• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Global Market.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/global-market/

There's a good chance we're posting this plugin to Survival RPG. It will change a lot of things we've had the same over Herocraft. Namely physical chest shop locations.

It will increase the usefulness of Merchants quite a bit. What are your feelers on the matter? I'm asking the server because I want to know what you think.

We will be granting permission nodes to the necessary professions and the in-game item-mailing ability to Merchants.

Basic Setup:
An "Exchange" or "Auction House" stall is created. Players click on the stall (Chest or sign) and they open up the Market browser.

A mailbox is created where players can click on it to open their mail. Staff can place mailboxes and stalls anywhere they want, but it'll probably be in a central location, with mailboxes being in / near GY's for better support for Merchants who can "send" you items to your mailbox.

When a person goes to spawn, they can click on the stall to buy an item, when they purchase it, a cut is taken from the seller and given to the almighty tax-gods. The user will have to check their mailbox to receive the newly acquired item.

Merchants would get these new abilities:
  • Black Market Postings (Bypass the fee for posting items)
  • Send to Mailbox (Allow /market send <player>) to send a player items so they can retrieve it from a mailbox.
We COULD grant them:
  • Market stall creation
  • Mailbox creation
But I feel that may be overpowered and abused since there's no restrictions on placing either and it could lag the server.

Bravo!

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Looks really cool. Watched a few videos on it.

I have not been able to see if each player needs their own mailbox, or if you can set one, and have any player use it.

Best way I see this working is just like WoW or any other RPG. Only be able to access it in major areas. IE: the TD. On adventure only have it in major towns.
Also to restrict where mailboxes are to be in major areas as well.

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
I like it. It would be nice to have multiple markets around the map, so one must travel a little to trade. Otherwise it's like shopping on Amazon. Maybe restrict access to certain market until requirements are met. Town member only markets, PVP markets that would require a certain kill to death ratio, or a black market that requires one to be of a rouge class. Allowing them to sell items tagged stolen. Something like that. Oh, and mail boxes should be able to send letters, so one can message offline players. Not everyone checks the forums on the regular, and you never know if your signs have been read or grieved. Just a thought. Look forward to the update.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Only able to read the page for it but it sounds really cool. Interested to see how the market would change with this.

Also mailbox op.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
If I read it correctly, (and I may have missed something that explains this) every single item that is being sold will show up on that menu. If the entire server population is able to post items, and I'm sure we will see a ton of worthless items posted, then I feel like it could get too crowded.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If I read it correctly, (and I may have missed something that explains this) every single item that is being sold will show up on that menu. If the entire server population is able to post items, and I'm sure we will see a ton of worthless items posted, then I feel like it could get too crowded.
There's a search and sort function already.

Domainoft

Coal
Looks great. Will require lots of testing so we don't massively break the economy. Would be able to adapt the professions to only be able to sell there kind goods still. I like that part of your economy now.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Looks great. Will require lots of testing so we don't massively break the economy. Would be able to adapt the professions to only be able to sell there kind goods still. I like that part of your economy now.
Unfortunately, per item good selling permissions aren't supported.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Basic Setup:
An "Exchange" or "Auction House" stall is created. Players click on the stall (Chest or sign) and they open up the Market browser.

A mailbox is created where players can click on it to open their mail. Staff can place mailboxes and stalls anywhere they want, but it'll probably be in a central location, with mailboxes being in / near GY's for better support for Merchants who can "send" you items to your mailbox.

When a person goes to spawn, they can click on the stall to buy an item, when they purchase it, a cut is taken from the seller and given to the almighty tax-gods. The user will have to check their mailbox to receive the newly acquired item.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Merchants would get these new abilities:
  • Black Market Postings (Bypass the fee for posting items)
  • Send to Mailbox (Allow /market send <player>) to send a player items so they can retrieve it from a mailbox.
We COULD grant them:
  • Market stall creation
  • Mailbox creation
But I feel that may be overpowered and abused since there's no restrictions on placing either and it could lag the server.

Domainoft

Coal
I like it so far, seems like a great way to sell items that you have one of. Or don't mind posting often. Are you planning on keeping the current sign shops also. They seem better suited toward selling the same item over and over..Like Eff IV Unbr III Picks or Stacks of Eggs. Which would fill up an enchanters mailbox rather quickly.

On that note, I have shops set up in our town that buy Soul shards from players, saving them a trip to TD. Then I just make 1 trip and sell everyone's shards refilling my money balance whenever I would make a trip normally.