• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Heroconomy

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Crafter specs would then be totally vulnerable out in the wildy (Such as an Enchanter trying to level up to enchant things or a Miner mining stuff) when one of the server's numerous gankers pop up. Any ideas how to balance it, or is this one of those 'deal with it' situations?
If you couldnt play as a Crafter spec and instead chose to fight, you would choose a Combat spec.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
If you couldnt play as a Crafter spec and instead chose to fight, you would choose a Combat spec.
I'm not choosing to fight. I'm choosing a Crafter spec that needs to do stuff in the wildy (Only two professions really NEED this. Enchanters since they need levels to enchant, and Miners because they need to mine. Almost every prof levels from mining, like Merchants, but they can just stay in a safe place and spam fishing). Say I'm a Miner. I'm not fighting, I'm mining. But I'm now more or less defenceless against Combat classes.

So... deal with it? Only go mining with a bodyguard? Don't mine?

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm not choosing to fight. I'm choosing a Crafter spec that needs to do stuff in the wildy (Only two professions really NEED this. Enchanters since they need levels to enchant, and Miners because they need to mine. Almost every prof levels from mining, like Merchants, but they can just stay in a safe place and spam fishing). Say I'm a Miner. I'm not fighting, I'm mining. But I'm now more or less defenceless against Combat classes.

So... deal with it? Only go mining with a bodyguard? Don't mine?
Tbh, when you are mining, you really dont need combat. During Bastion, I can recall only two times of me ever seeing someone while mining, and the first time was when I was a level 2 Warrior at the start of map. And if you tunnel, you wont really meet any mobs.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah it would be better like that EvilThor kirinelf thats the point profesions would be rare.[DOUBLEPOST=1367598825,1367598662][/DOUBLEPOST]Well I didnt really mean what I said. Edited for what I meant.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Yeah it would be better like that EvilThor kirinelf thats the point profesions would be rare.[DOUBLEPOST=1367598825,1367598662][/DOUBLEPOST]Well I didnt really mean what I said. Edited for what I meant.
I don't see how this is going to make professions rare. It's definitely a money sink though. The rich people can just switch to a profession, do what they want, then switch back to their main combat class. Considering the amount of people out there who've already mastered the profs, this won't change much except make a money sink and maybe increase community interaction for those who're too poor to switch classes. I highly doubt it'll make professions RARE. You've already said it's easy to make money if you're dedicated to it. Even now the vets are basically choosing a combat class, maxing out its level, then switching to another class to level after playing around with it a bit. Same with professions. Making it so you only have one class isn't going to change anything.

You could lower abuse by increasing the costs of switching classes/professions, but as it is a newbie has to vote everyday for at least a week to be able to afford a spec. Increasing the cost will just make things harder on the newbies who're forced to stick with a single class and lack the money to switch out.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't see how this is going to make professions rare. It's definitely a money sink though. The rich people can just switch to a profession, do what they want, then switch back to their main combat class. Considering the amount of people out there who've already mastered the profs, this won't change much except make a money sink and maybe increase community interaction for those who're too poor to switch classes. I highly doubt it'll make professions RARE. You've already said it's easy to make money if you're dedicated to it. Even now the vets are basically choosing a combat class, maxing out its level, then switching to another class to level after playing around with it a bit. Same with professions. Making it so you only have one class isn't going to change anything.

You could lower abuse by increasing the costs of switching classes/professions, but as it is a newbie has to vote everyday for at least a week to be able to afford a spec. Increasing the cost will just make things harder on the newbies who're forced to stick with a single class and lack the money to switch out.
I dont think they would be rich people if they choose to be a Combat class. And it would be possible to remove the switching to profession and then to combat by making you lose levels when you do I think a lot of people would choose Combat over Profession Thats why you spend more than 2 seconds in deciding your classes and choose a class that you would actually play

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, I suppose if you do nothing but mine. If you wanna be technical, it's not hard to make money IF you do nothing but aim to make money. I don't mine much, so my only source of money is from voting. Plus, I don't know how to mine efficiently, so I don't get much, AND it's easy to get killed while out mining and lose everything.

The only real way to make fast money on the server is to mine, or be a particular class that allows you to do stuff others can't and hire your services out (Although this is pretty much useless because everyone's either in a town with a member that can do things for them as EvilThor said, or have already mastered a bunch of specs and are rich enough to just switch between them to do what they want). But for a lot of things such as being a Miner to sell gold ingots, you need to have the money to buy the gold ore to begin with/go mining a lot to get the gold ore you need.

I'm a fan of introducing more ways of getting money in the server, with a corresponding balancing of prices server-wide (Such as reducing the price of gold ingots in the DHX or raising the prices of switching classes).

Crafter specs would then be totally vulnerable out in the wildy (Such as an Enchanter trying to level up to enchant things or a Miner mining stuff) when one of the server's numerous gankers pop up. Any ideas how to balance it, or is this one of those 'deal with it' situations?

It's like saying: I don't like to work, so it should be eaiser to get money.
/skill recall, use it when you see names. Then you'll die very uncommon while mining.

If you restrict how many of each proffesion there are (lot's of people will chose combat, so it will restrict it self), trade between players will be more common and necessary.

An healthy economy is built upon trade between people, not on people paying taxes/costs to do stuff.

I remember when I was in that situation, I was a noob healer wanting to mine with my noob caster friend (etkenn).
miningparty when less people are online is the solution, or just mine far away, and recall when you see names.

Yea, I would say it's not very hard to deal with.

It is not hard to earn money atm, you just need to work for it. It's not much harder for newbies than veterans...

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
it is a newbie has to vote everyday for at least a week to be able to afford a spec. Increasing the cost will just make things harder on the newbies who're forced to stick with a single class and lack the money to switch out.
Lol you can make 250 c from mining 15 minutes. This is a really fair game everyone starts off the same. If anyone puts the same effort as a rich person then they will have the same money. So of course rich people can switch classes more, they have worked for it! Thats why people want money. Ok you have been here over a month you could be rich right now.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Lol you can make 250 c from mining 15 minutes. This is a really fair game everyone starts off the same. If anyone puts the same effort as a rich person then they will have the same money. So of course rich people can switch classes more, they have worked for it! Thats why people want money. Ok you have been here over a month you could be rich right now.
Yes, people with E4U3 diamond picks can make that much in that
much time, but not noobs with unenchanted iron picks.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Johnbaur EvilThor

I'm simply saying that currently the only way of really making money is to mine. I'm suggesting that there be other ways of earning money. I'm not unwilling to work for money, I'm just not a good miner. Adjusting the prices of things to accommodate a new method of earning money shouldn't be too hard, and will let non-miners have a chance of earning money.

Edit: Also, I've been here for over a month and the most c I've ever had on me was around 400. Pretty much all of that came from voting.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Johnbaur EvilThor

I'm simply saying that currently the only way of really making money is to mine. I'm suggesting that there be other ways of earning money. I'm not unwilling to work for money, I'm just not a good miner. Adjusting the prices of things to accommodate a new method of earning money shouldn't be too hard, and will let non-miners have a chance of earning money.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Branch_Mining
EDIT: Read up a bit on what is efficient :)

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I know. But it's not very RPG-like to have only one source of money, is it? There should be multiple ways of earning money.

Put another way. Why should mining be the only source of money (aside from voting)?
Mining is not the only source of money, but it is the only big, stabile source of money..
As I have said earlier an healty economy is built upon trade between players, and that is a possibility.
But as I also has said are there not really any reason to trade between players, cause everyone got all they need and know someoen who will do work for free. That's what I think should change..

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Mining is not the only source of money, but it is the only big, stabile source of money..
As I have said earlier an healty economy is built upon trade between players, and that is a possibility.
But as I also has said are there not really any reason to trade between players, cause everyone got all they need and know someoen who will do work for free. That's what I think should change..
From what I know, there are only two ways of introducing money into the economy. Voting (which is REALLY slow) and mining. Everything else is just a function of trade between players, moving money within the economy.

I agree there should be a way to encourage trade between players, but a lot of the vets on the server have already maxed out several classes and just switch between them as they please. Restriction of class switching is a good idea, but it'll probably raise a huge uproar, and I don't think Kainzo will do it anyways. And in the end it probably won't make too much difference if a town has every single profession in it; town members tend to do things for other members for free anyways. One of the perks of living in a town.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
From what I know, there are only two ways of introducing money into the economy. Voting (which is REALLY slow) and mining. Everything else is just a function of trade between players, moving money within the economy.

I agree there should be a way to encourage trade between players, but a lot of the vets on the server have already maxed out several classes and just switch between them as they please. Restriction of class switching is a good idea, but it'll probably raise a huge uproar, and I don't think Kainzo will do it anyways. And in the end it probably won't make too much difference if a town has every single profession in it; town members tend to do things for other members for free anyways. One of the perks of living in a town.

The thing is that we don't really want to introduce more money into the economy, that creates situations like this. Where everyone got all they need and tons of more. An economy is just about what you said, "a function of trade between players, moving money within the economy."

A lot of veterans have already maxed several proffestions, yes. But the "restriction" I'm talking about is the same as I mentioned before. That you have to choose between combat and crafter. Then crafter specs would be rare, and even the big towns wouldn't have all the specs.