• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Herald Team] What does our community want made?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
A let's play herocraft. I've always wanted to see someone do one.
A let's play would only be possible several months into a map. If a Let's play series is started during the first weeks then us Heralds would simply get all our shit stolen and our place camped. (After all, a minority of this server doesn't give a shit about staff)

A Let's Play series where the Herald sets goals for each episode like "Finish public road w/ shops to Town X from Town Y" or "Visit Player X to help him with his epic building project w/ Co-commentary"

A Let's Play would not include stuff like mining (Because tat is shit boring), but be focused around building, PvE and socializing with the server (After all, HC is a lot about the community)

You might ask "Omg why not mention PvP???!??!?" Well, if I personally did a Let's Play HC series, then i'd not record for it when I seek out for PvP, however World PvP, like me spotting/being attacked by an enemy while recording then it would be apart of the clip.

The reasoning behind this? I plan to make a seperate PvP series for Herocraft where i'll be posting short episodes of PvP every week*

* = Every week except holidays, personal vacations etc.

For the PvP series I'll have a thread on the forums where I ask people to submit their PvP clips and how to submit it (I am currently working on ways to send video clips as they can easily be several GB big)
If the community submit clips, then it wouldn't be the same class (wizard) doing the fighting all the time.

More info to come as I plan the PvP series out. Gonna have to talk with you Dielan9999 to discuss stuff including this.

Anyways, what are your thoughts about a PvP series? Any ideas you'd like to share?

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
A let's play would only be possible several months into a map. If a Let's play series is started during the first weeks then us Heralds would simply get all our shit stolen and our place camped. (After all, a minority of this server doesn't give a shit about staff)

A Let's Play series where the Herald sets goals for each episode like "Finish public road w/ shops to Town X from Town Y" or "Visit Player X to help him with his epic building project w/ Co-commentary"

A Let's Play would not include stuff like mining (Because tat is shit boring), but be focused around building, PvE and socializing with the server (After all, HC is a lot about the community)

You might ask "Omg why not mention PvP???!??!?" Well, if I personally did a Let's Play HC series, then i'd not record for it when I seek out for PvP, however World PvP, like me spotting/being attacked by an enemy while recording then it would be apart of the clip.

The reasoning behind this? I plan to make a seperate PvP series for Herocraft where i'll be posting short episodes of PvP every week*

* = Every week except holidays, personal vacations etc.

For the PvP series I'll have a thread on the forums where I ask people to submit their PvP clips and how to submit it (I am currently working on ways to send video clips as they can easily be several GB big)
If the community submit clips, then it wouldn't be the same class (wizard) doing the fighting all the time.

More info to come as I plan the PvP series out. Gonna have to talk with you Dielan9999 to discuss stuff including this.

Anyways, what are your thoughts about a PvP series? Any ideas you'd like to share?
For the LP thing, you could also release them at a later point. Let's say, record, then put up 1-2 weeks later. Info should be different, etc., - Just what I came up with. Or as you said, do it later with just things you would do. But, if/when map wipes, maybe do it like I said until you can do what you said? I don't know if this makes sense, I need sleep, so we'll see in the morning. <3 Herald team.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I would really like to see someone make a Steam group, it's easier to contact each other over a group, rather than adding every person you know. Of course it also makes it easier to add people.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I would really like to see someone make a Steam group, it's easier to contact each other over a group, rather than adding every person you know. Of course it also makes it easier to add people.
We do currently have a DH Steam group, though I am not sure if we have one just for Herocraft.