• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hero class: Chronomancer

It would be cool to have a chronomancer class, which would be a supportive mage. The purpose of the chronomancer would be to use time-based magic to apply high amounts of crowd control and healing.

Example abilities:

Lvl 1: Timebomb: Mark a target, and after a few seconds, they explode and take a high amount of damage.

lvl 10: Lag: Slow target by a large amount

lvl 10: Chronoboost: Increase target's movement speed

lvl 15: Timetrial: Deals damage over time to target until it stops moving for 2 seconds, ~15 second time limit. (This could be used to force a player to take the time to stop.)

lvl 25: StopTime: Temporarily stops target's health loss for 5 seconds, then deals damage from attacker equal to the amount of damage taken during chronoflux. (Would be used to keep an ally alive just long enough to finish off an opponent before dying, or used along side chronoshift to prevent death.)

lvl 30: Chronoshift: Mark a target, at the after 5 seconds or upon taking lethal damage, it restores target's health to the amount it was at 5 seconds ago. (Zilean's ultimate from LoL)

lvl 35: Chronostasis: Target is put in a time lock and is unable to move, attack, use spells, or take damage.

lvl 40: Rewind: Teleports target to their last location (before recall, port, death, etc.) in the past 5 minutes. (global, player must be in your party)

lvl 50: Past: Teleports target player to their location 3 seconds ago. (Not global)

lvl 50: Present: Removes status effects from target.

lvl 50: Future: Teleports target forwards.

lvl 60: Timetheft: Reduces target's movement speed and increases your own.

lvl 65: Overclock: Increases party movement speed and reduces cooldown times.

lvl 65: Underclock: Decreases movement speed and increases cooldown times in an area.

This is just an idea, but it would be fun to see a class like this added to the mix of classes. And yes, this was highly inspired by the League of Legends champion, Zilean (Timebomb and Chronoshift are both some of Zilean's abilities). Any suggestions/ideas?

Last edited:

TheBrute2001

Legacy Supporter 5
It would be cool to have a chronomancer class, which would be a supportive mage. The purpose of the chronomancer would be to use time-based magic to apply high amounts of crowd control and healing.

Example abilities:

Timebomb: Mark a target, and after a few seconds, they explode and take a high amount of damage.

Lag: Slow target by a large amount

Chronoboost: Increase target's speed

Chronostasis: Target is put in a time lock and is unable to move, attack, use spells, or take damage.

Chronoshift: Restore target's health to the amount it was at 5 seconds ago. (Zilean's ultimate from LoL)

Timetrial: Deals damage over time to target until it stops moving. (This could be used to force a player to take the time to stop.)

Rewind: Teleports target player to their location 3 seconds ago. (Not global)

Past: Teleports target to their last location (before recall, port, death, etc.) in the past 5 minutes. (global)

Present: Stuns target.

Future: Teleports target forwards.

This is just an idea, but it would be fun to see a class like this added to the mix of classes. And yes, this was highly inspired by the League of Legends champion, Zilean (Timebomb and Chronoshift are both some of Zilean's abilities). Any suggestions/ideas?
Ive always thpught about a class like this and you seem to have a decent grasp on a concept. This could turn into a pretty cool replacement for beguiler which currently stands as the support caster. The global un-teleport sounds kind of op, i can only imagine a reverse gtp right ontop of a 10 man group. Assuming that this is a caster class id reccomend turning the chronoshift into a mana rewind rather than giving hp. To further protray your point of support id suggest turning timetrail into a "thicken time" where it would cause a large aoe slow instead of damage. With the past, present, future, i think preesent should be removed. The other two could be cool forcing a teammate or enemy to blink forwards or backwards. I like this idea and hope something productive comes out of it!

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Haste reduces warmup times and increases movement speeds of the group. Lvl 65 ability.
Slow does the reverse to enemies.

Ive always thpught about a class like this and you seem to have a decent grasp on a concept. This could turn into a pretty cool replacement for beguiler which currently stands as the support caster. The global un-teleport sounds kind of op, i can only imagine a reverse gtp right ontop of a 10 man group. Assuming that this is a caster class id reccomend turning the chronoshift into a mana rewind rather than giving hp. To further protray your point of support id suggest turning timetrail into a "thicken time" where it would cause a large aoe slow instead of damage. With the past, present, future, i think preesent should be removed. The other two could be cool forcing a teammate or enemy to blink forwards or backwards. I like this idea and hope something productive comes out of it!
The global un-teleport would probably only work if they were in your party. The point of the global un-teleport is to be a way to easily return someone back into the fight after they die. The time trial should be damage, in my opinion, as to allow the chronomancer to more easily grind. I am probably going to put a time limit on it, but a large one as too still do it's purpose to stop an opponent from running. I should probably switch the names of past and rewind, as to allow the past to correspond more to the future. Changing the original post to reflect these changes.
Haste reduces warmup times and increases movement speeds of the group. Lvl 65 ability.
Slow does the reverse to enemies.
Added as overclock and underclock. Not putting levels in as I am not experienced in balancing, so I do not know at what levels it should get each ability.

Last edited:
Added the levels at which chronomancer would get each ability. Changed present to make it act as if it releases the target from the affect of time and forces them into present. Also added in StopTime, which is a health-freezing ability, and timetheft which is movement speed stealing ability. Still looking for suggestions.

Last edited:
Some people have mentioned the lack of damage in its abilities. I felt that with the amount of cc it would have, it would be too strong if it had a lot of damage to go with the CC. By trading damage for CC, it becomes more of a group-based class that focuses on assisting allies in battle. To give it some damage, however, the time bomb would have a high scaling, allowing it to be a strong nuke and scale well into level 65 to be it's main source of damage. To allow for sustain damage while not in a chase (which is where Timetrial would do it's damage), it would have a decent amount of melee damage while wielding a clock.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
After looking at these, I can say that some skills look cool for other classes.
Not to say this is a bad class idea, but I don't see class ideas being added just as being the rule.

StopTime sounds like it could be the bloodmage answer to Invuln, with the user suppressing blood from flowing out of the user.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Replace it with a more balanced and in my opinion, cooler class? ya, why not. Support mages for days.

Why replace it when we can just add classes? We no longer have base paths, and therefore all specs are lostsoul specs, so there is no balance issue in terms of adding classes.

Everything about this class screams OP, but also screams fun.
As being just an idea, anything could change. Only reason why so much CC was put in was due to it's lack of damage, however in a group situation, it could make it near-impossible to escape. This class would NOT be a solo class, as it is designed to be more of a full support. It would be used to get help your party escape, and lock down your prey, instead of doing damage and attempting to get the kill yourself. Also note how there is no hard CC apart from chronostasis, which is meant to be used to keep a teammate who is low on health alive until the fight ends or until abilities get off cooldown. I've also edited chronoshift to trigger upon taking lethal damage, in order to be used along stoptime.