• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Global Mute Appeal: GibbyTheCreator

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
IGN: GibbyTheCreator

Muted by: @xexorian

Time of mute: 10-:35PM

Server/Channel: all of them

Reason for mute: Literally said "hey donal, lick my ass"

Your story: A member of our town was banned for leaving blocks outside of a town saying "lick my ass". I understand why he got banned, we all do(we being the members of LazyTown in discord at the time), but we also thought it was kinda funny. He spent more time on this than any of us have on any building for the past 5 days. So to carry on the joke from our discord, I put in O chat "hey donal, lick my ass" and I was instantly globally muted. No warning, no prior mutes this map, no rules broken(at least, rules that are actively enforced; if I did break certain rules then 90% of the server should be gmuted) instantly muted for ONE line. Every single day people are spamming more disgusting, racist, offensive things in chat, a lot of the time not even jokes, and nobody even blinks. But the fact that I'm apart of this group and we were poking fun at something that Xexorian did instantly gets me punished. There has been a consistent bias from Xexorian against our group since this map has started, and until now it hasn't bothered me enough to say anything about it. I understand he doesn't like us, but if any other players on the server said the same thing they would not be punished like we were. I don't care if staff has players that they like more, as they are people and they were players at one point, but it shouldn't make the server more frustrating for the other groups. If I'm honest about what I did, it's not going to matter. If I play dumb and just say "oh, I didn't even know what BeasttReacon did" I haven't broken any rules to anyone's knowledge, yet my punishment would still stick. The rules are so ambiguous and the fact that they can be bent so far to take out anger on players you don't like is unfair. I get it, I troll sometimes, I piss people off, people don't like me, but that shouldn't matter. I don't attack people. Staff is always telling people to /ignore, so why does that not apply here? If it's getting under your skin so much, say something, ask us to fuck off even, that's fine. But this was just completely out of nowhere, which is why it's so aggravating.

This is a direct quote from the wiki:
" Enforcement These are general guidelines. Certain steps may be skipped depending on the rule broken. Warnings will be given for any infringement as follows: First warning: Player receives a warning. Second warning: Player receives a 3-day suspension. Third warning: Player receives a 1-week suspension. Fourth warning: Player receives a 1-month suspension. Fifth warning: Player receives a permanent ban. "

Certain steps may be skipped depending on the rules broken, which is all fine and dandy, but what I said wasn't even toxic. I was making a joke to someone I've played with for 3 years, while at the same time poking fun at an admin. It's not an attack, it's not me harassing anyone, I'm not tarnishing anyone's reputation or slandering their name, I'm trolling. Simple as that. I'm sure that discussing bans in public chats is something that will be used against me, but once again this is such an ambiguous rule that it can mean anything depending on the mood that a staff member is in. 95% of the server would think nothing of me saying lick my ass in O chat. it's harmless trolling, especially so because I said it to someone who was in on the joke. Yesterday a player asked me to kill myself in real life and record it so I can send it to him, all occurring in O chat, but nothing was done by any staff. I killed a player yesterday and I was directly harassed in PMs for 20 minutes, including this guy digging through everything I've posted on this forum and directly attacking me with it. Someone was directly insulting Kainzo, the owner of this server, using racist and homophobic slurs as well as just generally rude comments, and he was given a warning.

Our group of players is not 1 person. We are being treated as if we are all a singular entity, when each of us is a singular case. Another player calling someone a gorilla should not be grouped with me saying "lick my ass", even though it's how it's being handled. We all troll to a certain extent, but we are all different people. I don't attack people in chat, I say things that I know will provoke a response from people but the things I type are NOT harmful. I have not had an offense against me in a long time, so having a troll comment reacted to so impulsively considering the circumstances is so blatantly unfair.

I get that myself and the town I'm in are considered the "bad guys" to a lot of players, but that shouldn't apply to us when it comes to rules. If one of us gets banned, it shouldn't reflect on all of us, in staff's eyes at least (as once again, we are all seperate players). If someone in our town breaks a rule, we shouldn't lose our right to a warning because we piss off other people on the server. At the end of the day, I know that there's a very good chance this appeal won't be taken seriously, but as someone who has spent a lot of time on Herocraft and has had a lot of fun over the past 6 years, seeing the general dislike for our group spread into staff and giving us unjustified treatment is frankly disappointing.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
This was your warning shot. I respect you for your post and for putting in the time and effort, however I will say that I was not angry. I will be taking an active stance to this type of behavior since the new map has released and I have more time from inactivity. Trolling is fine, but passive aggressive trolling 24/7 nonstop becomes toxic. Take a break, learn when it fits. Immediately retorting a ban is very uncool. A lot of you know this and you constantly push our buttons. I pushed mine, what's the big deal? You got a mute for misbehaving and disrespecting staff. Own it. Even others said y'all were being sassy, and while that in and of itself is not a crime on a normal basis -- this is constant angsty bantering from the same group for the past several years. I don't hate any of you in particular, I don't even get mad at you guys. I simply enforce the rules. Some of these rules are judgement rules, when we as staff feel you guys have gone too far, or in this case, going on for too long. Keep it to a minimum next time, and you along with your townmates will not have a problem from us.

Furthermore, I did not do a lot of the things you and your folks claim.
I did infact immediately temp mute everyone repeating the insulting slander at the time of the incident. (this includes you, and several others)
Everyone bringing up the mutes and 6 hour ban were temp muted after being asked to stop and didn't. (others)
Everyone who kept bickering about and repeating the conversation to be snide were temp muted after being asked to stop. (yet again, others)
Then we had members from your town specifically logging in to whine and complain about it, and after all was said and done, threatening me to go to other staff to seek a different judgement, insulting me, and then still discussing the ban and 'equal opportunity' as his townmates who were muted. He had more than enough time to stop after being asked to do so, and just like your history, and theirs, did not learn.

These conditions befell you and your townmates because you all were trolling. Several others were involved but you did not notice because you were not talking to them in voice chat.

Later tonight I unmuted some of them. For others, they got their first warnings. It's as simple as that. It's a staff matter, Stop discussing it, stop trying to make people look bad, stop thinking you're the staff and have a say on how we moderate our server. If you think you can moderate better than us, try applying for a staff position. The reason your group is targeted in your opinion is because you guys literally have nothing better to do than troll and harrass players, piss them off as much as you can for kicks, and while that is part of the PvP experience in many games, and we normally try to refrain from intervening. Distinguishing these between these events and those events that have happened is part of why you were muted along with several others. It's worth noting these were all temporary measures -- and that in this event you (and your mates) were trolling a staff member for punishing another member of your town for breaking the rules. Maybe you thought it was harmless, but I can assure you that it is unwise to make light of any of our moderators or admins and our enforcement of the rules we've set forth to the community.

We don't moderate everything because we can't always be there to see it. I agree that this can grant the illusion of bias, between that and the fact that we all are human and interpret the rules to our own extents, I will say that they are not ambiguous enough that you cannot distinguish between what they say you can and cannot get by with. That said... We like to give people room here, and space to enjoy our community, but when you have multiple people in one large group all trolling one side or the other, it deserves and requires moderation to keep the peace.

Our goal isn't to setup a world where you guys can kill and run off everyone that joins, and then troll them and make them break the rules to get them banned. Our goal is to setup a fair and legitimate environment that nurtures the growth of our role playing game experience. Please take my words into consideration next time before you accuse me, or other staff of favortism, being biased, or powertripping.

You are responsible for your own actions. No one else.

Consider this your first infraction, further rule breaking will result in a more severe punishment. If you haven't please take the time to fully read the rules located here: HC.TO/RULES

You may also feel free to report people you think are breaking the rules to us via PM or /PE and submitting evidence. If you think it's too much of a hassle then don't complain about it. Treat us with respect, and you will be treated with respect. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.