• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Glitch with Herocraft / my Client

drshocking

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey everyone,

I just re-downloaded minecraft yesterday and got into Herocraft again today. When I first joined the server today I had no issues. Then, when I entered my friends town about 30min later everything suddenly got laggy. I type something in chat, and it appears about 3-5min later if at all. People dont move and I can destroy regioned blocks and run around for about 5-8 minutes before getting warped back to my start point by the lag. I re-installed Minecraft but same issue. No one else was having any issues so Im thinking its client-side but I cant figure it out. The only thing Ive done is HD patch the game.

Thoughts? Help?

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Generic ideas: Allocate ram, try optifine, check connection ( torrents, etc)

No idea what it might be, but I haven't noticed any serious lag on the server. If it's getting several minutes of lag like that, I'd think it's your connection causing the problem.

@tech support

drshocking

Legacy Supporter 3
I thought about that, except that I am running on average 15mbps when I test my speed and the only other application I have open is Ventrilo. What's Optifine and how do I individually allocate ram? Ive got 6GB DDR3 good to go.

Thanks for your help.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Rememmber not to allocate all or most of you RAM, otherwise you computer goes x.x
:D
If you put optifine in with more RAM you can get SUPER SPEEDS!
Or atleast alittle FPS increase :p

I went from 250-350 FPS clean client to 260-350 FPS with optifine, So it didnt help me much :D
Then again I did have everything, and I mean EVERYTHING on max :D, far veiw = game killer.