• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Herocraft Armor [When you die you should loose it!]

dast101

Legacy Supporter 3
Just as the title says if you have armor and you die you should loose it just like in bastion. The reason i made this suggestion is because if you are fighting a group of people, and they gtp they are ready to fight you. People can also just run from graveyards and jump right back into fights. I honestly to think this should be removed .
Reply and tell me what you think!
~dast

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I understand what you are saying, but you are looking at it from a pvper's point of view. What of the people who do not want to pvp but are forced into it. I feel this may be where karma could come into play. If you have a low karma score you lose your equipment when you die, if you have a high karma you get to keep it. I personally like keeping my gear since I tend to die a lot (to pvpers) and it allows me to go back to doing what I was doing without recalling and wasting all of my supplies.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think the armor not dropping should stay, but the durability hit may need to increase. In addition, the respawn death penalty (start at low health with health regen) should be made more strict, maybe even give weakness effect for 1-2 minutes that make your attributes 0 or something to make you more or less worthless in a fight. I really think this new system of no drop will be beneficial for everyone when custom items come in.

dast101

Legacy Supporter 3
I understand what you are saying, but you are looking at it from a pvper's point of view. What of the people who do not want to pvp but are forced into it. I feel this may be where karma could come into play. If you have a low karma score you lose your equipment when you die, if you have a high karma you get to keep it. I personally like keeping my gear since I tend to die a lot (to pvpers) and it allows me to go back to doing what I was doing without recalling and wasting all of my supplies.

This isnt a bad idea, but i do believe 80% of the server is pvp of some sort. Although your idea that i read was pretty well understandable and neat, but i believe Bastions sense of armor drop was how haven should be, otherwise everyone is going to have so many items To themselves because it's not being "Traded"

dast101

Legacy Supporter 3
I think the armor not dropping should stay, but the durability hit may need to increase if necessary. In addition, the respawn death penalty (start at low health with health regen) should be made more strict, maybe even give weakness effect for 1-2 minutes that make your attributes 0 or something to make you more or less worthless in a fight. I really think this new system of no drop will be beneficial for everyone when custom items come in.

As long as something happens, we had a situation earlier where this non armor drop thing actually made a side win, from a gtp. It's very aggravating.