• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Get souls from logging

Mazantin

Coal
You should get souls from chopping down trees, I feel like the only way to earn some souls is by mining or fighting mobs.

More Variety!:D

mung3r

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
You should get souls from chopping down trees, I feel like the only way to earn some souls is by mining or fighting mobs.

Don't forget farming/harvesting - any class.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter

You get souls from:

1. Soul Shards & Fragments, these are acquired by:
  • Mining Coal+ , rare ores like Diamond and Emerald have the best drop rate for rare relics and higher currency
  • Farming Crops
  • Killing monsters
  • Raiding other players
2. Trading with other players:
  • Relics & Codices. V Relics are the most valuable ones. Class codices are more valuable than profession codices.
  • Profession & Class services
3. Lvling up your profession.

Acquiring souls from logging would go to far and would be too easy. You have enough variety in the existing system.
Next you wish to get souls from breaking dirt blocks I suppose.

Even if this would be implemented, you couldn't/can expect:
  • Anything but Tiny Soul Shards to drop
  • The drop rate would be as low as for crops or even lower
  • No big profit by making big tree farms (you don't get a big profit from farming crops either)

My tip: go mining.

Last edited:

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
You get souls from:

1. Soul Shards & Fragments, these are acquired by:
  • Mining Coal+ , rare ores like Diamond and Emerald have the best drop rate for rare relics and higher currency
  • Farming Crops
  • Killing monsters
  • Raiding other players
2. Trading with other players:
  • Relics & Codices. V Relics are the most valuable ones. Class codices are more valuable than profession codices.
  • Profession & Class services
3. Lvling up your profession.

Acquiring souls from logging would go to far and would be too easy. You have enough variety in the existing system.
Next you wish to get souls from breaking dirt blocks I suppose.

Even if this would be implemented, you couldn't/can expect:
  • Anything but Tiny Soul Shards to drop
  • The drop rate would be as low as for crops or even lower
  • No big profit by making big tree farms (you don't get a big profit from farming crops either)

My tip: go mining.
Not to mention the devastation it would do to the landscape.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Not to mention the devastation it would do to the landscape.

Well not a big factor, since the fact that new players never replant or cut trees properly will never change. The rule of "mindlessly destroying the landscape" is unfortunately not being taken seriously anyway, as seen on Sanctuary. So if it would be implemented it'd not change a thing about that matter. There will still be the sane ones and the kind of players that doesn't get it.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Well not a big factor, since the fact that new players never replant or cut trees properly will never change. The rule of "mindlessly destroying the landscape" is unfortunately not being taken seriously anyway, as seen on Sanctuary. So if it would be implemented it'd not change a thing about that matter. There will still be the sane ones and the kind of players that doesn't get it.
Except that if cutting trees gave you money instead of just building material there would be more reason to harvest quickly and move along. As you stated there are plenty of people who harvest and don't replant. Let's not give them more reason.
To surmise: adding soul drops to trees will have two negative possible outcomes/abuses.
1. More incentive and higher likelihood of players ruining the landscape, as if this didn't happen enough already.
2. Players creating massive tree farms and basically farming souls.

The way I see it these are two valid reasons not to add this. I really can't see any positive benefits. If you added it but tried to keep the drops low enough that its not exploitable/doesnt encourage people to destroy landscape, not really much point in putting forth the effort to add it. If you add it and it does either of these then we have created a new problem by implementing a a solotion to a problem that never existed to begin with.
There is enough money in the game. No need to add this and possible negative outcomes = probably not worth doing

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I feel like mining shouldn't be nearly the only way to get money besides selling the worthless crap you get. However I don't know of many fair ways that would fix the economy.

Mazantin

Coal
Except that if cutting trees gave you money instead of just building material there would be more reason to harvest quickly and move along. As you stated there are plenty of people who harvest and don't replant. Let's not give them more reason.
To surmise: adding soul drops to trees will have two negative possible outcomes/abuses.
1. More incentive and higher likelihood of players ruining the landscape, as if this didn't happen enough already.
2. Players creating massive tree farms and basically farming souls.

The way I see it these are two valid reasons not to add this. I really can't see any positive benefits. If you added it but tried to keep the drops low enough that its not exploitable/doesnt encourage people to destroy landscape, not really much point in putting forth the effort to add it. If you add it and it does either of these then we have created a new problem by implementing a a solotion to a problem that never existed to begin with.
There is enough money in the game. No need to add this and possible negative outcomes = probably not worth doing

The reason why I made this post was: I was mining a dub chest of logs and i felt like it might be a good idea. I meant a small chance to get a tiny soul shard so after mining a dub you will have some souls