• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Hero GUI

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Don't know if this is being wokred on or not - but I think it would be a neat idea
Give Heroes a GUI to make it more user friendly. Have a bars detailing mana and EXP, icons to select skills, when said icons are moused over, a small window pops up and describes the skill.
It would be nice to not have to use all these commands, it would make battles run more smoothly, and all together make it more user friendly
I honestly don't know what making this would entail, nor do I know how difficult/ time consuming it would be, I just think it would make a nice addition

EDIT: For those of you who don't know what a GUI is (I'm sure its not many), its a Graphical User Interface. Simmilar to your computer's desktop

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
I was going to code something like this, but gave up due to lack of time. There was talk of it in the coder chat though, but I doubt it'll be done anytime soon since coders are busy with heroes right now.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
howdanrocks said:
wouldn't that require a client mod? I don't think Kainzo would want that.

Don't ask me, i don't know shit about what it would entail. i just think it would be a good Idea ;)

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
New pictures, new bars, new GUI, client mod required. Would still be bad ass though, I mean, why would you not download a small mod to play a server with classes and shit?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Is there a way to have that optional, maybe? Have the text display info for unmodded folks, and then have an option to shut that off and a client mod that could do that job.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Yes a client mod would be required, but it wouldn't be necessary. No problem with releasing a client mod for those who want it. The game will run fine without the mod. It would be an optional mod.

iFizzE

Legacy Supporter 5
Amgroma said:
Yes a client mod would be required, but it wouldn't be necessary.

Not quite sure what that means, but yeah, I also like the idea of a client mod to accompany heroes

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
@iFizzE- he means that adding new bars and such would require a client mod, but that it wouldn't be neccessary for gameplay in Herocraft.

Forget just mana/exp bars, we could go whole hog and have this apply to other Herocrafty things. Keep your current money on the inventory menu and another new menu that has info on the paths/specs, including progress on your current one and others you've used. I could see this making those multiple pages of chat macros easier to organize and use.

One unnecessary-but-convenient GUI client mod for Herocraft would be awesome to have. Hardly high-priority, but a guy can dream!

I, for one, approve of this suggestion and would happily use a client mod tailored for Heroes. That would definitely make the server stand out even more than the rest.