• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Help with engineer profession

BossMK

Dirt
Hello! I had joined the server about a week ago and I had gotten used to the game. I mastered crafter earlier today and chose to be an engineer, mainly because of the benefits of the engineer's hoppers. But when I looked at the wiki it said to go to level 5, which I did, but I still don't know how I can place hoppers, as when I go to my skills list, it says I am a novice engineer. Upon placing the hopper, I still get the message saying I need to be one to place it and puts it back into my inventory, what's going on?

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Hoppers are dead, sadly. There are some specific ways around it, I believe using the special sign inputs, but I don’t recall if it’s anything for storage. Could potentially be disabled, as well.

I would recommend maxing out engineer, and then hitting the craftbook (I think that’s the name of the plugin? It’s been ages) wiki in order to study up.

Regardless of the lack of hoppers, I promise that if you’re willing to advance your knowledge on redstone, craftbook IC tech really can make your redstone creations more interesting. Clan targeted pitfall traps, total lockdown panic buttons, segmented lava flow for swift target disposal, extending and and descending lights, player specific doors, the list goes on and on. Most of that stuff requires engi level 60.

Then again, I’m from the olden days, and maybe craftbook isn’t in anymore. I doubt that’s the case though. Anyway, if you need help with ICs and stuff, I’m willing to help in game, although I’m not leveled at all this map. There’s a lot of YouTube stuff out there too. A creative mind can make use of those tools, because they’re extremely useful.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Hoppers are dead, sadly. There are some specific ways around it, I believe using the special sign inputs, but I don’t recall if it’s anything for storage. Could potentially be disabled, as well.

I would recommend maxing out engineer, and then hitting the craftbook (I think that’s the name of the plugin? It’s been ages) wiki in order to study up.

Regardless of the lack of hoppers, I promise that if you’re willing to advance your knowledge on redstone, craftbook IC tech really can make your redstone creations more interesting. Clan targeted pitfall traps, total lockdown panic buttons, segmented lava flow for swift target disposal, extending and and descending lights, player specific doors, the list goes on and on. Most of that stuff requires engi level 60.

Then again, I’m from the olden days, and maybe craftbook isn’t in anymore. I doubt that’s the case though. Anyway, if you need help with ICs and stuff, I’m willing to help in game, although I’m not leveled at all this map. There’s a lot of YouTube stuff out there too. A creative mind can make use of those tools, because they’re extremely useful.
2015 isn’t the olden days lol

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
[Was an accidental repost of the same message. Can’t find the delete button and I’m too exhausted to seek it out.]