• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Guilds - A Bunch of Stuff

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
Now that Guilds are semi-recognised by game mechanics, I thought prehaps we could go that one step further and fully recognise them.

Kainzo said:
When your 'guild/organization' meets the requirements posted below - you may post on this forum with the topic such as this.

[GuildNAME] GOOD/EVIL/NEUTRAL [# of players]
ex.
[Knights of Kain] Good (10)

Guild alignment
Good - no pking (murdering) no stealing in good townships/ generally anti-pk
Evil - Murderers/thieves - steals everywhere and kills everywhere (save for sanctum)
Neutral - band of pirates/thieves - doesn't focus on murder but more of theft in neutral/good/evil townships (Profit/greed is high in these)

[size=large]Requirements:[/size]
Minimum of 3 players
Headquarters
Objectives
Misc Info

Firstly, Guilds would have to apply in their own Application Subforum, similar to towns at the moment.

Secondly, a guild would need a leader and second in command, as well as at least one other member (i.e. still needs three members), and people can only lead and/or be second in command of one guild. (i.e. Can't lead guild A and be SIC in guild B)

Thirdly, someone could be in as many guilds as they wish, (as guilds are made for different reasons, i.e. KoP and Trader's Union) though you can not join guilds below your guild's alignment, and can not join 'Good' guilds if your guild is 'evil'. (This stops issues of having someone in a 'good' guild pking with a 'evil' guild)

Fourthly, you can not join guilds below your town's alignment, and can not join 'Good' guilds if your town is 'evil'. (Same as above, stops issues of members of 'good' towns pking with a 'evil' guild)

I.e.
* Members of Neutral Towns/Guilds can join Neutral or Good Guilds
* Members of Evil Towns/Guilds can join Neutral or Evil Guilds

Finally, I'd also suggest there being a monetary fee (Between 500c-1000c) to set up a guild, which allows a small ring (15r?) to be set up over the guild hall. This allows the guild hall to be placed inside towns (though mayors would have the final say on what happens here) or the wilderness, and for the guild leader to have the ability to protect themseleves and their guild mates within their base. Oh, and Guild Leaders would also recieve a title, though what that would be I'm not sure, and Town titles would supercede guild titles.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I would need help on the administration side of things, seeing as I am already weighed down by my current duties. The sooner we can automate a lot of our more in-depth systems, the easier it will be on me.

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo said:
I would need help on the administration side of things, seeing as I am already weighed down by my current duties. The sooner we can automate a lot of our more in-depth systems, the easier it will be on me.

I see your point, and sympathise with your position.

Prehaps limiting this suggestion to the first four points for the time being, which helps clear up a few more things about guilds and would help with one of the issues we have at the moment of citizens joining guilds, and then their actions being blamed on the town instead of the guild. (With the mindset that Towns > Guilds)

Point five will be more relevant with the PVP map, where I forsee a significant number of the pvp orientated guilds taking up residence. (Prehaps even limiting turning PVP off to guild rings - i.e. towns over there are always pvp)

If there is anything I can help you with in any regards to this Kain, including refining these points even further (or even just forgetting about them until a future date if it's too much at the moment), feel free to message me.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I completely agree - we need to figure out the accordance with Guilds Vs Townships... Honestly, it will be hard to say "I did it because of X town or Y guild" - im not sure how others will lay blame - more than likely they will always assume the worse. So it may be in the best interest of everyone... join a Good aligned guild if you are in a good or neutral town, etc.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
And yes - I'm spread pretty thin - I dont like being that way - but from the get go the idea looks good. I just dont think titles can come into play just yet - not under the current method we have (I have edit them by hand out of game :()