• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Glitching through walls

Ribido

Coal
I logged in this morning and saw two raiders in my town. I quickly checked all my doors and saw that i had no openings so I went back to crafting. Instantly the player azza1070 teleported through my walls next to my LWC and started killing me and my friend. I'm not sure if there's some spell that lets you do this but I'm not sure how they did this.

Ribido

Coal
Someone in open chat just said that you can only do that if you destroy the block and blink before it respawns (and that is bannable?)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Actually no, the spell blink doesnt allow porting through walls - that is not the intent of this skill or server.

The SPELL blink allows the user to teleport within X blocks but not THROUGH anything.

We'll be doing more tests on this to fix any possible abuse - please report any that you see.

Ribido

Coal
Reported via a /pe I'm logging for the evening. Nithrak was also a witness if you need any information from him.

RedKhan

Soulsand
This has happened to my town several times. Last week was the last occurrence I think.

Huffatron

Legacy Supporter 4
As far a i know blink only goes through walls if there is a 1x1 hole in it. Charge on the other hand will go through floors and ceilings.

Solethia

Legacy Supporter 3
Huffatron, as mentioned earlier you can abuse the block respawn time and blink through right after destroying a block. Of cause this is exploitation of the system, but that hardly ever stopped anyone from doing it.

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah District 101 has been having this same problem very recently. Its hard to prove and we only suspect that this has been happening.

I just hope it can be proved via logs..

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
What about Groupteleport? It does take time but I know and have done a tactic where a town has been left open, I go in and set my Mark, and later recall and Groupteleport a party into the town.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Dom's example isn't exploiting the same way that blink and charge have been.

Dunno, as it is, it isn't fair. Needs tweaking without breaking mark/recall for everyone in the town.
But I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed at all.

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
guys when a person blinks through a house that has no openings, opens gates that the sign is not on the side they are on, opens bridges thats the signs are on the opposite side of the wall, thats exploiting, plan and simple,

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Why not make blink have like a second or so moment to work, so the destroyed block will have time to reappear before they can blink

RedKhan

Soulsand
^ That could be a good temp solution, although it does make Blink less powerful, a delay of a second would do it probably, just enough time for blocks to re-appear (Unless it's super laggy).

microsim

Legacy Supporter 7
Actually no, the spell blink doesnt allow porting through walls - that is not the intent of this skill or server.

The SPELL blink allows the user to teleport within X blocks but not THROUGH anything.

We'll be doing more tests on this to fix any possible abuse - please report any that you see.

Does this only apply to "solid" blocks, or are leaf blocks and other "non-solid" included in this too?