• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Gold Sword Durability?

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok, I am sure.. almost 100% that this has been brought up. But, alas, the search system failed me again.

Why is the Gold Sword fall apart after fighting 2 mobs? Talking about a completely useless item that no on in their right mind would use for any reason other than perhaps a skill bind.

Is there a reason it's durability was set to "butter" ??

Oh btw:

I suggest that we increase the durability of a Gold Sword.

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
The gold sword is vanilla 33 uses, and I'm not sure you can increase the durability of it, sadly. I could be wrong though.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
The gold sword is vanilla 33 uses, and I'm not sure you can increase the durability of it, sadly. I could be wrong though.
you can,
It's only a little extra damage but yeah I agree the only reason anyone would use gold weapons is if there caster/healer (besides pyro and shaman and disc)

Moralsk

Gold
you can,
It's only a little extra damage but yeah I agree the only reason anyone would use gold weapons is if there caster/healer (besides pyro and shaman and disc)

Looking at bukkit API it seems you should be able to change durability. Kainzo said that for some reason they can't, can't recall what he said. Axe durability has brought this up before. Classes that use axes basically use an extra material to get half the uses out of their weapon, it really sucks.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Never played a genuine axe class, but they do need more durability. gold axes and shovels get like, what , 16 or so hits? Barely enough to kill someone. On a side note, rangers are awesome!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
should be about 50 for swords, 40 uses for shovels, and 60 uses for axes, as in 80 for shovel, and 120 for axes (cause the "misuse" of the tool). even though its still low, most classes have insane damage with gold weapons, now if you pair that with sharpness (unavailable on shovels and axes), you can deal around 80 damage as a ninja/runeblade with only a few strength, per left click. so the tradeoff for more damage, is that more materials are supplied. also! if you pair unbreaking with it, you can more than double it, however, we cannot use unbreaking as an excuse NOT to increase the durability.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Ok, I am sure.. almost 100% that this has been brought up. But, alas, the search system failed me again.

Why is the Gold Sword fall apart after fighting 2 mobs? Talking about a completely useless item that no on in their right mind would use for any reason other than perhaps a skill bind.

Is there a reason it's durability was set to "butter" ??

Oh btw:

I suggest that we increase the durability of a Gold Sword.
They're mostly used for bursts of extra damage for melee classes. They're not designed to be long lasting, in short it's mostly a PvP weapon used in tournaments.

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
Wow, what @mikehk and @Danda wrote makes sense. So, basic understanding, Diamonds are choice for PVE and Gold for PVP/Tournaments. At HIGHER level (yeah, still a noob) it does insane damage with skills (burst) used primarily for PVP or perhaps extra DPS during a boss fight?

Thanks for the answers and works for me. Diamonds it is.

Oh.. I have ask.
What good is Gold then in the trade community?
Also, where are these tournaments? I wanna see some gladiator fights !!!! Where is the Arena ??

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Wow, what @mikehk and @Danda wrote makes sense. So, basic understanding, Diamonds are choice for PVE and Gold for PVP/Tournaments. At HIGHER level (yeah, still a noob) it does insane damage with skills (burst) used primarily for PVP or perhaps extra DPS during a boss fight?

Thanks for the answers and works for me. Diamonds it is.

Oh.. I have ask.
What good is Gold then in the trade community?
Also, where are these tournaments? I wanna see some gladiator fights !!!! Where is the Arena ??
We used to have monthly tournaments but they've kind of fallen through recently due to lack of time on my part as I'm one of the few staff members still active enough to run them. The tournaments are usually held on a separate server with a highly reduced map to reduce lag from unnecessary bloat from Sign text and other things that would be rendered for the clients in spawn (where we previously hosted them)

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
Sounds awesome, can't wait to see one of them tournaments. Thanks for the help in understanding the "butter" of gold.