• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Google map update?

Kaliven

Gold
changed topic title /Ilsyde/

We haven't seen a Google map update in about 2 and a half weeks, is it a ton of work to get one a new one? I know a lot of new towns have sprung up, and I want to make sure we're not too close to them before we become a kingdom.

Also I want to see our new rings from space =)

http://disposableheroes.net/map/

After that I'm going to start a project, that image labels the towns and lists their affiliations, IE is it top, KoE.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
RE: Small request (I hope)

The only person that can update the g-map is Haddy. (hes a CEO of a major company and works 14+ hour days I know)

1) we want to move to a BETTER system one that is EASIER and less resource intensive
2) we are semi-waiting on bmod to do it
3) in our current set up - it takes 3-4 hours to push a map release and publish it
4) we're human and we're sorry for the delays, even still it does show as a good directional map.

daimaru

Legacy Supporter 5

Cant you set a CRON job that runs the map generator script once week?

Kaliven

Gold

Kainzo said:
The only person that can update the g-map is Haddy. (hes a CEO of a major company and works 14+ hour days I know)

1) we want to move to a BETTER system one that is EASIER and less resource intensive
2) we are semi-waiting on bmod to do it
3) in our current set up - it takes 3-4 hours to push a map release and publish it
4) we're human and we're sorry for the delays, even still it does show as a good directional map.

Sorry did not mean to complain, was just curious, I'll make the minions scout around. I thought it was something simple like running a little.exe and moving a file, didn't realize it was so involved.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

It should be possible - though I would need to see the setup from haddy - I dont see why not.

You arent complaining - its just not something I know much about - Other than our first PNG file I made (but they werent googlemap size/area) ... so other than that I just dont know much about it - I could upload a still image in about 1 hour.

impulsepaci

Legacy Supporter 6

found wat haddy uses i hope if not better i hope lol

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tectonicus

dyble

Dirt

wow i didn't realize how much work went into updating the map. i always enjoyed looking at the map but now i will appreciate it even more. not that i have ever seen it in action but it does look like a nice layout.