• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion HC Economy

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I've been playing HC for 2 months now and have noticed people throw coins around fairly freely because they have little actual use other than taxes and changing classes. Can we maybe expand on the HC Economy by providing coin sinks in game via NPCs or such ? Are any admins working on such a system ? I would be willing to help.

Xargun

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree the economy could use some work. I think one of the major issues is the inactive shops outside of spawn. Also the lack of items that people supply/buy. I will bring this up to some staff and see what kind of ideas could be implemented to increase the use of coins.

Please feel free to supply more ideas!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've been playing HC for 2 months now and have noticed people throw coins around fairly freely because they have little actual use other than taxes and changing classes. Can we maybe expand on the HC Economy by providing coin sinks in game via NPCs or such ? Are any admins working on such a system ? I would be willing to help.

Xargun
All about adding in different things to spend coin on - care to give some examples? :)

Here's what we have:
  • Lottery
  • Specializations
  • Class-Changes
  • Bounties
  • ChestShop (all items/certain areas)
  • Teleport Services
  • Spawn Plots
  • Township Charters/Upgrade Costs
  • LWC's
  • Residences

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
All about adding in different things to spend coin on - care to give some examples? :)

Here's what we have:
  • Lottery
  • Specializations
  • Class-Changes
  • Bounties
  • Teleport Services

In regards to chest shop do you feel like there is anyway to clear out some of the inactive shops? I understand that they can be claimed I feel like this would cause a lot of /pe request due to people griefing signs. I also feel like we need more interacive things around spawn to draw people in. How do you feel about a couple of new gambling ideas being implemented? I will create a post about the new spawn being created on the test server and see if I can drag some ideas out of people so we can get to work on getting more traffic going through spawn and giving more activites for the members to use. What is going on with the minigames already outside of spawn none of them seem to be active at the moment are these still being tasked? I understand there is a lot going on right now just trying to figure out exactly what needs to be worked on.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9

Here's what we have:
  • Lottery
  • Specializations
  • Class-Changes
  • Bounties
  • Teleport Services

Correct but 3 of those give out coins as well. I believe lottery pays out more than it takes in. Bounties pay out. Chest shops just move the money from one person to another. The other 3 are coin sinks, but there is still a huge amount of idle coins out there. There is no reason for people to having tens of thousands of coins in their bank with nothing to realistically spend them on.

Was thinking of something like server owned shops where players can buy low end enchanted items - like efficiency 1 & unbreaking 1 pick axes for like 30c. This will give people a supply of basic enchanted items (some people don't have access to a friendly enchanter or even know about them) and provide more value to the few enchanters who can then sell their better enchants for more coins.

Have the spawn armory actually sell armor at an inflated price. Lots of time you need some armor but no one is online to sell it to you.

The server can sell anything it wants at any price. I'm not sure what all to do but the economy in HC just seems stagnant to me. With the npc quests and voting players have access to roughly 170 coins daily and not much to spend them on. Even higher enchants are cheap. I just think the economy can become more vibrant and give more meaning to coins.

With all the changes going on in HC lately I wondered if you had anyone looking into making the economy more vibrant. Not sure what all changes would be good but I think it can be made better.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I believe lottery pays out more than it takes in.
I dont believe this is correct. Lottery is (at least in my opinion) a completely luck based money sink, which means sometimes you lose a lot of money with no gain, sometimes earn a lot. So it doesnt always pay more than it takes (for me, it never does).

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I dont believe this is correct. Lottery is (at least in my opinion) a completely luck based money sink, which means sometimes you lose a lot of money with no gain, sometimes earn a lot. So it doesnt always pay more than it takes (for me, it never does).

I am not talking about any one person but in general.

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8

The lottery does not just take money from people it starts out at like 600c (Not sure if that is the exact amount) without a single person buying a ticket. I believe this is what he meant by his statement.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
  • Spawn Plots
  • Township Charters/Upgrade Costs
  • LWC's
  • Residences
added those ^
Also the lottery takes 20% cut from every ticket bought. It starts at 500c to increase incentive.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I personally think the radius of where you can't build around spawn should be expanded so that if people wanted to set up a shop it would have to be far down any of the roads.

Then turn pvp off in the Black Market, because lets be honest its not used because players are afraid of getting killed right after they just bought a new item. Its like if i went to the most trashy part of Philly (where i live near) and set up shop its just not a smart business move.

Then with pvp off and people having to either go far out of spawn to get to shops or just rent a plot out in the black market, the economy could see a boost and any inactive plots wouldn't be around long because of the rent.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The Trade District of DragonGuarde used to be a bustling hub. By bustling, I mean bustling. More often than not you would see 3+ players roaming around the shops at any given point. There is truly no Bastion equivalent for it.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
The Trade District of DragonGuarde used to be a bustling hub. By bustling, I mean bustling. More often than not you would see 3+ players roaming around the shops at any given point. There is truly no Bastion equivalent for it.

Then maybe my issues is just this map and not the economy. I hear LO is working on a large market area...

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3

I loved the trade district. It was bright, looked amazing and had tons of great shops. I could really get anything I needed there.