• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

GW2 Beta + Pre-Purchase Info!

spartanfan17

Legacy Supporter 2
I have a question so in gw1 there were all of these different options of playstyles (pvp, pve, etc) and i did not understand them will these be in gw2? Like when you first create your character you get all these chocises.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I have a question so in gw1 there were all of these different options of playstyles (pvp, pve, etc) and i did not understand them will these be in gw2?

PvE and PvP will be both in GW2 but greatly tuned, some features have been added, others have been improved and some have been removed entirely (unless they'll make another appearance in the future via an expansion or patch etc). PvE in GW2 will be much more intense as compared to GW, you'll not only have an improved storyline which is now personalized based on your character creation, dynamic events will make entrance which will not only keep the ball rolling (having always something to do) as an MMO but will be chaotic and fun!

There is also the dungeons for PvE which scale on the storyline mode (easier) and explorable mode (harder), which offer a numerous amount of unique armour, items, weaponry etc dependent on the dungeon itself. I'd also assume (as it happened in GW) there will be those special events like Christmas, Easter and Halloween to name a few, that'll pop up during their appropriate dates.

PvP has changed a lot also, there's two modes (off the top of my head) being Structured and World PvP. Structured PvP is basically follows into further two modes of either Tournament (similar to those in GW) and Hot join play, the normal mode where it can differ from 1v1, 5v5 etc - More info about it here. As for World PvP, three servers or "worlds" are matched up against each other and all players (which allows over hundreds of players) from their respective server battle it out on a large-scale map to gain the highest war-score and win - More info about this one here. Then there's going to be other smaller modes of PvP as said in the GW2 wiki which will be less stressful as the previous two.

That's all I can say off the top of my head without looking at a site for info otherwise Google and the respective GW2 sites are your best bet, just do your own research and you'll see :p

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Are beta testings only during the weekends?

Yeah, so far it's only been weekends and the pre-purchase page states access to all beta weekends too. I'd prefer like a week long beta test but I guess this way it keeps us on our heels :p
With a week of offtime it gives them more time to address bugs and solve issues, so I would say it is worth the wait.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Are beta testings only during the weekends?

Yeah, so far it's only been weekends and the pre-purchase page states access to all beta weekends too. I'd prefer like a week long beta test but I guess this way it keeps us on our heels :p
With a week of offtime it gives them more time to address bugs and solve issues, so I would say it is worth the wait.

Yeah, that's how it's done haha. Just getting so edgy man since it's been a massive wait for this game!

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
My favorite part is going to be the World vs. World

It looks like the most amazing pvp experience I have ever seen in an MMO

Kourne

Legacy Supporter 3
Every post in this thread gets me more excited. Can't wait for the release, must have it now! D:
Hopefully they won't put in a member cap for guilds, since DH will be bulging with members.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Every post in this thread gets me more excited. Can't wait for the release, must have it now! D:
Hopefully they won't put in a member cap for guilds, since DH will be bulging with members.

There's a guild on GW currently with a supposed 900+ members lol!