• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft.... 2 years old on Oct. 1st - How should we celebrate?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So... it's not often that you see a game server (let alone a Minecraft server) run for 2 years. I think this is a feat of strength in all senses of the word.

How should we celebrate?
I want to do a one time event to reign in the glorious times of Herocraft, something in game, maybe something on the forums - what do you guys think?

Over the past two years:
We have had an up-time of 98% (This includes all DDOS).
We have purchased three machines, roughly $7.5k in hardware costs.
We've seen 6 maps (Town / Kingdom / Sanctum / Zeal / Dragon / Bastion).
Over 16k people have been whitelisted, more than 1,000,000 views on our site and 750k views on our MCF thread.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Well, we should do something that everyone can participate in, and you shouldn't have to be a high level to do so either, idk what event or thing, but those are some solid req's ;)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Mobs doing 300% their normal damage to tribute HC's hardcoreness ;D

Edit: I won't be there, vacation ;-;

Northac

Obsidian
I like tha siege idea, maybe make it a 1-2 day event so everyone has a chance to participate.
Have it include a horde of mobs (zombies and such) and the players need to to defend the Castle (spawn point) or they can try to hold out on their own.

kinda like a massive dome of death

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
PvP event. Everyone gets randomly teleported to either side of a battlefield then they have to gear up with MA signs with path gear and then try defeat the enemy force. Glass Dome in the sky for recording.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I would vote for a general, all around parté, one that is so epic that explosions (TNT and creepers!) would be involved. Double exp of course, as well!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I would vote for a general, all around parté, one that is so epic that explosions (TNT and creepers!) would be involved. Double exp of course, as well!
Nuuu, Doble exp would be too close to the release of the new map. If there is a doble exp now, everyone and I mean everyone will have specs in profession and combat by the end of that day.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
^ Like a lot that's been mentioned
DoD Week - a week of ongoing DoD's! :)
4x XP month
Snow Wars - A snowball fight gone wrong, giant snow golems start attacking (like DoD).
tomfoolery
cake
melons

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
^ Like a lot that's been mentioned
DoD Week - a week of ongoing DoD's! :)
4x XP month
Snow Wars - A snowball fight gone wrong, giant snow golems start attacking (like DoD).
tomfoolery
cake
melons
4x XP for an ENTIRE MONTH? That idea seriously is the craziest shit i've ever heard. A nice idea if you wanna ruin the purpose of leveling though.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Nuuu, Doble exp would be too close to the release of the new map. If there is a doble exp now, everyone and I mean everyone will have specs in profession and combat by the end of that day.

4x XP for an ENTIRE MONTH? That idea seriously is the craziest shit i've ever heard. A nice idea if you wanna ruin the purpose of leveling though.
I'm getting a feeling you don't like the extra XP idea.. :rolleyes:

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
I don't. People would master too easy.
You make no sense at all you complain about events like DoD and double exp because people would master to easily but at the same time when you get raided by a town like eclipse you say something like: "Wow you proved something from raiding a town full of unspeced people".

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
You make no sense at all you complain about events like DoD and double exp because people would master to easily but at the same time when you get raided by a town like eclipse you say something like: "Wow you proved something from raiding a town full of unspeced people".
Events isn't doble exp. People wants Doble exp with these Events, which would be a crazy combination. Even you should see that.

I respect those that has specced, they've spent time doing it. That's also a reason why doble exp is bad, those that are specced has worked hard for it, now everyone will have free exp for some time and the time the specs used to level would be wasted. However, I don't respect how they brag about killing unspecced people, that's just sad.

I am not a spec, so the doble exp would favour people like myself.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
A Marathon of events running all day non stop, (maybe a little break in between)