• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion HeroCrack (A hero's drug server)

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Herocrack,
This could be a hero's drug server. The aim of a drug server is to grow drugs secretly underground (drugs: wheat, sugar etc.. there is a plugin for it) without getting caught by the police. You need a certain amount of money to rank up and you get the money by selling your made drugs to a shop in the towns.

Towns:
On most drug servers there are towns that you have to unlock to get into (you have to be a certain rank). The higher rank town you get in the more drugs sell for maybe there could be some plots to buy? (drug free obviously).

Police:
The police are hired by the owner/admin of the server and their job is to seek out and find drug farms and raid them (This is why you keep them hidden). The police could jail the people who are caught in possession with drugs for around 5-10 mins. If a farm is raided all drugs will be taken by the police and destroyed.

HC guilds/Heros:
There should be guilds that you can make at a certain rank and the guilds should battle out between each other. Fighting and raiding for drugs. This will bring PvP into the server. Hero's will step in because the police could get crowd control skills and there could be some base specs you can spec into at a certain rank.

If this was to happen i would be happy to help build the towns and anything else that may need building

I think this would be a good idea because it would bring a new database of players into the herocraft realm adding to our already vast community of hero crafters.

Hope you enjoyed reading this suggestion, feel free to post feedback below ^^

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Really cool idea but wouldn't be welcome on the map we have right now it would probably have to be a separate server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't really understand the concept of a prison server - anyone wanna explain?
Why is it enticing/fun? I guess I don't like drugs... but I'm not opposed to running something like this.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I don't really understand the concept of a prison server - anyone wanna explain?
Why is it enticing/fun? I guess I don't like drugs... but I'm not opposed to running something like this.
Well drug servers and prison servers are two different things.
Prison servers your spawned in a prison and you work get logs etc and mine to get your gear. There are different blocks a-d and after D you can become free (Isn't required to do that's how it went when I played). Each block upgrade was safer less pvp etc. there were pvp areas all around the jail however disabled in the mines and tree farms for obvious reasons. You wor k for coin and gear and use the coin to upgrade to a different block for the safer benefits. There were rental plots to have a safe place to store your stuff there was also a bank with upgrades. People applied for guards and in the Blocks they would protect the prisoners from people who want to player kill other prisoners so you have to be careful when doing it because guards had strong weapons. It personally was a lot of fun rogue like kills and banking a ton of stuff and upgrading blocks was awesome.

Now for the drug server

From my experience there it was similar to the prison however you were in an open map and you sold drugs if got caught by guards you would be thrown in jail for a certain amount of time and it had factions drugs were like gold on herocraft they sold for a lot of coins depending on what drug.

Personally I would rather have a Prison server then a drug server if it ever came to be. It was a much more fun experience and easier to maintain ram wise etc. due to it being a smaller map.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
We could get 2 new servers - HeroCrack (Drug server) and HeroJail (Prison Server)

^^
I think it would be a better idea to try having one of the two servers first and see if people start playing on it. Making 2 servers that possibly end up un-used would be a bit wasted.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
A prison server is not a drug server. They are two different things

The prison server is hard to explain but if you like the sound of it from above i could make you a example prison Kainzo so you fully understand it but in short terms a prison server is where you mine/cut tree's in a prison to sell to the 'prison shop' to earn money to rank up. There are also small cells with 1 or 2 chests in to store stuff and even a public enderchest for the newbies. The whole prison would be PvP APART from the mining, woodcutting and other working areas eg. furnace room etc. There is also guards in a prison server that keep the prison under control. They are normally barely killable and to kill them you would need about 10 full diamond guys with OP swords. Guards would have chain armor with full enchants (like protection X, unbreaking X) and a knockback 30 stick to break up fights, golden apples to save themselfs and a OP diamond sword than can kill people quickly. If somone breaks a 'rp' rule or prison rule they are sent to a small, confined area using a command /jail <time>. This is just rollplay wise though and they are not really in trouble. I don't think this was a short explanation but if you need any more explaining or want me to do anything just ask. Ok back on to what i was saying a drug server is not set in a jail, its on a normal map and has towns with shops you can sell your drugs out. You go out into the open world and dig yourself out a little hole underground, from there you plant and harvest your drugs and then go back to the town to sell them.

I hope this makes things clear, if not it may be better to try explain it in teamspeak or something ^^

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
'Why is it fun'​
Prison server:​
you start from scratch and have to build your way up through the diffrent blocks, your main goal to get to freedom. This goal keeps people mining and PvPing to get stuff to sell to the shops and to get exp to enchant armor.​
Drug server:​
Drug servers are fun because of the hype of hiding a base underground and trying to keep under cover from the police that are constantly trying to track bases and raid them. Also the 'drug plugin' makes it so you can use the drugs and gain side effects eg. death, poison, speed, jump boost and all kinds of wacky stuff.​

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I have played both types of servers before, and maytve Heroes could actually work in these. With drug servers, there could be a Police class with stuff like Track, and the class would be given to the polices. Prison one could have something similiar to Paladin as a Guard class.

Multis_Revenge12

A frightening Cactus!
If this does happen, start off small. Only have like 1-3 classes then add to it when you see which way the server is going. Just a idea :rolleyes:

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Well for a prison server it would probably have to stay melee classes like samurai and rogues ya know simple classes. Adding stuff like goon and casters in a prison isn't the best idea for a number of balance reasons xD. Unless there damage was nerfed and there hp was buffed. Prisons I would say aren't the biggest areas for goons and casters and some classes with mobility.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Well for a prison server it would probably have to stay melee classes like samurai and rogues ya know simple classes. Adding stuff like goon and casters in a prison isn't the best idea for a number of balance reasons xD. Unless there damage was nerfed and there hp was buffed. Prisons I would say aren't the biggest areas for goons and casters and some classes with mobility.
As you mentioned Dragoons and Casters, I doubt the current classes on the main HC server should be brought to a possible prison server anyway. More like making simple classes (Guard, Prisoner, etc.) with some skills that they find useful. A possible way to level up the classes would be working on the woodcutting, mining, etc. stuffs.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I love this idea! This sounds like so much fun! It would be cool to have an event server. People are alerted on the forums that this saturday event.hc.to is gonna play drugs server. But as a whole server I think it wouldn't be many players.

Tacticis

Stone
Well drug servers and prison servers are two different things.
Prison servers your spawned in a prison and you work get logs etc and mine to get your gear. There are different blocks a-d and after D you can become free (Isn't required to do that's how it went when I played). Each block upgrade was safer less pvp etc. there were pvp areas all around the jail however disabled in the mines and tree farms for obvious reasons. You wor k for coin and gear and use the coin to upgrade to a different block for the safer benefits. There were rental plots to have a safe place to store your stuff there was also a bank with upgrades. People applied for guards and in the Blocks they would protect the prisoners from people who want to player kill other prisoners so you have to be careful when doing it because guards had strong weapons. It personally was a lot of fun rogue like kills and banking a ton of stuff and upgrading blocks was awesome.

Now for the drug server

From my experience there it was similar to the prison however you were in an open map and you sold drugs if got caught by guards you would be thrown in jail for a certain amount of time and it had factions drugs were like gold on herocraft they sold for a lot of coins depending on what drug.

Personally I would rather have a Prison server then a drug server if it ever came to be. It was a much more fun experience and easier to maintain ram wise etc. due to it being a smaller map.

I had a similar experience on a prison server. The only difference is that it was a prison/drug server. You had to earn money to rank up to the next cell, to freedom, or a different class of guard. Well you could earn money mining or cutting trees. You could keep the materials for your self or use it in the store to buy food or gear. The other way to earn money was drugs (sugar, redstone, sugar cane, etc). If you were caught with drugs you paid a certain amount bases on the amount of drugs. If you murdered, beat, or sold drugs to another inmate you would be given a ticket or downgraded a block. If you murdered or hit a guard there was a fee and a downgrade. You also had to pay money for your cell (protection fees). Failure to pay and the guards would take the protection off of it and other inmates would be free to take your stuff or kill you.
Seeing how people like the idea of the drugs server and the prison server this may be of interest to both parties.
I think it is a good idea and I did enjoy my time playing the game. I would participate in the prison/drug server if made.
Also guards were stronger but also outnumbered, adding a bit of strategy in the mix. I think with heroes added to this would be an even better experience but a lot of balancing would have to be made.