• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Ghast Damage

Rida_

TNT
I held off on reporting this, because I wasn't sure if ti was intended or not, but it seems a bit excessive.

Now, a normal, direct hit by a ghast deals standard damage. At the place I am now in the nether, it deals about 100 dmg with 50 weight worth of armor. This is a normal, sane amount. The problem occurs with a near miss. In this case, the damage goes up significantly. What prompted me to post this was a ghast one-shotting a zombie pigman, dealing literally over 2k in a singe hit. Shorty thereafter, it hit me for 784 damage. This has been true for a couple of days now, but it is still a fairly recent change.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I held off on reporting this, because I wasn't sure if ti was intended or not, but it seems a bit excessive.

Now, a normal, direct hit by a ghast deals standard damage. At the place I am now in the nether, it deals about 100 dmg with 50 weight worth of armor. This is a normal, sane amount. The problem occurs with a near miss. In this case, the damage goes up significantly. What prompted me to post this was a ghast one-shotting a zombie pigman, dealing literally over 2k in a singe hit. Shorty thereafter, it hit me for 784 damage. This has been true for a couple of days now, but it is still a fairly recent change.
That sounds a tad odd. Your saying a "Near Miss" ( We will say 1 block off ) deals more damage than a direct impact?

Rida_

TNT
That sounds a tad odd. Your saying a "Near Miss" ( We will say 1 block off ) deals more damage than a direct impact?
Yes, it seems like that. I would always try to hit the fireballs back, so I get hit directly often, and I've never seen it do more than 97 damage.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Wouldn't a "near miss" be a hit? If it misses, I would say that is a "near hit" lol
Like if it hits the area's ajacent to the player, ( AKA 1 block to the left ) but the "Damage" can actually come from that. It doesn't nessisarly has to hit you head on. ( Sorta like TNT can kill you if your 1 block over from it )

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Like if it hits the area's ajacent to the player, ( AKA 1 block to the left ) but the "Damage" can actually come from that. It doesn't nessisarly has to hit you head on. ( Sorta like TNT can kill you if your 1 block over from it )
Mostly a joke, near miss is an example of why English is difficult to learn. That phrase doesn't make any sense. 1 goose, 2 geese, so 1 moose 2 meese??