• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Grappling hook change

Do you think this should be implemented

• Total voters
Change it to using a fishing rod.

Same reagents.
doesn't need bow, needs fishing rod.

I think this should happen because you do generally throw grappling hooks like a fishing rod, instead of shooting them. Next, an arrow with string attached to it can still go a far far distance, but string is still string, its not infinite, and fishing rods already have a built in thing so their fishing thing doesn't fly forever. Arrows don't get good purchase, unless you're shooting a tree, i don't see an arrow sticking into dirt, or stone, but something like a fishing hook can get stuck into a nook or cranny and pull you over. Pulling an arrow on a string will likely dislodge it, but the fishing rod string is attached to the rod.
I think that the skill should be passive to fishing rods, unless they land in water, and to have like a 5 sec cd to attach more string.
This or like make a skill
Convert grappling hook: it consumes a fishing rod and like 10-64 string and makes a grappling hook fishing rod with same uses as a fishing rod, so like 30~ shots.
then grappling hook use has no cd besides waiting for your fishing hook to land.
this can be used with like the custom items thing you guys have going, like how redstone blocks can be runestones.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Change it to using a fishing rod.

Same reagents.
doesn't need bow, needs fishing rod.

I think this should happen because you do generally throw grappling hooks like a fishing rod, instead of shooting them.

Why wouldn't an archer attach a grappling hook or even just put the whole bloody thing onto his bow and shoot it? It doesn't matter what people generally do... Rangers are skilled with bows, they better damn well be able to fire off a grappling hook.

Next, an arrow with string attached to it can still go a far far distance, but string is still string, its not infinite, and fishing rods already have a built in thing so their fishing thing doesn't fly forever.

The way grappling hook works, the line snaps after the arrow flies so far. If you think about it, what happens if you throw a line too far? You lose the other end. What if you shoot it too far? Same thing as before, or if you have it secured then the line snaps backwards/snaps completely if your arrows have THAT much velocity.

Arrows don't get good purchase, unless you're shooting a tree, i don't see an arrow sticking into dirt, or stone, but something like a fishing hook can get stuck into a nook or cranny and pull you over. Pulling an arrow on a string will likely dislodge it, but the fishing rod string is attached to the rod.

It's not uncommon for arrows that have different arrowheads (such as a grappling hook, for that matter) for the purpose of piercing differently material. Otherwise, the ranger is an impeccable archer, especially an advanced one (at level 60!), and if he can't pierce and stick arrows into dirt, trees, stones, and make it stick there, then what the hell kind of ranger is he?

You can stick this into walls and trees and "nooks and crannies" as you put it with this dinky little thing?
http://www.nefga.org/web/images/II.B5.jpg

then grappling hook use has no cd besides waiting for your fishing hook to land.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Additionally, fishing rods break so quickly it would only inconvenience Rangers and Ninjas.

The custom item grappling hook sounds like a cool idea. Otherwise... I think I will have to wholly disagree with you.
It's not also uncommon for archers or other bow-users to put their grappling hook onto their bow and fire it off in order to reach greater heights than they would otherwise be able to reach with the use of their arms.
It's not also uncommon for archers or other bow-users to put their grappling hook onto their bow and fire it off in order to reach greater heights than they would otherwise be able to reach with the use of their arms.

Why wouldn't an archer attach a grappling hook or even just put the whole bloody thing onto his bow and shoot it? It doesn't matter what people generally do... Rangers are skilled with bows, they better damn well be able to fire off a grappling hook.

The way grappling hook works, the line snaps after the arrow flies so far. If you think about it, what happens if you throw a line too far? You lose the other end. What if you shoot it too far? Same thing as before, or if you have it secured then the line snaps backwards/snaps completely if your arrows have THAT much velocity.

It's not uncommon for arrows that have different arrowheads (such as a grappling hook, for that matter) for the purpose of piercing differently material. Otherwise, the ranger is an impeccable archer, especially an advanced one (at level 60!), and if he can't pierce and stick arrows into dirt, trees, stones, and make it stick there, then what the hell kind of ranger is he?

You can stick this into walls and trees and "nooks and crannies" as you put it with this dinky little thing?
http://www.nefga.org/web/images/II.B5.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Additionally, fishing rods break so quickly it would only inconvenience Rangers and Ninjas.

The custom item grappling hook sounds like a cool idea. Otherwise... I think I will have to wholly disagree with you.
i think a metal hook attached to a reinforced string would stick into things, yes. Also, having a custom grappling arrow is different because it will change the trajectory of arrows, but minecraft arrows fly straight regardless.
Rangers should have to make the custom grappling arrows then with something that requires iron then. Btw, ur just thinking Ranger, wat about ninja?

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
custom grappling arrow is different because it will change the trajectory of arrows, but minecraft arrows fly straight regardless.
Rangers should have to make the custom grappling arrows then with something that requires iron then. Btw, ur just thinking Ranger, wat about ninja?

Oh, so you don't even play Ranger? I would suggest that you AT LEAST try it out on the test server before making blind suggestions... If you had, you would have realized that Grappling Hook arrows do NOT fly at the same trajectory as regular arrows.

The Ninja can use grappling hook well because they are skilled acrobats and are able to handle themselves well with a bow, but they cannot do much else with bows save for regular arrows. As a result, they can not fire their grappling hooks as far as rangers can. That is besides the point, however. Custom grappling arrows would be cool if possible, instead of just having individual reagents for the ability.

Oh, so you don't even play Ranger? I would suggest that you AT LEAST try it out on the test server before making blind suggestions... If you had, you would have realized that Grappling Hook arrows do NOT fly at the same trajectory as regular arrows.

The Ninja can use grappling hook well because they are skilled acrobats and are able to handle themselves well with a bow, but they cannot do much else with bows save for regular arrows. As a result, they can not fire their grappling hooks as far as rangers can. That is besides the point, however. Custom grappling arrows would be cool if possible, instead of just having individual reagents for the ability.
i realize that they do not fly the same trajectory. i mean that with a grappling arrow, unless the tip was made perfectly, it would lean towards a side and go sideways. i know its less powerful

Nayr1993

Glowing Redstone
What sense would it make for an arrow to tilt to the side? if it had a heavier arrowhead (said "grappling hook" arrow head), the front would just be weighed down (like it already is with the decreased trajectory).

please give reasons, not random hate. if you consider the difference in weight between a shard of flint and a grappling hook, should be more tilt than that, also, it wouldn't be as streamlined, and that tends to make things tilt to the side when u have air resistance.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
please give reasons, not random hate. if you consider the difference in weight between a shard of flint and a grappling hook, should be more tilt than that, also, it wouldn't be as streamlined, and that tends to make things tilt to the side when u have air resistance.

We've already given you PLENTY of reasons. We've already made it clear that this is not a good idea/we don't like it. If you continue to press this suggestion on everyone, which has already been widely rejected, you will only recieve "random" hate. You should really take Delf's suggestion and acquire more Herocraft experience before pressing so hard with all of these suggestions.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm not trying to be an ass... But you need to let this go. I understand that you're trying to help make this game better/more interesting, but the fact of the matter is that people don't agree with you. Asking for reasons from everyone who disagrees will not make them suddenly agree with you