• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Griefing Question

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
If I put up a gold door on my house and someone griefs it and steals it would it be returned or would I be out 1 gold door despite the /pe ?

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
If I put up a gold door on my house and someone griefs it and steals it would it be returned or would I be out 1 gold door despite the /pe ?
1: Gold door? What's that?
2: If it's in Bastion and you PE it, I don't think the items are returned. The griefer would still be punished, though. If it isn't in Bastion, nothing would be done anyways.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
If you use gold in an unregioned area it's OK to be grief because gold is considered a rare block

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
hc.to/rules:

The following actions are permitted:

• Trading is allowed anywhere on the map, including Spawn.
  • Looting chests.
    • You may loot a chest anywhere.
      • To clarify, you may steal from noble plots.
  • Looting a player's corpse.
  • Destruction of rare blocks outside of towns and Spawn.
    • Rare blocks consist of diamond, gold, emerald, cracked-stone brick and mossy stonebricks.
  • Pvp is legal everywhere except inside some parts of Spawn and areas marked as no-pvp.
    • Chasing someone who is PVP tagged as they run into said areas is not covered by this rule.
  • Use Enderpearls and Blink to travel through small holes
  • Use of any functions of any Hero skills is allowed.
    • If any unwanted effects of a skill is observed, the skill will be removed or recoded. Otherwise, it is legal.
You can steal gold blocks.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
If you use gold in an unregioned area it's OK to be grief because gold is considered a rare block

I did not realize that until now - good thing someone said something :) Now if I put said door on my residency it would be protected but without a lwc anyone could open it. Correct ?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I did not realize that until now - good thing someone said something :) Now if I put said door on my residency it would be protected but without a lwc anyone could open it. Correct ?

No it would not lock unless you LWC it. They can open it, but if you place blocks on the other side of the door or in front of the door on your regioned area, they cannot break them to get in.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
No it would not lock unless you LWC it. They can open it, but if you place blocks on the other side of the door or in front of the door on your regioned area, they cannot break them to get in.

Correct by protected I meant against people stealing it - but they could open it and gain entrance without an lwc on it or some other form of protection (ie. blocks).

MegaRain95

Stone
So to clarify, removing the gold door is OK, as gold blocks are rare blocks. Gotcha. Gonna take rare blocks on sight. :)