content than the original game. HC used to feel like an enhanced version of Minecraft can we please get that back...
-People are so limited to what they can currently do it takes fun out of the game people don't want to feel forced to play with a town some people want to start that town without being at a disadvantage in every aspect.
Classes- Won't dive that much into this as ive stated my opinion too many times but you have so many cool class concepts that are poorly executed lets take necromancer for example a class made to withstand it's opponents and rot them down however has no utility or surviability to actually withstand any opponent i feel like fighting a necromancer is very standard, hold W key and click and they die. When creating a class these things need to be taken into consideration Adding one more burst spell other than bonespear and maybe a small slow with another form of healing and less cast time on this class would make it a huge favorite to many people. Classes need to be tuned correctly to be fun. Nobody wants to play a class where you have to find an advantage to outplay every single class and even then youre still at a disadvantage if you don't play it textbook perfectly that isn't fun and most people will get stomped out 5-6 times then never touch the class again.

As for the end game content ideas, kind of a branch off but I just had made a post that PVP makes up a large part of most of the larger MMOs end game once balanced it's kind of easy to deal with as you can just add new classes balance them with the meta then rinse and repeat for content. So i've stated arenas and whatever. Wargames would be cool too however I think it's going to be too much to ask for anytime soon. I think killing players should reward money and a bankable experience option like the old soul system I think however there should be auto bounties aswell making a player worth more money and experience. But make it so if you do enough arenas or whatever you can bank this experience and switch to an Alt class and use the experience to level it, this would be a great incentive to PVP more. If we're being honest here PVP is easier to deal with than making dungeons and all of that HC will always be a PVP server so I do believe it should be focused on a little bit more than what it has been. Also if you reduced time of angelchest to like 5-10 minutes over 15 and reduced the cost of lapis to enchant that would add more incentive towards PVP as people will have more enchanted items. Im not saying make god armor/picks/weps obtainable in 15 minutes but the current lapis block requirement is out of this world. Maybe add more things you can buy/sell in spawn other than gold, make it so you can sell iron aswell, food, other things crops so farmers more viable option for people still not a big fan of the current professions system, the playerbase currently is so small that it's frusterating to need to group with people when there isnt many people to group with.

On a side note(tldr kinda)
-All of the support classes other than monk are generally extremely weak blood mage is mediocre and druid & Disciple or cleric whatever it's called is pretty terrible ATM.
-Potions will make a great impact on the PVP environment JS support classes need to be able to do more than what theyre currently capable of right now it makes more sense to run the burstiest class and just pummel your enemies down ASAP than to run something to try to withstand their damage ASIDE FROM MONK & BARD, Bard still lacks healing potential as the heals is so small it doesn't really effect a fight however the damage and speed boost and silence is great.
-Professions need to be changed it makes no sense how theyre currently set up for a community this small when a new player joins and finds out they can't do hardly anything on their own such as enchant, farm, breed animals, make potions(once nether is open), repair armor, use redstone things theyre not going to want to stay this takes away from the actual games content and RN HC feels like a SMP with less content than the original game. HC used to feel like an enhanced version of Minecraft can we please get that back...
-People are so limited to what they can currently do it takes fun out of the game people don't want to feel forced to play with a town some people want to start that town without being at a disadvantage in every aspect.
Classes- Won't dive that much into this as ive stated my opinion too many times but you have so many cool class concepts that are poorly executed lets take necromancer for example a class made to withstand it's opponents and rot them down however has no utility or surviability to actually withstand any opponent i feel like fighting a necromancer is very standard, hold W key and click and they die. When creating a class these things need to be taken into consideration Adding one more burst spell other than bonespear and maybe a small slow with another form of healing and less cast time on this class would make it a huge favorite to many people. Classes need to be tuned correctly to be fun. Nobody wants to play a class where you have to find an advantage to outplay every single class and even then youre still at a disadvantage if you don't play it textbook perfectly that isn't fun and most people will get stomped out 5-6 times then never touch the class again.

Honestly, in that second paragraph, I disagree with everything except that last sentence.

"Nobody wants to play a class where you have to find an advantage to outplay every single class and even then youre still at a disadvantage if you don't play it textbook perfectly that isn't fun and most people will get stomped out 5-6 times then never touch the class again."

I can agree with this, and although I wouldn't say that's 100% how it is at the moment, class balance as it is right now is kinda close to that description.

monk is an example of class that is good against nearly all, same for shadowknight. now dragoon for example, different story. Match dragoon up against those two, drag likely wont win. druid is druid, let the 'weird' people play druid. the people who played druid were generally not pvpers anyway, i do have yet to play druid. bard has always been a group pvp support class, not really a strong class alone imo. i have yet to touch pyro, beguiler. I did think bloodmage was interesting. bloodmages toolkit is aim and use skills, easily targetable ones. siphonblood and combustblood are very easy to use, i imagine bloodmage is strong in teamfights.

what is the status of balance team admins?
balance is arguably in the top 3 of importance.
is it coders that is the bottleneck for balance?

i also think theres value in letting the best pvpers run balance, the best pvpers have better knowledge, technical experience evidently of classes than most.
i never understood why people on balance/staff werent the kinds of people you would never see dominating pvp or actually playing the game.
there was staff that don't really play, but are just forum/chat goblin moderators.

i miss c12, wish he ran balance again. he should be offered balance since he was banned wrongly.

'big picture' true yet ironic

weekly balance notes.
shizz was a good pvper and him and c12 him and the tc did balancing.

Plagiarizing

Stone
Honestly, in that second paragraph, I disagree with everything except that last sentence.

"Nobody wants to play a class where you have to find an advantage to outplay every single class and even then youre still at a disadvantage if you don't play it textbook perfectly that isn't fun and most people will get stomped out 5-6 times then never touch the class again."

I can agree with this, and although I wouldn't say that's 100% how it is at the moment, class balance as it is right now is kinda close to that description.
Can i hear the disagreements? I'm pretty certain most of what I said is true but would like to see another side to it tbh, maybe makes me think differently. Potions will make a great impact on PVP, you have the ability to heal use speed pots weakness heal pots etc. That will make a great impact pure healers will be more useless than they currently are. Professions are whack because it relys on you to stray from playing solo and takes content out of the game, Name a viable support other than monk, lets note monk is only viable because it does dmg and has balance. Angelchests is ridiculous IMO definitely has an EasyCraft feel but it's cool if you die to mobs or lava or whatever so keep it for the less hardcore players that will cry. I want to hear the outside arguements honestly, thats why i posted it.

Plagiarizing

Stone
i also think theres value in letting the best pvpers run balance, the best pvpers have better knowledge, technical experience evidently of classes than most.
i never understood why people on balance/staff werent the kinds of people you would never see dominating pvp or actually playing the game.
there was staff that don't really play, but are just forum/chat goblin moderators.

i miss c12, wish he ran balance again. he should be offered balance since he was banned wrongly.

weekly balance notes.

Wish i could hold this post right here in front of people's faces I think at a minimum seeing some our suggestions in play would be nice. Everything seems so rushed and poorly executed right now so it turns out terrible then people get bored of it and quit. People want content and they want to see changes during beta not 2 skills added to each class that have 0 cooldown makes no sense and makes testing impossible then on top of it it never even got fixed and adjusted into the live server.. I'd like to know aswell what the progress is on this we seem to be getting no announcements or updates on what's actually happening with the server and it's kind of frusterating. If I ask questions to a mod or something they even tell me they don't know. Last thing I heard was "Finding bugs in beta has been an overwhelming success" But what is the status on fixing the bugs and what is the status on other content. I think a majority of the community has also suggested something about the economy system with tradepacks and they don't like it is anything being done with that? If so what is the status. HC has very little content to offer right now and it's very frusterating to keep waiting and waiting and now we're 2 weeks away from what's supposed to be the release and haven't heard anything.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

weekly balance notes.
This is a ridiculous post and you know it's a ridiculous one lol. You keep mentioning a history of corruption between staff and TC but want ONE pvp town, was tied to corruption AND hasn't been active in a minimum of 7 years now to run the show? None of them have even logged in or shown interest in playing the server.

Also Irish and the people that did work on balance in reborn and a few maps over the years did play the game and were the ones pvp'ing, they did a pretty good job in my opinion and I thank them for it. The whole who is "dominating" at pvp arguments are ridiculous and would change wildly when we take hacking out of the equation and people have an honest unbiased discussion about it which I think is impossible when discussing group pvp in the past if we pulled up ban appeals, old hacking reports and referencing confessions from people after they quit the server.

Last edited:
This is a ridiculous post and you know it's a ridiculous one lol. You keep mentioning a history of corruption between staff and TC but want ONE pvp town, was tied to corruption AND hasn't been active in a minimum of 7 years now to run the show? None of them have even logged in or shown interest in playing the server.

Irish and the people that did work on balance in reborn and a few maps over the years did play the game and were the ones pvp'ing, they did a pretty good job in my opinion and I thank them for it. The whole who is "dominating" at pvp arguments are ridiculous and would change wildly when we take hacking out of the equation and people have an honest unbiased discussion about it which I think is impossible when discussing group pvp in the past if we pulled up ban appeals, old hacking reports and referencing confessions from people after they quit the server.

i seldom answer criticisms these days. If i did for everyone I wouldn't have enough time for constructive work.
however, since I know you are a man of sincerity, I will answer in what I hope to be a respectful response.
you read into it too much. definitely not saying 1 town for balance. we already talked about who was hacking and yeah, i agree with you they really dont matter. it's not about dominate groups, but about people who walk the walk and talk the talk. People who's opinions evidently have more weight to back them(experience, mastery, and success). too much talking is the message. we all have seen who has been on the beta and who hasnt. we have seen the developments in beta that are there and that arent there. these hacking reports are a great reference, because i dont remember a lot of punishments for hacking reports, but i do remember making them. i do remember delf criticizing the lack of anticheat once put onto staff.
anyways, the past is also the past. we all reminisence on some of the good things from the past. I just didnt think 8 years later i would look back and realize so much about the nature of things(even the balance team in the past had too much talk, all goblins trying to elevate themselves, but messed things up because they wanted to argue about the sake of things instead of having a good lead like c12 was to make real decisions for the benefit of the whole. upsetting, but funnily enough we still have the same problems. (coding + balancing)
right now what are the problems besides, balancing, lack of coders? I shat on reborn in the past, but wasnt around to give it a real chance. I admit it!
but,
what's being done to get more coders, balancing is what we should talk about and argue about.
that is our bottleneck is it not?
we have people in the community making posts about the desire for the future to be better and their suggestions, but not a lot of answers.
shouldn't be this way but many representatives are no longer here (likely for the same reasons as in the past, work, quitting, or are just gone, or maybe fed up with trying like in reborn.
irish, you, and delta, and mystic have done a great job.
I guess what i should really say is that i hope that you guys get more of the people that walk the walk such as yourselves.