• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Gluzz's ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gluzz

Glowing Redstone
IGN: Gluzz
Banned by: Danda
Time of ban: Friday, November 23rd at 7:00 pm EST
Reason for ban: Mindless griefing
Your story: I put lava in a cave in the middle of nowhere. Not near anyones structure, not owned by anyone. I was planning on upgrading my vip and I was going to put my personal region in there, hidden in the lava. Danda can probably remember me asking him about how long it takes to get vip earlier today. Apparently I can't do that. I talked to Danda and he said I am getting a 3 day ban for this. In the enforcement section on the rules, both on the forums, and on the wiki, it states that first time someone breaks a rule it is a warning. Then a 3 day ban. I have never broken one rule.

I was not griefing. I am not a griefer. I would never break a rule on purpose. I don't think this ban is legitamate. When I was telling this to Danda in teamspeak, he eventually just said read the first line of the wiki then he just left. The first line of the wiki is "Server staff retain the right to kick, ban, or close access to any or all users of Herocraft Online Services at any time." He then just left the chat.

So I don't actually know what this ban is for specifically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danda Due to the fact that I can't reply to my own ban appeal I'll be editing this one.

1. It does not take more than 10 minutes to clean that up. It takes one command using Hawk Eye (the anti griefing plugin). I forgive you though, you're the new admin.

2. You quoted like 5% of the conversation we had in teamspeak. If you scrolled down, you would see I even said I was putting the lava there to hide the region I was going to put there later.

3. You say "the offence is large enough". You must be joking. I was putting a lava defence around somewhere I was going to put my region, to prevent people from trying to glitch in. It is in the middle of nowhere.

4. Yeah, people were using it as a dark room and nothing was being done about it. Why do you think I would put my region 3000 blocks away from my base? To prevent people from using it as a dark room and to allow me to claim the land, to allow me to cover it in lava and fill it in with stone.

It seems you are banned me because you are confused on the entire thing. Danda

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danda ok, don't respond if I "continue to lie" I can assure you I'm not.

./he rollback p:Gluzz a:block-place r:35 t:3h <-- This would undo the placement of lava.
./he rollback r:35 a:lava-flow t:3h <-- this would undo the flowing of the lava.

OCJrT.png

You don't seem to understand how it works. This plugin can do anything. I don't know why you would rollback someones base though. I was putting lava everywhere and I was slowly going to build up the walls to eventually create a giant box surrounded by lava.

I did not put lava over a 70x70 area. It was much smaller than that, stop exagerating. And when did I say I'm putting a 10x10x10 region there?? Tier 8 donators get a total area of 43,264 total blocks to protect. You're telling me that a 70x70 area is too much to build in when I'm going to protect the whole thing.

And apparently I didn't mention the region in that one conversation, sorry for that. But now I am mentioning it, again. So this should clear things up.Danda

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
First off you claim here that you were only putting lava there for your personal region yet in your PM conversation with me in teamspeak you stated that you did it to get rid of a dark room.
<00:02:06> "Danda": Mindless griefing of the wilderness is against the rules
<00:02:16> "Danda": Read the rules next time
<00:02:38> "Gluzz": it was a dark room
<00:02:43> "Gluzz": people were using it to level
<00:02:59> "Danda": then you petition it and let the staff handle it
<00:03:12> "Gluzz": I've said before that people are leveling in it
<00:03:18> "Gluzz": but I rarely get a responce
You also seem to claim that it's not against the rules. Please read 4.4 of this quote which is taken from our rules thread on the forums.
Griefing
4 Griefing may be defined as:​
4.1 Breaking into areas otherwise impossible to enter.​
4.2 Destroying blocks in another player's structure.​
4.2.1 Destroying blocks in pursuit of another player is acceptable if blocks are replaced.​
4.3 Placing blocks in or around a structure which you do not own.​
4.4 Mindlessly destroying the landscape​
4.5 Leaving abusive messages in any form.​
4.6 Teleporting group members to your person and engaging in hostile actions against said group members.​
I didn't just randomly quote that line of the wiki page. I quoted it in response to you claiming that you shouldn't have been banned instantly. That you should have received a warning first. Me quoting that was me telling you that the staff retain the right to escalate to a ban without prior warnings if we feel the offence is large enough.

Personally If it takes me over 10 minutes to clear out the lava griefing that more than warrants a 3 day ban.

So in conclusion I will not be lifting your ban early because you've either lied to me or you've lied in your ban appeal and you're trying to worm your way out of this suspension by attempting to skew the rules in your favor.

Good Luck and see you in 3 days.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
1. It does not take more than 10 minutes to clean that up. It takes one command using Hawk Eye (the anti griefing plugin). I forgive you though, you're the new admin.

2. You quoted like 5% of the conversation we had in teamspeak. If you scrolled down, you would see I even said I was putting the lava there to hide the region I was going to put there later.

3. You say "the offence is large enough". You must be joking. I was putting a lava defence around somewhere I was going to put my region, to prevent people from trying to glitch in. It was in the middle of nowhere.

4. Yeah, people were using it as a dark room and nothing was being done about it. Why do you think I would put my region 3000 blocks away from my base? To prevent people from using it as a dark room and to allow me to claim the land.

It seems you are banned me because you are confused on the entire thing. Danda
1. Using Hawkeye to rollback you placing the lava source will not rollback the lava flow
2. Here's the whole chat logs. I'm not seeing the part where you mention the region or lava defence.
<00:01:36> "Danda": go on I'd love to see your explaination for this
<00:01:52> "Gluzz": I don't understand why I'm banned for putting lava in a cave
<00:01:57> "Gluzz": I'm assuming that's it
<00:02:06> "Danda": Mindless griefing of the wilderness is against the rules
<00:02:16> "Danda": Read the rules next time
<00:02:38> "Gluzz": it was a dark room
<00:02:43> "Gluzz": people were using it to level
<00:02:59> "Danda": then you petition it and let the staff handle it
<00:03:12> "Gluzz": I've said before that people are leveling in it
<00:03:18> "Gluzz": but I rarely get a responce
<00:03:30> "Danda": I've not seen a single petition and I do about 80% of petitions
<00:03:40> "Gluzz": I never made a petition
<00:03:44> "Gluzz": I /tell the staff
<00:03:46> "Danda": exactly
<00:03:52> "Danda": ALWAYS MAKE PETITIONS
<00:04:27> "Gluzz": it's a cave....
<00:04:52> "Gluzz": how long am I banned for...
<00:05:25> "Danda": don't like the concequences then don't break the rules. 3 Days
<00:05:33> "Gluzz": wait
<00:05:34> "Gluzz": pls
<00:05:39> "Gluzz": it's thanksgiving break...
<00:05:46> "Gluzz": I rarely have free time like this
<00:06:10> "Danda": tbh you're lucky I didn't ban you for longer
<00:06:12> "Gluzz": It says in the rules the first time is just a warning
<00:06:19> "Gluzz": I have never broken any rules
<00:06:37> "Gluzz": it says the second time is a 3 day ban
<00:07:15> "Gluzz": I've helped out this server a lot....
<00:07:17> "Danda": first line of the rules page on the wiki
<00:07:18> "Danda": Server staff retain the right to kick, ban, or close access to any or all users of Herocraft Online Services at any time.
<00:07:29> "Gluzz": pls I've brought a huge playerbase over to the server
<00:07:34> "Gluzz": cut me some slack
<00:07:45> "Gluzz": I try to be a good player in general
<00:07:59> "Gluzz": I understand that it's your choice
<00:11:12> "Gluzz": I can't find where it says I can't put lava in a cave
<00:11:21> "Gluzz": owned by nobody
<00:13:12> "Gluzz": you there?
<00:16:21> "Gluzz": Are the people that were using it as a dark room getting banned?
<00:17:29> "Gluzz": I don't understand why I haven't received a warning
<00:17:34> "Gluzz": instead of a 3 day ban
<00:17:43> "Gluzz": I clearly have only done one thing wrong
<00:17:50> "Gluzz": which is supposed to be a warning
<00:19:15> "Gluzz": And I wouldn't consider wilderness
3. You do not need to place lava over a 70 block area for a 10x10x10 region.

Since you're continuing to Lie in your appeal I will not be responding again.

You will be automatically unbanned in 3 days. See you then.

Status
Not open for further replies.