• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Griefer: Strike System

Islestrike

Legacy Supporter 1
Most griefers are being punished on the 3 strike system I believe and I think it would be a good idea to add their names to a list that is published on the forums similar to the bounty list until it is available. Branding them as outlaws in game adding an extra punishment to the strike by putting them on a target list for bored rangers like myself. To make it more reasonable their names wouldnt be added to the outlaw list until they had 2 strikes since alot of newcomers make a mistake at getting their first strike.

R3xz

Glowstone
1st strike = warning
2nd strike = temp ban
3rd strike = perm ban

User can be skipped to 2nd or 3rd strike depend on the amount of griefing they did.

As for the list, I don't think it's fair for someone to be constantly harassed by other people. It totally takes away their opportunity to redeem themselves as a fair player again.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Most griefers are being punished on the 3 strike system I believe and I think it would be a good idea to add their names to a list that is published on the forums similar to the bounty list until it is available. Branding them as outlaws in game adding an extra punishment to the strike by putting them on a target list for bored rangers like myself. To make it more reasonable their names wouldnt be added to the outlaw list until they had 2 strikes since alot of newcomers make a mistake at getting their first strike.
Actually, this "strike" system is my personal system. :p

Basically what I do is:

1st strike I put them on my list with the /pe #
2nd strike I watch them closely, warn them and log the /pe #
3rd strike I tempban for 3 days, notify them and log the /pe #

Anything beyond 3rd strike is usually a permban

Again, this is just my personal system I use and has worked very well so far.

I NEVER give names away unless they're permbanned.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
My System?
If someone griefs - I roll back their entire actions to right before the grief ;) .... my highest block rollback so far has been 28k blocks :)

I hope one day to hit 50k

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm not adhering to any kind of strike system. Anyone with access to the Core forums will find a list I've been keeping (with some of the other staff) of every player found griefing and the petition numbers related to their acts. I deal with the griefers on a case-by-case basis, and I bring to the attention of the admins any players who I think need to be rolled back or banned. I believe this is how most of the mods are working.

Giving out the names of offenders that still play isn't germane to our current corrections system. I certainly won't start doing it, without admin permission.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
I'm not adhering to any kind of strike system. Anyone with access to the Core forums will find a list I've been keeping (with some of the other staff) of every player found griefing and the petition numbers related to their acts. I deal with the griefers on a case-by-case basis, and I bring to the attention of the admins any players who I think need to be rolled back or banned. I believe this is how most of the mods are working.

Giving out the names of offenders that still play isn't germane to our current corrections system. I certainly won't start doing it, without admin permission.
Yah; I don't give out names unless the user was banned.

If we gave out names I can already see it; "Hey *USERNAME*, you faggot newb! Why'd you grief my house!?"

Islestrike

Legacy Supporter 1
It would be nice to know who griefed your house but I wasnt suggesting that just suggesting they be added to a list of Griefers labeling them so everyone would know it would not list their specific offense and it would only apply to 2nd time offenders so the griefers could be easily known and outcasts of society.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
It would be nice to know who griefed your house but I wasnt suggesting that just suggesting they be added to a list of Griefers labeling them so everyone would know it would not list their specific offense and it would only apply to 2nd time offenders so the griefers could be easily known and outcasts of society.
Griefers will become "outcasts", in a sense, of the server itself; ostracization is not part of our corrections system.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
Just no. Even if the person did do something wrong and grief they are still entitled to be kept anonymous to stop discrimination against them. Honestly the only type of outcome I see out of this happening is a bad one. Firstly " easily known and outcasts of society". You are implying that we subject people to get abused and harassed by other members of the server. You may not mean that, but that's what will happen. And secondly the current system works fine. I don't see the point In changing it if it works fine.