• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

GW2?

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
Yah I've been waiting for Guild Wars 2 for god knows long... I can't wait for it to come out. Like in September they were updating main page like everyday. Now ever since Gamescon it's been slow. I think this is because they started closed beta(I think). But who's pumped? What profession you going? Race? I myself I want to be human paragon, but seeing paragon isnt a profession in this game till an expansion probably, I'l most likely be either Norn or Char, and profession Necro, or Guardian. BTW Guild Wars 2 is an MMO that the first game was insanely fun. This game will be epic.
and the best thing in the game...

To be honest, when I first saw this game (well, the pictures at least), I thought it looked sick. The graphics are really nice, and it looks like something I might possibly buy. Unfortunately I haven't played any Guild Wars games so I don't really know if I should buy this one when it comes out. :s

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Yes, yes, and more yes. Guild Wars and me get along very well, I think I've logged about 5,500 hours into that damn game, haha. Don't play it as much these days due to being ungodly busy and my guild slowing down, but I am well prepared to waste my life in GW2 (http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=pWDAA8////D47////o/HA8/BCCGAAAAAgUUYAAAAAAA) <-- If you know what any of that means, then yes, I have no life.

A side note (kinda), with the way guilds will work in the game, you can have your account associated with as many as you want. So if a bunch of us do play, we can have a [DH] guild to switch to whenever we want to do things as a group. or just fuck around.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
To be honest, when I first saw this game (well, the pictures at least), I thought it looked sick. The graphics are really nice, and it looks like something I might possibly buy. Unfortunately I haven't played any Guild Wars games so I don't really know if I should buy this one when it comes out. :s

Arena Net has one of the most distinguished art departments in gaming today. Graphics are nice, yes, but at this point with so many shiny games I'm also looking past them to game itself. As fanboi-ing as I am, I'm really hoping they pull off making a new and more effective set of mechanics, or I'll probably be done with the genre entirely. I have no issue with time rewarding with the goods, but being required to invest so much time doing the same things to get ahead as in other games I have played... I just don't HAVE the time anymore. I love the social aspect of MMOs, but I also like being able to accomplish something in the time span I have to play. I'm hoping that the way ANet is doing things will satisfy this desire, and so far it seems as if it will. We'll see.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
Xanics loved GW1. Maybe he'd play? Have to get with him.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I wish haha... damn bastard. I do want to play something new and refreshing - maybe this is it... however - I HATE f2p hah.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
f2p sucks. GW1 kinda sucked from what I always heard due to inactive staff.

Am I wrong?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
f2p sucks. GW1 kinda sucked from what I always heard due to inactive staff.

Am I wrong?

I wish haha... damn bastard. I do want to play something new and refreshing - maybe this is it... however - I HATE f2p hah.

Kinda. It's not free to play. Think of it like Battlefield 3. You pay the $50 or whatever, and you play online as long as you want. That's how Guild Wars worked/works. You purchase the game, and then get the online play for free.

As for inactive staff, I think you mean devs? The Live Team is slow recently because they focus most of their attention on GW2 atm. I gues I'm not sure what you mean by 'inactive staff' to really reply, heh.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
I'm referring to years ago whenever GW1 first came out. Again, I never played it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kinda. It's not free to play. Think of it like Battlefield 3. You pay the $50 or whatever, and you play online as long as you want. That's how Guild Wars worked/works. You purchase the game, and then get the online play for free.

As for inactive staff, I think you mean devs? The Live Team is slow recently because they focus most of their attention on GW2 atm. I gues I'm not sure what you mean by 'inactive staff' to really reply, heh.
It seems like they focus their eyes on the newer expansion because that's their paycheck / bonus

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Ah, I see what you mean. Once a campaign is working and bug free (as much as it can be, heh), they do move on to the next expansion, yes. There is a large ongoing project called "Guild Wars Beyond" that they are using to tie up loose story ends in the older campaigns and tie the current game into GW2.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
There were never any issues with hacking in the first couple of years in GW1?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
The usual botting, sure. But as for hacking, I can only think of one instance of hacking that was publicly known. The hacker reset the prices on rare materials which warranted a rollback, but that's the only time I know of. The team closed the loophole, and that was that.

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
When ever I played this game I never had any problems. With Guild Wars the expansions aren't expansions there a whole new continent with a campaign just as long as the prophecies one. I never saw any hacking or botting. Yet I hate how people complained in certain special areas where they had to have perfect holy trinity, and me being a paragon wasnt any of those, they only took paragons who had a special "build".