• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Gold

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
So since gold was removed from currency it is pretty much worthless. It can be used for weapons but that's about it. I have some ideas that will make gold have some value.

1. Make gold pickaxes have a higher % to drop soul shards. it wouldn't be a big increase but it would be big enough that people would use gold pickaxes to mine but not so it is a money printer. There is only 33 uses on a gold pickaxe so it would run out pretty fast. It would decrease the supply of gold so the price would increase.

2. Make gold used heavily in advanced crafting. When it comes out gold could be in most crafting recipes lessening the supply and creating demand.

3. Finally gold should be a reagent for some skills. Most people by now have tons of gold. It could be a reagent for almost any skills. Runestones could be gold blocks instead of redstone blocks!

Ultanian

Portal
So since gold was removed from currency it is pretty much worthless. It can be used for weapons but that's about it. I have some ideas that will make gold have some value.
lol I have 2 stacks of unsmelted ore and 49 gold blocks:p

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I like the idea of gold bringing more souls you could extend it to gold weapons as well. I don't feel that gold pickaxes should be what brings mining for souls up to par with killing mobs, I feel they should have a similar drop rate by themselves but both offer better drop rates while using gold tools to get the job done.

I think the reagent for mark should be changed to gold bars.

I like the advanced crafting requiring gold in most of its costs.

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
Good post. Don't forget Gold items get enchanting bonus' and gold is needed for powered rails :)