• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Angels!!!

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
Your travelling around "Herocraft" admiring the great wonders people have built, the beautiful bioms generated, then you come across a random crappy built house or a grief deserted home, land has been destroyed dug up ripped apart you get the picture.

Well what this server needs are the "Herocraft" angels these selected few will have the job and abilities to travel around "Herocraft" repairing regenerating what once was a beautiful bit of land, reclaiming deserted homes, keeping "Herocraft" tidy and fresh.

Terrain regenerating Abilities:
-Able to use a terrain generator (not sure which one you already use)
-Able to quick travel (Soly to be able to cover the map quicker) Doesn't have to be compulsory.

(Other abilities maybe added)

Reclaiming abilities/Rules
-First bb check to see when the area was last edited
-Second if its over 3-4 weeks (can change as you see fit) then the angel places a sign with HCA (name)
(date reclaimed)
(duration to respond to reclaim) - (1 week)
If the owner does not respond via a /pe or /pm to the reclaimer then the property is destroyed and the area turned back to its greenest.

THIS IS JUST A PITCH

Bonus Idea:

One day minerals will become scares on the server and people then will want a wipe or something. Why not create at the maps edge 2 zones one say north and the other south or if you wanted you could do all 4. Now these zones would be say called "The rich Zones" or what ever you like, basically these zones are regenerated regularly from ground to bedrock, minerals everything re generated. You can not build here its soly a mineral collecting zone and of course its PvP.

Shenorai

Banned
In other words, if one of these supposed "angels" finds the home of someone they dislike, they can use the generators to build a mountain of bedrock where the house used to be. Then teleport away before anyone else can see what happened.

What a great idea. [/sarcasm]

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
Shenorai said:
In other words, if one of these supposed "angels" finds the home of someone they dislike, they can use the generators to build a mountain of bedrock where the house used to be. Then teleport away before anyone else can see what happened.

What a great idea. [/sarcasm]

1 your sarcasm isn't needed take it else were 2, these people would be people that are vets on the server, trusted members, just the same as the mods they are trusted members, the same can be said for mods doing something then tp ing away, and beside if a "Herocraft" angel did that when the person logged on they would say something then it can quiet easily be checked and the culprit punished.

P.s this is a suggestion thread i expect positive and negative feed back not sarcasm so next time if all you got is sarcasm say nothing at all. Thanks. [sarcasm]

IkaosI said:
We will have FFA for resources and resource generation. I already have evidence of admins re-blanketing areas with snow that have long been clean, fixing griefed terrain and rolling back areas or fixing areas where towns and cities used to be. These 'angels' are not needed, and these abilities you want to grant them are on par with those granted to mods. Accidents using them or abuse, like Shen said, would be disastrous.
So, no. Just no. The only angels here are the Herocraft staff.

Thats fair enough, was just thinking of ideas and id sooner post it than not say it and later find it was a good idea lol. And i didn't relies that was what the FFA server was going to be used for.

I think Dan is on to something here. There are alot of eyesores in the wasteland and everytime I walk past one I have to fight the urge to tear down the shitty looking cobble cube that was once used as a shelter half a year ago and never needed since.

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
LOL glad you like the name at least. With things like this being done it keeps the map looking fresh, like giving a wall a lick of paint to freshen it up :icon_lol: And with things like "Voexel-snipe 4.0" that's coming out soon, it will make terraforming so much easier.

I was thinking on what another member said about these "Herocraft Angels" tearing down peoples buildings ect, why not when they place a sign to reclaim it an admin or mod has to come to that location to approve it maybe? Also if someone place was terraformed out of spite can it not be rolled back?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Terraforming is already pretty easy with WorldEdit - Not too big into VoxelSniper or any of their plugins tbh :p

Shenorai

Banned
You've merely neglected human behavior in your suggestion. I'll call things as I see them, often very bluntly. And I see this idea as something that can be abused very quickly if given to members.

As Kainzo pointed out, he (and likely, other staffers) have already been taking care of the lands. If you don't like the blight you see on the land, either take it up with him or take it into your own hands. With as much filler materials (gravel, dirt/sand, etc.) as you think would suit it.

Giving such power to people is risky, as power rushes to the heads of those who wield it very quickly. Shit can be abused in the wrong hands, even if they seem trustworthy at first. Which was the point I was trying to make.

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
Shenorai said:
You've merely neglected human behavior in your suggestion. I'll call things as I see them, often very bluntly. And I see this idea as something that can be abused very quickly if given to members.

As Kainzo pointed out, he (and likely, other staffers) have already been taking care of the lands. If you don't like the blight you see on the land, either take it up with him or take it into your own hands. With as much filler materials (gravel, dirt/sand, etc.) as you think would suit it.

Giving such power to people is risky, as power rushes to the heads of those who wield it very quickly. Shit can be abused in the wrong hands, even if they seem trustworthy at first. Which was the point I was trying to make.

I see your point. I was mearly thinking of a way to ease some of the already hard world that HC staff already put in. At least the idea is out there and if anything is needed like that, id like to think my idea would be taken into consideration :icon_lol:

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
We have some adults on the server that have proven themselves trusty worthy, I think a scaled back version of your idea world work on some level. I imaging the mods and Kainzo will eventually get bored caring for the soil and may create a position of this type.

I LIKE the trees, water, land (Topical layer repair) idea.. to refresh some torn up areas...

I however DO NOT like the idea of any refreshing of any resources. such as flowers, ores, diamonds gold and such, as an intent may be honest but end results can be poor.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I wouldn't mind being able to survey the lands and check when the last time a huge monolith was built etc. and be able to either a) restore it to origianl views or b) tear it down and make the land look natural. Then again, I could always ask admins to do this for me....