• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Geomancers are great, just need a couple fixes

Hey became a Geomancer and am really loving it! I excited for every new level because that brought me that much close to new abilities. That being said when i got to some of those abilities I was a little disappointed because either the wiki was wrong or it was broken or something. So here are the fixes that I would suggest.

1) Firearmor- absolutely love the idea, however atm it is broken. Unless it is suppose to only work with gold armor I think it should just be removed. The skill as it is now starts and last for 20-30 seconds. It has the chance to rhurt enemies as they try to damage you. But we already have reflect that has a 100% chance of damaging the enemies (if it even works right now I'm really close to getting it). So I think people would just use reflect or absorb because you get a lot more out of them.

Besides I feel like 4 defensive spells might be a little much for geomancers. Fireshield, Fireamor, Reflect, Absorb is a tad much. I think another combat spell or even a support spell would be awesome to have. Like the ability to walk on water or lava (but you could only not get hurt by the lava if you have flameshield on. The skill wouldn't have to be anything crazy or even anything that good.

2) Pulse dmg and mana cost. The wiki (before i changed it) said that pulse was for 10 damage for 25% mana. I thought that this was awesome. I didn't think it was to high in damage or anything because at max i would only be able to do 40 damage to everyone. That is it I got that far, I feel like if I run into a group and try to hurt them with pulse they will catch on and kill me before I am able to use all my mana on pulse.

However, when I became a high enough level to use it I found out that it was only 6 damage for 55% of my mana. So I never use pulse. Not at all worth it. Much better to hit multiple targets with fireball and icebolt. I think the 25% mana was perfect. 1/4 of your mana would make you use it when you have to and still have abilities to use after. I don't feel like the 6 damage is enough at all. When specd classes have more then 60 hp on the very low end 6 damage isn't going to put much of a dent in it. If it was for 10% mana or soemthing like that I would see 6 dmg working with a 10 second cooldown or something but I think the 10 dmg 25% mana 5 second cooldown was perfect.

So recap, Firearmor is broken and if it wasn't might be considered overkill. Probably should be removed and replaced or just removed.

Then Pulse should be balanced out.
ATM
6 Dmg 55% Mana 10 Second Cooldown
What it probably should be
10 Dmg 25% Mana 5-10 Second Cooldown

Depending on how reflect and absorb and blaze go I might make or add to this list.