• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Going to be around a lot less

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm finding less and less time to get online, and realistically I need to get off my ass in my spare time and do more constructive things anyway, so I'm letting everyone know that I'll be around alot less. I'll still hop online on weekends as I can, but don't expect me to be terribly active until I've got a new job. The job market around here is shit and I'm starting to have to look for a job in other areas, which means relocation if I find one.

This requires a lot of time and attention, and Minecraft just isn't that important in comparison.

I'll see you guys around, hopefully I'll have more luck soon before all my funds dry up.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm finding less and less time to get online, and realistically I need to get off my ass in my spare time and do more constructive things anyway, so I'm letting everyone know that I'll be around alot less. I'll still hop online on weekends as I can, but don't expect me to be terribly active until I've got a new job. The job market around here is shit and I'm starting to have to look for a job in other areas, which means relocation if I find one.

This requires a lot of time and attention, and Minecraft just isn't that important in comparison.

I'll see you guys around, hopefully I'll have more luck soon before all my funds dry up.
Good luck Dagoth, I know the market is tough but you're a smart guy

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Good luck man! See you on the flipside!

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
Is it bad that I'm honestly considering moving out of country just to find a damned job? >.< Then again, i did always want to live in either Scotland, Sweden, or Germany. Meh, maybe sometime this next decade.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
Well, got an interview, but it's a 2 hour commute one way. I'll see what salary they are going to offer, it's a marketing company looking to bring in and train new managers from scratch for a corporate re-alignment. If the pay is good enough to compensate that much gas daily, I'll take it and see about getting the wife a job up there too so we could get a local apartment.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
Actually Sweden is my 1st choice, beautiful area. the wife wants Scotland the most though.lol

And I'm not 100% sure on this interview, but I'll go to it to see what they want/offer. It's a 2 hour commute, so either the pay will be amazing, or they'll help relocate me and my family, or else I may as well flip burgers at a local McDonald's and make more given the price of gas.lol

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
Good lucking finding something that works.
Also, I just figured out how to say your name! :)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Dagooooooooo you're house is in the way of my new fancy lava wall. In your absence, i might have to do something about your house, but when you get back, we will work together to fix things and change your plot so it's as big as it once was!

I highly doubt we will remove any blocks from it, and if we do we will keep them in a safe place for your return!

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
Oh, and interview at Office Depot today for a Tech job *fingers crossed* I'm down to my last $70 in the world and starting to panic.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
If it's too bad go throw apps at mc donalds and shit. Just start throwing applications all over the place so you can at least keep a small bit of cash flowin while you look for a real job on the side.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
I have been. Being over-qualified sucks because the cheap jobs know you'll leave if something better comes along.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
and @whitemagehealu, already live with the parents. We've been renting out their basement for a couple years, but luckily I have the coolest parents in the world (both are IT and both are gamers, so we have alot of fun), my mom does tons of couponing so the wife helps with that to do her part for us while I'm looking for a new job.

Looking at the economy, I've gotta say moving to Germany or Sweden is looking better and better. I had an inquiry from a starting-up game development company in Sweden last week because a few of their team had played my Sobitur Facility mod for Morrowind and wanted me to come on as a Quest/Dungeon designer, but the pay is SUUUUPER low and I don't have the means to get myself to Sweden atm. I told them if they could up the pay and get at least me, if not my family, over the Sweden I could crash on a company couch and work some until I can get a few paychecks in and get an apartment and fly the family over. Haven't heard back yet, but I'm hoping hard.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
And to make things worse on the local economy, one of the two bridges connecting Southern Indiana to Louisville KY is now closed down because of a huge crack in one of the main supports, turning a normally 30 minute drive into a 3-5 hour drive. So that kills me getting any job across the river for the foreseeable future. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.