• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hardcore game play!

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
Ever since I joined Herocraft I've been in love with the setup, heroes towns and the well balanced economy. The PVP aspect on the other side have felt less satisfying. I may be more of a builder and miner, but I like the feeling of danger And I have enjoyed building my security systems to be safer from those pesky ranger that used to dig down on me when I least expected it .

Last night a grabbed a bottle of a fine shiraz and went creative game design.

The problem as I see it: Currently, the PVP is wrongly directed with no goals or rewards. It's mostly high level PVP:er that camps new victims that not yet have a chance to fight back.
HC members throws the world hardcore around a lot, yet there is no hardcore mode on the server ;-)
My first thoughts went to "The Hunger Games" I have seen on other servers.
Then I concluded that HC deserved something more and something that take full advantage of the Heroes the towns and the economy that works so well.

So the following is what I came up with:
  • Step one: remove all the gold ore from WS and DG. Should not be so hard.
  • Step two: set up a hardcore world with a scheduled reset every two week or more.
When you die in the hardcore world, you spawn back in the main world with all your inventory lost.
With no way to return until after next reset. In this hardcore world, the ability to place any type of container, chests dispensers and even furnace is denied. You need to carry all the gold you find.
The only way to get back to the main world is automatically ported before a server reset, or by recall.
The ability to use recall is important as it adds a risk management scenario to the game. How much gold do I dear to collect before anyone attacks me and I lose it all?

This setup I think would make for a lot of diverse tactics and survival strategies and team building.
To be able to get a lot of gold, you will need to stick together with others.

Every type of player will be needed. miners for the gold, warriors to protect the miners, or to raid other groups. farmers to feed and arm the group. curriers that gold home to safety, before the group gets killed.

Maybe have a portal in each town of a certain size, every town with their own destination.
No central spawn.
Maybe have the mayor as the only one able to sell the gold.
And so on...

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Ever since I joined Herocraft I've been in love with the setup, heroes towns and the well balanced economy. The PVP aspect on the other side have felt less satisfying. I may be more of a builder and miner, but I like the feeling of danger And I have enjoyed building my security systems to be safer from those pesky ranger that used to dig down on me when I least expected it .

Last night a grabbed a bottle of a fine shiraz and went creative game design.

The problem as I see it: Currently, the PVP is wrongly directed with no goals or rewards. It's mostly high level PVP:er that camps new victims that not yet have a chance to fight back.
HC members throws the world hardcore around a lot, yet there is no hardcore mode on the server ;-)
My first thoughts went to "The Hunger Games" I have seen on other servers.
Then I concluded that HC deserved something more and something that take full advantage of the Heroes the towns and the economy that works so well.

So the following is what I came up with:
  • Step one: remove all the gold ore from WS and DG. Should not be so hard.
  • Step two: set up a hardcore world with a scheduled reset every two week or more.
When you die in the hardcore world, you spawn back in the main world with all your inventory lost.

With no way to return until after next reset. In this hardcore world, the ability to place any type of container, chests dispensers and even furnace is denied. You need to carry all the gold you find.
The only way to get back to the main world is automatically ported before a server reset, or by recall.
The ability to use recall is important as it adds a risk management scenario to the game. How much gold do I dear to collect before anyone attacks me and I lose it all?

This setup I think would make for a lot of diverse tactics and survival strategies and team building.
To be able to get a lot of gold, you will need to stick together with others.

Every type of player will be needed. miners for the gold, warriors to protect the miners, or to raid other groups. farmers to feed and arm the group. curriers that gold home to safety, before the group gets killed.

Maybe have a portal in each town of a certain size, every town with their own destination.
No central spawn.
Maybe have the mayor as the only one able to sell the gold.
And so on...
This is so baller @Kainzo

Northac

Obsidian
Have to admit, that is an interesting idea, the only issue i have with it is that your discription sounds like you NEED a team to do this. I could be wrong but that was my take. Players that want to solo should be able to, though the danger would be a bit greater, so the safety in numbers thing does make sense.

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
A team is not necessary, but a team would give you a better chance of survival. It's like the Mob Arena, you can go in by yourself but your chances of making it to higher round is lower than if you had a team.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
"Hardcore" means difficult, it has nothing to do with the gamemode. Plus, removing all the gold would ruin the newer player's experience with mining to level up crafter (Again making it low levels being camped by high levels). It would also ruin Solo Combat which is scarce enough as is.

I'd like to think I speak for Kain on this, but if you want said features, go play those servers :/

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
removing all the gold would ruin the newer player's experience with mining to level up crafter
This is not needed anymore as emeralds are now the new curency.

go play those servers :/
I would have to set up such a server myself then as none exist today.
This was a sugestion, you are acting very immature with comments like this.