• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 3.12 Patch Notes

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The dragon riding system is very much like the Griffin system in WoW. It's a taxi from Point A to Point B - but you look really awesome doing it!

Basically, you have to be at a "Station" to summon your dragon - and then you can choose to go to Point A / Point B. We're going to setup a DragonMount Station in Dragongarde that will allow you to click on the signs to the location you want to go, you will then get on your mount and start flying to the appropriate locations.

Herogates are faster - but less cool - you can also "jump off" your dragon and fall to the ground - could be used for aerialattacks? :p

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
The dragon riding system is very much like the Griffin system in WoW. It's a taxi from Point A to Point B - but you look really awesome doing it!

Basically, you have to be at a "Station" to summon your dragon - and then you can choose to go to Point A / Point B. We're going to setup a DragonMount Station in Dragongarde that will allow you to click on the signs to the location you want to go, you will then get on your mount and start flying to the appropriate locations.

Herogates are faster - but less cool - you can also "jump off" your dragon and fall to the ground - could be used for arial attacks? :p
Holy crap that is awesome. I never thought of the possibility of aerial attacks! Will there be many stations?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

Herogates are faster - but less cool - you can also "jump off" your dragon and fall to the ground - could be used for arial attacks? :p

*Glares* Wyverns! Not those nasty Alliance Griffons.

Who cares about speed when you can look totally awesome! Are the dragons high enough up that people cannot attack you while riding? I can see the plans being made for towers to attack people flying from one point to another lol.

Target practice

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm hoping to have more than a few stations - maybe some at graveyards - you can still get attacked/summoned off dragons, but they fly super high.

Would we be able to have a station at our town? Or if we have a personal region, is that something that is possible? <3

Then again, I guess it would be a lot to ask for to have a "personal" station.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Won't have personal stations unfortunately. You'll have stations at each "nest" so to speak, the main one being at spawn.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Won't have personal stations unfortunately. You'll have stations at each "nest" so to speak, the main one being at spawn.

I realized that was a bit much to ask for. But here is a question, if towns can get to Kingdom in this map, could we have a station at each kingdom? Outside the city of course.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Would it be possible in the future for a large town, like a City or Capitol, to have their own 'nest' should they choose to build one?

EDIT: This should cost some major coin, though :)

If the town I am a part of was able to purchase a station outside of the walls, away from the town a little bit, I would be willing to help donate funds for it.

I understand it would be a huge pain is EVERYONE wanted a station at their town, but maybe if it is large enough something could be purchased.

mdperk2

Legacy Supporter 3
If the town I am a part of was able to purchase a station outside of the walls, away from the town a little bit, I would be willing to help donate funds for it.

I understand it would be a huge pain is EVERYONE wanted a station at their town, but maybe if it is large enough something could be purchased.

Exactly my thoughts. We don't want every little hamlet to have a waypoint, that would just be unnecessary work for admins to implement. I think that only large, established Cities or Capitols may request a waypoint, and only if they build it (so that the admins just have to stick a waypoint and add a sign) and they should also pay a substantial fee

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
There is a mod out where you can mount dragons, after screwing with it, I realized that the dragon travel is going to be BADASS. Obviously this doesn't include the part where I can control the dragon... or breath fire... :)

Ive played on a server where you can fly dragons its pretty cool but i would probably spend my time on HeroCraft