• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Guess Who's Back

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Last night I redownloaded Minecraft for the first time in what, 2-3 years? Wave of nostalgia rolled over me. Thought I'd at least check back and say hi to y'all, or maybe write a lengthy biopic. Which I guess I'm doing now. Shit. Here goes.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bit of an old guard, although ironically I joined when I was 14 or 15 and am 18 now. My real name is Kaspar. To those who remember me and to those who don't I'd like to say that I don't believe I will be returning to play on Herocraft anytime soon. Although I do have a mic and a camera which would enable me to socialize with all of you however I wanted to I have decided that I will be trying to transfer my computer habit elsewhere.

One of the main reasons why I played Herocraft and the computer in general in middle and high school was because it was a retreat from the real world. I have always been anxious, especially on the social front. Interacting with new people was one of the great things I found about multiplayer Minecraft, especially on this server, which was (and still is) my favorite. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of features that have appeared since my departure. Speaking of my departure: basically I converted to all things Paradox Interactive and didn't really tell anyone from here. Sorry about that. I feel like I owe all of you for the great time I had here, despite all the drama and petty squabbles. But what I should have also been doing was finding friends in real life. Even now I don't socialize as much as I would like to.

Now, I find myself at Kalamazoo College, intent on majoring in History with a Medieval Studies concentration, taking a freshman seminar in Civil Disobedience and Religion, a course on the Roman Army, and a course on Islam in Africa. K (the convenient way to refer to the college) operates on a trimester system, with 3 classes per trimester, which results in 3 midterms and 3 finals per year. Because each class lasts for about 3 months they go very in depth, and there is a prevalent stress culture on campus, which I do not intend to be a part of.

Hence why I'm trying to get off the computer. I have almost always had decent Macbooks with crappy graphics cards, but I still tried to game as much as I could, so much so that I even have gotten used to the trackpad and can't use a mouse or play console games for shit. Until I get a job, get some spending money, become more responsible, and learn to manage my time better, I will lay off the games that I could never really run well and instead focus on schoolwork, books, socialization, fitness, and getting enough sleep. I also plan on using the D&D club at my school as a creative outlet.

Here are some pictures to let all of you know that I'm doing fine and having fun with my life. The first set of pictures are from a trip to Prague and Bohemia that I did for 2 weeks this summer with my best friend Augie (blond hair) and my Czech second cousin Marta, who is in her 40s and works in advertising. The second set are from LandSea, a pre-orientation trip run by my college in the Adirondacks. I did 5 days of hiking, one day of climb/rappell, and 4 days of canoeing, followed by a 2 day solo where I was confined to a 10ftx10ft space, could not talk, and had only water. This was the hardest solo experience you could do and it was my decision to do it. My patrol was 11 freshman including me, as well as two leaders, one sophomore, one junior. Summiting mountains was one of the most fulfilling moments in my life, and the climb and rappell phase (which I can't really find any pictures of myself doing for some reason) was nerve-wracking and really tested my limits. Click here for the album.

At this point I don't think there's much else to be said. Rest assured that I will not leave any of you hanging again, I promise I will return to these forums every so often.

Oh and P.S. I still have my Major Lazer skin. Since I've had it for so long I don't think I'll bother changing it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Last night I redownloaded Minecraft for the first time in what, 2-3 years? Wave of nostalgia rolled over me. Thought I'd at least check back and say hi to y'all, or maybe write a lengthy biopic. Which I guess I'm doing now. Shit. Here goes.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bit of an old guard, although ironically I joined when I was 14 or 15 and am 18 now. My real name is Kaspar. To those who remember me and to those who don't I'd like to say that I don't believe I will be returning to play on Herocraft anytime soon. Although I do have a mic and a camera which would enable me to socialize with all of you however I wanted to I have decided that I will be trying to transfer my computer habit elsewhere.

One of the main reasons why I played Herocraft and the computer in general in middle and high school was because it was a retreat from the real world. I have always been anxious, especially on the social front. Interacting with new people was one of the great things I found about multiplayer Minecraft, especially on this server, which was (and still is) my favorite. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of features that have appeared since my departure. Speaking of my departure: basically I converted to all things Paradox Interactive and didn't really tell anyone from here. Sorry about that. I feel like I owe all of you for the great time I had here, despite all the drama and petty squabbles. But what I should have also been doing was finding friends in real life. Even now I don't socialize as much as I would like to.

Now, I find myself at Kalamazoo College, intent on majoring in History with a Medieval Studies concentration, taking a freshman seminar in Civil Disobedience and Religion, a course on the Roman Army, and a course on Islam in Africa. K (the convenient way to refer to the college) operates on a trimester system, with 3 classes per trimester, which results in 3 midterms and 3 finals per year. Because each class lasts for about 3 months they go very in depth, and there is a prevalent stress culture on campus, which I do not intend to be a part of.

Hence why I'm trying to get off the computer. I have almost always had decent Macbooks with crappy graphics cards, but I still tried to game as much as I could, so much so that I even have gotten used to the trackpad and can't use a mouse or play console games for shit. Until I get a job, get some spending money, become more responsible, and learn to manage my time better, I will lay off the games that I could never really run well and instead focus on schoolwork, books, socialization, fitness, and getting enough sleep. I also plan on using the D&D club at my school as a creative outlet.

Here are some pictures to let all of you know that I'm doing fine and having fun with my life. The first set of pictures are from a trip to Prague and Bohemia that I did for 2 weeks this summer with my best friend Augie (blond hair) and my Czech second cousin Marta, who is in her 40s and works in advertising. The second set are from LandSea, a pre-orientation trip run by my college in the Adirondacks. I did 5 days of hiking, one day of climb/rappell, and 4 days of canoeing, followed by a 2 day solo where I was confined to a 10ftx10ft space, could not talk, and had only water. This was the hardest solo experience you could do and it was my decision to do it. My patrol was 11 freshman including me, as well as two leaders, one sophomore, one junior. Summiting mountains was one of the most fulfilling moments in my life, and the climb and rappell phase (which I can't really find any pictures of myself doing for some reason) was nerve-wracking and really tested my limits. Click here for the album.

At this point I don't think there's much else to be said. Rest assured that I will not leave any of you hanging again, I promise I will return to these forums every so often.

Oh and P.S. I still have my Major Lazer skin. Since I've had it for so long I don't think I'll bother changing it.
Welcome back!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
How did you like the St. Vitus cathedral in Prague? I visited it last summer during a vacation trip to Prague, and despite having seen countless Romanesque and Gothic churches all over Europe, I was still very impressed with this specific church. The view from its towers was my favorite of all the sights in Prague, with the Vltava river bending through downtown Prague and into the fields sorrounding the city. Everything feels so medieval as well when you see it from the top of the towers.

What other places in Bohemia did you visit? I know the place is extremely rich on medieval history, with its historical ties to Austria and the Holy Roman Empire.

If you like medieval history, you should visit Nürnberg sometime. I went there this summer on my way back from Italy, and the downtown has an incredible dominant medieval feel to it. Every facade being many centuries old from Holy Roman Empire era, or even earlier. The downtown area feels just like a medieval town, especially during festivals. Unfortunately I did not spend that much time there, but as a lover of history I would recommend visiting it due to its medieval background and culture.

Oh, and most importantly, what Paradox game is your favorite?

Sorry about all the questions, but when I noticed that you are planning to major in history and that you were a fan of Paradox games, I just had to :D

Welcome back!