• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Grappling Hook Denfence

spiralz

Obsidian
What would you guys say is the best way to defend against someone using a grappling hook to scale a wall? My town uses a wall (town ceilings are for pussies), and we have noticed it is not too hard for a player to use grappling hook to get over. I am wondering if you know of any clever ways to make it more difficult for them to do this.

Also, what is the max. height a grappling hook can travel vertically (for Ninja and Ranger)?

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
easiest way is extend the wall out horizontally from top so they bonk their head and fall back down lol. For height, I dunno exactly but pretty sure its at least 40 blocks or so, I believe we are not supposed to build walls higher than 30 blocks so yeah, cant stop them from height alone.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Player detector and pistons. Make the wall go flush when they get close and they will fall to the ground (not tested :p)

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't think town ceilings are legal, undercities are, but not a roofed town. Also please use less caps. Lastly I believe a moat would offer a good defense vs grappling hooks as well.