• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

GlitchStolen Items Not Returned - Needs To Be Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm writing this up to adress the issue of stolen items due to glitching and those items not being returned. I'm going to be as polite and respectful as I can, because trust me I have nothing but respect for Kainzo and all those who spend hours making this server the best Minecraft server out there.

I know many have complained about it, and the issue has been brushed aside, but I really do think this is an issue that is causing harm to the server. I know @Kainzo will say he is not returning items, no matter what, that if you return one person's items then everyone will be wanting them back. I say they should be returned, all of them, if they were stolen due to glitching. It would take a lot of man power to do that, but you have many, including myself, willing to step up and do just that.

I've known veteran players who have quit because of this issue, and a massive number who feel, like I do, that it's unfair that stolen items due to glitching are not returned. I have seen some leave because of it, ones I think the server is a better place because they are here.

WorldGuard is not perfect, obviously, and people can get into regioned areas, but the fact is that the victims of glitching are being punished as well. If there werent cheaters on the server then items in regioned areas would be protected completely, why should cheaters be allowed to change how we play the game? Why should cheaters be allowed to fuck over an entire town by stealing what they spent hours, days, or weeks collecting?

We're careful, we use doors, we place blocks in door ways, we use LWC'd doors. We build towns, collect items, and strive towards a town or personal region. And when we do finally earn a region, you're telling us it's useless. What other purpose is a region then to protect yourself and items? You already protect us from griefing, without need of a region, so what else is there?

When something like this happens to a person, or a town, it sets you back hours, days. It's like erasing all the work we've put into a server that we love, and it makes even the most die hard HeroCraft Vets think about leaving the server. Even a Hardcore server should protect it's users against cheaters.

Anyways, my thoughts are a mess, nothing above is really a complete thought, but I think you get the idea. The issue is real. If anyone reading got this far, tell me your opinion. Should the rule of 'No refunds no matter what' be changed, or should it stay? Use your IGN so I can add you to the list!

Barnubus
KanJam49
Aceshooter11
Trizze
RumpTroll
Howdanrocks
MajorasMask
Purenrgiii
nafets121
EtKEnn

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
Change it.
if items were obtained via breaking the rules, exploiters should earn ban/temp removal from game as per rules.
Items gained via said exploit should be returned to the user that lost them.

This would have to be reviewed on case by case basis, how long the user has been on heroccraft, how much trouble the user has been in, behavior etc.

Working hard for items an losing them in lava, or a furnace glitch is understandable. but having your stuff jacked cause someone abused game play to get them... yeah.. change it..

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
WorldGuard is a plugin made and run outside HeroCraft.
The best we can do is ask them to change it or fix it but they dont have to.
So while we use it, we follow our rules.
( sides HeroCraft coders/programmers/admins are bit busy as is patching fixing , and making the server better for all of us. they got a realllly full plate being a new map and all )

Just cause you can exploit doesn't mean you should.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
LWC - 100% protection since 2010. We cannot account for all bugs/issues/exploits - nor will we be reimbursing items for shit Bukkit won't fix.

We will ensure exploiters are punished but again, we don't have the manpower to reimburse for every bug/exploit/glitch loss of items - loss happens, you have various methods to protect against it on most circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.