• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Graveyards] Choice of Spawn

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
As I'm sure suggestions of this nature have been brought up in the bast, I suggest there is a way one can choose whether or not to respawn at a town graveyard or at spawn. Instead of respawning at actual spawn or town graveyard by default, instead respawning would put you in a small, instanced box that has two signs that allow you to choose which of the two spawn locations you were able to spawn at. Permissions would prevent players from spawning at town if they either don't have a town, or don't have the graveyard addon purchased.

Just a thought, give me some feedback. Not sure how hard this would be to code but I'd love to discuss this further because it is being really inconvenient to respawn at town when we forgot to toggle it off, or vice versa from spawn when we forgot to toggle it on.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As I'm sure suggestions of this nature have been brought up in the bast, I suggest there is a way one can choose whether or not to respawn at a town graveyard or at spawn. Instead of respawning at actual spawn or town graveyard by default, instead respawning would put you in a small, instanced box that has two signs that allow you to choose which of the two spawn locations you were able to spawn at. Permissions would prevent players from spawning at town if they either don't have a town, or don't have the graveyard addon purchased.

Just a thought, give me some feedback. Not sure how hard this would be to code but I'd love to discuss this further because it is being really inconvenient to respawn at town when we forgot to toggle it off, or vice versa from spawn when we forgot to toggle it on.
Well at the moment, you can toggle the spawn of GY or not... I'm fairly certain.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Well at the moment, you can toggle the spawn of GY or not... I'm fairly certain.
Yes, that's the issue. Of course you can toggle it, but I can't toggle it while I'm dead and I'm the only one as mayor who can toggle it. Town members have been complaining when I forget if it is toggled on or off when they're pvping at Diamond Castle, and it would just be convenient to have the option, once dead, to choose whether to spawn at town or at actual spawn. Rather than having to take the effort to make sure I'm online to toggle it on, or in the event I'm offline, it's as if I never bought the graveyard in the first place.

tl;dr, instead of having to toggle it, why not give each member the choice on a death by death basis? Makes things convenient and easier.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree, something should be put in place. Both last map and this map my town has not bought the graveyard add-on simply because of castle pvp and the fact that the mayor can't be on 24/7 to toggle it as needed.

thewhizkids

Soulsand
Towny members being able to INDIVIDUALY choose to spawn at thier town graveyard. or spawn. That would be nice

Byrozy

TNT
Can't we have it like the old system where players would spawn to the nearest graveyard from there death chest as it would be more convenient.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Or just build a box over spawn, and you either can teleport to your town from a sign for free (if you have the town graveyard,) or just jump down into spawn like Dragongarde's spawn was.