• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Geomancer, Necromancer, Begulier, or Wizard

Which is the better class?

• Total voters

Elk777

Iron
Just wondering which one most people think is better. I'm deciding on a class right now, not sure if it's going to be a caster, but I would like to know anyway

HeX7

Obsidian
Yeah, i'm having that dilemma, I really need to research them more.
I want a fairly good Pvp class but also the option to teleport to spawn for easy trading.
It's really hard to find out what you personally want ;P
Any suggestions?
I am currently Rogue (Un-mastered)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Depends on what you want.

Geomancer is high damage, low utility
Beguiler is med damage, high utility
Wizard is high dmg, low utility
Necromancer is med dmg, med utility

In a nut-shell.

Elk777

Iron
I was just wondering what other people would pick. And i read up on the wiki and got the general idea just stuck between what I want. Again I might not even pick a caster, but If I do it would be between ... Geomancer and Wizard. Leaning towards the Geomancer because they have more AoE skills. Considering Necromancer, but only because of nethergate.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Geomancer, currently does the most damage and is really good in PvP if used right. Wizard on the other is more utility because you get groupteleport/port, but they are still good in PvP.

S

ShizzDawgg

Consider this...
ALL caster specs have their own form of aoe support whether it be damage or utility. So, they are all viable in group fights.

Wizard - aoe nukes (megabolt + pulse), mobility (blink + port), control (root), sustainability (replenish), high single target damage (fireblast + bolt). - Best solo caster spec in my opinion.

Geomancer - HUGE aoe nukage (blaze + icy aura + pulse), control (deepfreeze + icebolt), sustainability (flame shield + fire armor + reflect) - AMAZING damage output in group scenarios. Probably the hardest to kill of the caster specs because of the sustainability and control.

Necromancer - HUGE aoe nukage (Plague on its own absolutely wrecks), mobility (hellgate), sustainability (battery + drainsoul + become undeath), control (web + despair), single target damage (Decay) - Overall a great class because of the kiting ability and utility at hand (my personal favoite). :3

Beguiler - ranged aoe ability (plaguebomb + pulse), mobility (teleport_to_other), awesome support/utility (summonfood + safefall other + wisdom + dispel + purge + might), control (piggify), only single target ability (fireball). - I think that this class is taken for granted honestly. If I wasn't bard, i'd probably play this class. It does a great job in group fights, yet it is extremely underplayed. I would consider this class as more of a support than a dps.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I find Wizard generally useful. We can port people into areas for assistance in raids, and we can port to spawn ect ect.

Fireball and root are useful, aswell as bolt! :D

teddytazer

Soulsand
Wizard low utility?... Once upon a time as a necromancer we could summon a half retarded skeleton minion that would attack us half the time. Any time a wizard can Group Port 10 fully master Players to them. In a Pvp game this is the best utility u could ask for in a combat situation. also can be used to get nubs to your town. Beguilers Port is great and having multiple beguilers port to u would be amazing... yet I dont think there is even multiple beguilers online... Geos are your basic glass cannon. I will admit necromancer is a better class yet Hellgate is limited in usefulness cause the nether is literally HELL. Noobs cant level there and if whole partys go to get xp. they all die to a single pigman.

Elk777

Iron
I like Geomancer because he doesn't need as many reagents either. Other than your basic caster skills, Geomancer has 3 skills where he needs something to cast it.
Deepfreeze - only requires 1 snowball. This one is easy to get, just go to a snowy biome and collect snowballs.
Fire armor - U can just wear gold armor. until it runs out.(only bad thing is that gold is kinda hard to find and it has low durability)
Blaze - You only need one book to cast it. And to keep a steady supply of books, all you need is a sugar cane farm.
These skills require reagents that are pretty easy to obtain.

On the other hand, Wizard requires
1 gunpowder for both bolt and megabolt
5 red stone for blink
1 slime for Group teleport.
A lot of these are pretty hard to get, I'm just a noob but any kind of ore or mineral is not that easy to find because a lot of stuff has already been mined out. So redstone for blink might be expensive.
Gunpowder, I think, you can only get from creepers and ... mineshaft? So this is really hard obtain too.
And I really can't say anything about slime ball because I've never seen a slime in my whole minecraft career. (besides Hack/Slash/Mine)

All my info comes from Wiki so if i'm wrong then can someone update it? And I was going to type something else... I forgot.

E

eagles90809

Depends on what you want.

Geomancer is high damage, low utility
Beguiler is med damage, high utility
Wizard is high dmg, low utility
Necromancer is med dmg, med utility

In a nut-shell.

I disagree.
Wizard is high dmg, med utility due to port/group port capabilities